What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

AJB1102

First Grade
The fund to support Folau is nearly at $2 million. You call people Morons for spending their own money on a cause they obviously consider important. A cause they want determined by Australia's legal system. It is this intolerant attitude of supporters of Rugby Australia's action against Folau that is driving donations. Meanwhile, keep hammering away at your keyboard, it will keep the donations coming. Thanks champ.

They're paying for a multimillionaire to win more millions. This has nothing to do with intolerance, freedom of speech or religious freedoms.

He's free to pretty much say what he likes. Given his profile and massive brand association with ARU they said they don't wanna be associated with that and not to do it anymore. He did it again, they said f**koff.

If your mate invites you to a party and you get loaded and carry on a nonce he says "mate, no more of that". If you do it again don't cry when you're not invited back.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
They're paying for a multimillionaire to win more millions. This has nothing to do with intolerance, freedom of speech or religious freedoms.

He's free to pretty much say what he likes. Given his profile and massive brand association with ARU they said they don't wanna be associated with that and not to do it anymore. He did it again, they said f**koff.

If your mate invites you to a party and you get loaded and carry on a nonce he says "mate, no more of that". If you do it again don't cry when you're not invited back.
Like this guy has friends.

ULYSSES

Juniors
Why are you getting so worked up? It's his freedom of speech to question your intellect (lack thereof).

I have no problem with free speech or it's consequences, but that is not what the court case is going to be about.
I have to go but please keep the angst going, the till needs to keep clicking. Thanks, I know you will all oblige.

AJB1102

First Grade
Another keyboard bully. Your posts prove my assertion that you are a bully, your suggestion that I lack intelligence, you cannot prove. meanwhile the till clicks over. Thanks for the help.

You can't really call people out on using a keyboard when you're using a text based internet forum. How the f**k else they gonna go about replying?

DIOGENES

Juniors
Folau is only a pawn in the bigger picture of Australia’s continuing culture war. Folau doesn’t need the money but he wants to make a statement that his views have significant support. Those who have paid up want a means to say that they support Folau. I am sitting on the couch with the pop-corn - this will be interesting

typicalfan

Coach
Folau is only a pawn in the bigger picture of Australia’s continuing culture war. Folau doesn’t need the money but he wants to make a statement that his views have significant support. Those who have paid up want a means to say that they support Folau. I am sitting on the couch with the pop-corn - this will be interesting
Sadly this is true even to the point of if he was encouraged to make his post in the first place.

The only reason people are donating is because Israel stuck out his hand. Again either he thought it was a good idea or someone else did. I feel bad because I think the people involved are using religion to fulfill other agendas.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Maybe his god could pass messages for us?

Do you reckon god could have a yarn with his mate the Flying Spaghetti Monster on my behalf and ask for the heavens to rain down fettuccine carbonara on the earth tonight? And a giant loaf of herb bread on the side? Oh beloved father give us thy daily herb bread.

I’m hungry and I don’t really want to cook. Maybe I should pray to Menulog if the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t come through with the goods.

SBD82

Coach
Do you reckon god could have a yarn with his mate the Flying Spaghetti Monster on my behalf and ask for the heavens to rain down fettuccine carbonara on the earth tonight? And a giant loaf of herb bread on the side? Oh beloved father give us thy daily herb bread.

I’m hungry and I don’t really want to cook. Maybe I should pray to Menulog if the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t come through with the goods.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster helps those who menulog themselves.

jargan83

Coach

Flying Spaghetti Monster > Jesus

sempmrh

Juniors
Got this ad earlier on Instagram. Thoughts?

gzb30Em.jpg

I reported it for being offensive.

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
At the end of the day, regardless of the outcome, Folau loses nothing.

If he wins, he gets his 10m and rides off into the sunset. If he loses, then every other man and his dog has paid for it and he loses nothing.

If it were about principal, he would stand truly for his beliefs and find his own legal case. You know, the way you or I would have to. Burning s about having his cake and eating it too and coming out a winner regardless.

jargan83

Coach
12 or so months ago Israel Folau said he would walk away from Rugby Australia if his religious posts were causing harm to Rugby Australia.

"After we’d all talked, I told Raelene if she felt the situation had become untenable – that I was hurting Rugby Australia, its sponsors and the Australian rugby community to such a degree that things couldn’t be worked through – I would walk away from my contract, immediately," Folau wrote.

"I do not want to bring hurt to the game and want as many people playing it as possible. So when I spoke to Raelene about walking away, it was to help the game, not harm it, in the event we couldn’t come to an understanding.

"It was never my intention to hurt anyone with the Instagram comment, but that I could never shy away from who I am, or what I believe.

"They explained their position and talked about external pressure from the media, sponsors and different parts of the community, which I understand.

"I acknowledge Raelene and Andrew have to run things in a way that appeals broadly to their executive, fans and sponsors, as well as its players and staff. It is a business."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...d-aside-for-good-of-game-20190413-p51du8.html

His word and his principles are worth squat.

Quicksilver

Bench
My tip is that he’ll win the court case but he’ll ultimately be refused entry in to heaven.

God doesn’t look too kindly upon frivolous use of resources.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The fund raising is to fund court action. That is the cause. The donors want a legal ruling. Why the phobia against a court ruling. Whatever your fear it is fuelling donations because you call people names and try to bully Folau supporters. Let the courts decide.
I hope Folau wins, if he doesn't the sun will still rise.
On the contrary actually. What his donors are seeking is irrelevant.

If Folau truly believed this was about freedom of religion, he'd have the courage and belief to put his own money behind this - he certainly has more than enough to fund this case himself.

The fact he's asking others to put their hard-earned behind it just shows he doesn't believe enough in the cause and refuses to take the risk to defend it himself.