What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Bob

Juniors
Try catch up on some highlights of Burton. He has real potential as a 5/8. Won the man of the match in the SG Ball GF last year (I would've given it to Blore)
I thought Hayden Bonnano was the one touted as being the best of the lot, I know he’s been playing Sydney Shield for saints but is he still in our system, also noticed Maurice TRINDALL is on the bench in Flegg, has his attitude improved

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I thought Hayden Bonnano was the one touted as being the best of the lot, I know he’s been playing Sydney Shield for saints but is he still in our system, also noticed Maurice TRINDALL is on the bench in Flegg, has his attitude improved

I will ask about Maurice Trindall on Saturday. That kid is a special talent.

franklin2323

Immortal

Bonnano and Burton both are good. Hopefully we move one to FB to fix that hole and not lose them

ashton

Juniors
SG Ball halves for 2020 are also very good. - Connor Mason, Donovan Boney and a young kid from Wellington who I cant remember his name. Plus the fullback/winger from St Marys.
Latrell Leota ,Bunting and Elasara are 3 to watch in Harold Matthews next year. Plus a young kid who I think will be a star of the future. (I wont mention his name on here)
Looking through the junior ranks I think we have every position covered except front rowers. ATM

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Latrell Leota ,Bunting and Elasara are 3 to watch in Harold Matthews next year. Plus a young kid who I think will be a star of the future. (I wont mention his name on here)
ATM

I have been watching Bunting since he was very young. Such a composed halfback for a kid so young.

Is the kid you won't mention, Isaiya Katoa?

ashton

Juniors
I have been watching Bunting since he was very young. Such a composed halfback for a kid so young.

Is the kid you won't mention, Isaiya Katoa?
No ...Katoa is also a very good player. That age group has a stack of good players.
The halfback from Wellington NSW is Rylee Blackall. Good prospect

DrStange

Juniors
No ...Katoa is also a very good player. That age group has a stack of good players.
The halfback from Wellington NSW is Rylee Blackall. Good prospect
The 17 that played in the Andrew Johns Cup semi final can all hopefully stay together and be a very talented harold Matthews team this season

ashton

Juniors
The 17 that played in the Andrew Johns Cup semi final can all hopefully stay together and be a very talented harold Matthews team this season
There is about 10 -- 12 players from this side playing in the Australian Schoolboys championship starting on Sunday. Plus there is one kid who is a real talent that is a year young in the training squad. Watch him go.
I streamed most of their games in the Andrew Johns cup this year. Size and power up front, rangy backrowers quality halves big strong ,tall centres, fast wingers and fullback.....this is the type of side we need in the NRL

Panther_Daz

Staff member
There is about 10 -- 12 players from this side playing in the Australian Schoolboys championship starting on Sunday. Plus there is one kid who is a real talent that is a year young in the training squad. Watch him go.
I streamed most of their games in the Andrew Johns cup this year. Size and power up front, rangy backrowers quality halves big strong ,tall centres, fast wingers and fullback.....this is the type of side we need in the NRL

They have been waiting for this age group to come through for about 5 years. There's big hopes for them.

Is the year young player you're talking about the fullback from Doonside?

DrStange

Juniors
They have been waiting for this age group to come through for about 5 years. There's big hopes for them.

Is the year young player you're talking about the fullback from Doonside?
I think they are tossing up whether to play him a year above himself in harold Matthews this season

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I think they are tossing up whether to play him a year above himself in harold Matthews this season

Penrith have moved towards playing each player in their age group and not playing players above their age.

However, I believe they are making a special exception for this kid next year and he will play Harold Matts a year above.

OldPanther

Coach
Penrith have moved towards playing each player in their age group and not playing players above their age.

However, I believe they are making a special exception for this kid next year and he will play Harold Matts a year above.

He must be a special talent on Ponga's level the way you guys are talking.

betcats

Referee
Thanks for this thread, I like hearing about all these potential players and find it pretty difficult to get information about them apart from the weekly highlights of the game.

Yeah me too. I rely heavily on these forums for info on the kids before they get to HM and SG ball. even once they are there its hard to find a lot of info and highlights of them. Appreciate it.

Latest posts