What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Canterbury Cup NSW & U20 Jersey Flegg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pardon me for my ignorance but last season Channel 9 showed the NSW Cup in opposition to FoxSports, recently I have cancelled my Fox subscription only to find C9 no longer broadcast these games!.WTF!.
Fox broadcast a Saturday Canterbury Cup game before the first NRL game of the day.

Nine broadcast 1:10pm Sunday regardless.

yakstorm

First Grade
Fox broadcast a Saturday Canterbury Cup game before the first NRL game of the day.

Nine broadcast 1:10pm Sunday regardless.

It's something I'm glad they fixed this year. It felt rather counter intuitive to have two NSW Cup matches being broadcasted each week but on at exactly the same time.

At least by letting Fox take mainly Saturday and Nine Sunday, it gives an opportunity to grow the overall audience for the second tier competition.

1pm Sunday is a better time-slot for TV audiences than Saturday on FTA.

Tigers1986

Juniors
9 are so counter productive for the sport. They did all their moaning last year to get the coverage, then they shelve it's marquee sport to the GEM channel for netball?

Timmah

Staff member
9 are so counter productive for the sport. They did all their moaning last year to get the coverage, then they shelve it's marquee sport to the GEM channel for netball?
Netball is reasonably popular to be fair, and Canterbury Cup is hardly a ratings winner. Most people can access GEM now and I'd hazard a guess Netball brings in more viewers and ad $ than CC.

Timmah

Staff member
So why fight Fox for it and cause commotion about the broadcasting?
"Fight Fox for it"?

Huh?

Fox broadcast on Saturdays prior to the first Super Saturday match, more or less the same as in previous years.

kbw

Bench
Interesting match up on the weekend in the Wenty v Warriors game.Tepai Maeroa #11 lines up against Taane Milne #12. They were school boy centre union partners for 3 or 4 years

nzwarrior51

Juniors
Interesting match up on the weekend in the Wenty v Warriors game.Tepai Maeroa #11 lines up against Taane Milne #12. They were school boy centre union partners for 3 or 4 years

It’s very strange how it’s on so early.

nzwarrior51

Juniors
Jersey Flegg is on Fox League this week from 9AM at Mt Smart Stadium the Warriors are taking on Cronulla. The following Canterbury Cup game also been broadcasted by Sky is not instead Fox are taking replays. But good to see Flegg on TV regardless.

Latest posts