What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have a hard time believing Ivan Cleary can sign three good players, if he signs one it’ll be a miracle.

Just look at who he recruited to the Tigers. There’s a solid chance here we actually make our squad worse.

Lets look at who is off contract for us.

Katoa ($150k)
Sele same
Fuimaono same
Say DWZ and Blake $800k between them.

If we keep Maloney I don't think a 9 is needed for squad balance.

Naden will be on minimum wage. Say Peachey gets Blake's money

That leaves $750k to get 3 players. Should fix the weak bench up at worst with that

Lets look at who is off contract for us.

Katoa ($150k)
Sele same
Fuimaono same
Say DWZ and Blake $800k between them.

If we keep Maloney I don't think a 9 is needed for squad balance.

Naden will be on minimum wage. Say Peachey gets Blake's money

That leaves $750k to get 3 players. Should fix the weak bench up at worst with that

Without addressing a major issue, like a running hooker or a ball playing fullback, the squad has been weakened.

You aren’t signing anyone decent for 250k, it’s below the average NRL wage. Best you do is fill the roster with promoted players or bring in average journeyman.

I think there’s a better than even chance the squad next year will be worse.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
According to Hooper on 360 we are paying a substantial amount of freight on the Waqa deal. If we are I'm seriously pissed off. Parra supposedly came knocking, why the f**k would we pay a cent?

mxlegend99

Referee
According to Hooper on 360 we are paying a substantial amount of freight on the Waqa deal. If we are I'm seriously pissed off. Parra supposedly came knocking, why the f**k would we pay a cent?
He said we're paying DWZ still too. Claiming Bulldogs are giving him minimum wage. We're covering the rest.

How could we possibly be paying either a cent to play elsewhere if they wanted out? Wouldn't make any sense

Pomoz

Bench
Roberts has been in trouble recently on Brisbane, had to be carried out of a nightclub he was so drunk. His attitude is why the Broncos punted him.

I take your point about the path Ivan is following, but given it’s not a path that’s brought him results, perhaps he should’ve tried some different thinking?

He’s clearly limited as a coach, it would stand to reason for me that rather focussing too much of player attitudes, perhaps he should focus more on ability?
Herbert, if the press is to be believed Seibold and Roberts don’t get on. Seibold has moved him on because he isn’t on the bus. He is clearly on Bennetts bus.

The whole point of “Good to great’s” conclusion about ‘On the Bus’ is that focusing on ability isn’t enough. A group of capable people who don’t share the same values and goals will only enjoy limited success. Again, its not the only factor to success but it is the starting point because without the right people with the right attitude, you will not be the best you can be.

To me, finding players with a good attitude is easy, the bit that’s hard, the bit that sets the Bennetts, Alex Ferguson’s and Rick Charlesworths of this world apart, is picking who the right people are. I mean, who would have thought skinny old Cameron Smith would become close to GOAT status, a chain smoking Cruyff would become an all time soccer great and a chubby Mexican, the heavyweight champion of the world?

BxTom

Bench
He said we're paying DWZ still too. Claiming Bulldogs are giving him minimum wage. We're covering the rest.

How could we possibly be paying either a cent to play elsewhere if they wanted out? Wouldn't make any sense
Well if we are paying for these two still, it shows that our cap must have been left in a fairly good condition when Gus left and not in the supposed mess that Dave and his mate are using as an excuse to dump players...

Herbert, if the press is to be believed Seibold and Roberts don’t get on. Seibold has moved him on because he isn’t on the bus. He is clearly on Bennetts bus.

The whole point of “Good to great’s” conclusion about ‘On the Bus’ is that focusing on ability isn’t enough. A group of capable people who don’t share the same values and goals will only enjoy limited success. Again, its not the only factor to success but it is the starting point because without the right people with the right attitude, you will not be the best you can be.

To me, finding players with a good attitude is easy, the bit that’s hard, the bit that sets the Bennetts, Alex Ferguson’s and Rick Charlesworths of this world apart, is picking who the right people are. I mean, who would have thought skinny old Cameron Smith would become close to GOAT status, a chain smoking Cruyff would become an all time soccer great and a chubby Mexican, the heavyweight champion of the world?

I'm skeptical that's even what happened with Blake. Cleary brought him in to FG, he's said not to work his players as hard as Hook did.

I think it's more likely we're looking at the club pushing him out because of his contract.

Focusing on ability may not be enough, but when the club lacks ability it's a pretty important factor. It's much easier for great coaches to dispense with ability when they have more to fall back on, but that's not the case for us.

Ultimately the issue we're left with is we have a mediocre coach, I simply don't trust his judgement as to who has the appropriate attitude.

Black Magik

Juniors

Not saying I know but could that be we are covering the remainder of this season. I hope we aren’t covering costs next year on either of them.

hindy111

Post Whore
MJ,Blake,Sivo.....Thank you very much lol.

I mean honeslty this is 3 very good players while Edwards,Too,Whare spaz around in your backline. Please. Thisnis just poor management by the club.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Without addressing a major issue, like a running hooker or a ball playing fullback, the squad has been weakened.

You aren’t signing anyone decent for 250k, it’s below the average NRL wage. Best you do is fill the roster with promoted players or bring in average journeyman.

I think there’s a better than even chance the squad next year will be worse.
If that's correct I'm alarmed

Marky Mark

Juniors
I'm skeptical that's even what happened with Blake. Cleary brought him in to FG, he's said not to work his players as hard as Hook did.

I think it's more likely we're looking at the club pushing him out because of his contract.

Focusing on ability may not be enough, but when the club lacks ability it's a pretty important factor. It's much easier for great coaches to dispense with ability when they have more to fall back on, but that's not the case for us.

Ultimately the issue we're left with is we have a mediocre coach, I simply don't trust his judgement as to who has the appropriate attitude.
Exactly - the coach is a card board cut, a facade, McFly... McFly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts