What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 27th June 7:50pm @Bankwest Stadium

truthslayer

Juniors
The worst game of football I have ever seen! As for Souths, you guys get paid tonight I would not give you a feed for a week. From the pathetic George Burgess tackle eye gouge. It got worse and worse. Cody Walker is no captain. Graham, I like the lad but you fumbles have been costly. And Forwards where are you. John Sutton standout.Gaigai anyone seen him? Options tonight just pathetic. Im pissed off I spent that time watching this . I hope bennett read the riot act.

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
I honestly didn't realise Gagai was playing until he kicked off after the Corey Thompson try just before half-time

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Honestly it’s strange as a Souths supporter to finally have your team affected by origin. I don’t like it. Our short turn arounds after origin are really kicking us in the balls.

You Played dull uninteresting defensive football and were punished by a side of mostly reserve graders who wanted. It more.

Jimmy Roberts started showing some glimpses and first game back for a ginger reynolds.

English Rose

Juniors
Any Souths fans who question why Sam is captain just watch that game again. They look lost without him and lack go forward and leadership!

On another note what George Burgess did tonight was one of the most despicable acts I have ever seen on a rugby field and it is not the 1st time he has done it. Hope the NRL come down hard on him!

The more I look at that George incident, the more I want to f**k him off now.

Seriously. Big money player giving us f**k ups galore. I remember when people ribbed Manase Manuokafoa.... George is an English international, commanding big bucks and sucking up cap space to give us dropsies, penalties and suspensions.

Grrr...Burgess.

The most forgiving of the fans are us tigers supporters.

It looked a lot worse than it was.

It’s sad that a talent goes a bit feral for you.

Robbie is ok.

2 weeks hopefully.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Having watched Chee Kams Try 73 tines one thing that really stands out is how lazy James roberts was. As soon as MCK steppes infield he gave up, then when het break was made he half heartedly chased for about 10m and gave up. If he went through he

1) would have been a good chance of running him down

Or

2) at least got in the way of Mbye being a support player. Allen was wrong footed as he had to cover Mbye, if Roberts had of chased he takes that option out and Allen just focuses on the guy with the ball

Very slack from the Jet

callmack1

Staff member
Sorry for my late match review, had a big day at work today so had to go to bed straight after the game.

Well it's almost been 24 hours since the game but I don't feel any better. I am so friggin pissed off and upset it's not even funny!! Once again another game goes by with a very average performance from our boys, last night was crap! So many errors, a lack of punch, a lack of direction in attack and a lack of hunger. The Tigers just wanted it more. Even then, we put ourselves in a winning position yet still lose in a heartbreaking way, god it hurts! I just don't know what is going on to be honest. Obviously Origin has impacted us far more then any of us imagined it would because we are in a real hole. Keep playing like that and we can kiss the top four goodbye.

Attack was a bit all over the shop last night. I don't think we had any problem making meters with the ball, that was fine, but we just looked lost when we were attacking the line. Passes went to ground, some plays looked slow motion, some were just straight up predictable and we seemed to still insist on doing this crash ball with the forwards all the time. We also played dumb and didn't play patient footy as can be seen in some plays were we went for the 'hail Mary' play, this wasn't needed at the time and was just straight up stupidity. What;s more, it's becomming concerning how much we go left as we have some real attacking weapons there but we don't friggin use them. Then there was the ridiculous amount of errors once again, they were unforgiveable. There was the odd time where the attack looked good, most noyeably for our try (that was beautiful Rugby League) and then there were a few other moments where we looked to have them broken only for execution to be shit house and the try be bombed. But for the most part, attack wasn't great at all.

Interestingly, I thought defence was actually pretty good. In general play, for most of the game, our line speed was much better which had the Tigers struggling for meters and we showed some great desire in that area. Then the goal line defence was actually really, really good for 74 minutes. Our own crappy play on attack put us under a lot of pressure but the boys seemed to absorb that pressure and turned the Tigers away time and time again which was impressive. It was like a Red and Green brick wall. I think the Tigers had around 50 tackles in our 20 meter zone yet we still didn't concede, that was an awesome effort. But then right when it mattered and we were in a winning position, what happens? The boys got lazy, missed three simple tackles and boom the game is gone. I can't even describe how disappointed I am with the defensive effort in that play.

Allan: Was okay. He didn't really go anything spectacular and to be honest, was hardly seen in attack. In saying that, he didn't actually do anything wrong and I really liked his kick returns as he ran with purpose. Picked up a try but I would've liked to have seen him more involved and he put in a pretty weak attempt to stop Chee-Kam at the end which lost us the game.

Gagai: I am very surprised to see he hasn't been torn to shreads online because he deserves to be. That was honestly disgraceful from Gags tonight, not up to rep player standard at all. Seriously, what did he do? He did absolutely nothing!! probably only had about eight runs all game and to be honest, I forgot he was even playing. That is just not good enough for a player on that kind of money, let alone a State of Origin player. Absolute bullshit from Gags.

Burns: Braidon wasn't bad, I'd call it a successful return. His runs looked very, very dangerous and he seemed to have that X factor out there on the left. I enjoyed him running off Cody and Sutto when we rarely got it right, it looked good especially the try. That was great work from Burnsy. He was good defensively too but I'd just like to see him involved a bit more.

Roberts: A bit of a mixed game for Jimmy. I enjoyed his running game as he gave each run a lot of effort and looked to break through a couple of times but once again, he didn't get involved enough. That is partly due to poor tactics from the team and coach as we didn't seem to attck right much but he could still go in looking for the ball a bit more. In terms of defence, he was a little disappointing as he seemed to come up out of the line at a different time to everyone else all night which made me nervous and then on the game losing play, he was very lazy which was the reason Chee-Kam went through so easy. That was simply not good enough.

Graham: Cammy was awful in that game, he really was. Didn't come in for as many runs as he should have and just had so many dropped balls in him, one of which cost us a try as he had clear space in front of him but couldn't catch an easy pass that any other first grade winger would have caught. I think it's time he is dropped as he sadly hasn't been performing.

Walker: Cody had a bit of a mixed night to be fair. I've seen a lot of people absolutely slamming him for that game but I don't think that's entirely warranted. He did make some very poor plays at times with crap pass selection or the fact that he just didn't pass at all. I think there was a couple of times we could have scored last night if Cody passes. However, he did show glimpses of that brilliance we have come to know and love this year. There we a few times that he just tore the opposition to shreads with his running game and he had them at sixes and sevens which was good to see so I don't think we can be super harsh on Cody like some are. However, I do agree he is not the right choice for captain.

Reynolds: Also a bit of a mixed night. Did some really good things and put us in a position to win the game but he couldn't close it out. I thought his kicking game was a bit mixed too as he made a couple of errors that gifted the Tigers a seven-tackle set but then produced some absolute pearlers that had them back peddling and under pressure. Reyno was also good defensively but I dunno, he just wasn't 100% on song.

G.Burgess: Well, were do I start? I'm not normally this harsh on our players but George is an absolute idiot for doing that. It was easily one of the most disgraceful acts I have ever seen on a Rugby League field it was that bad. What a friggin idiot, there is no place for that in our game but the fact that he did it out in the open is just plain stipidity. I am fuming at him as he could potentially be out for a large part of the Season remaining. I'm getting well and truely sick of George, he provides nothing anymore.

Cook: Wasn't his best game to be honest. I felt that he did a great job of bringing the forwards onto the ball (as always) and had a couple of great, dangerous looking runs but I do feel that he just overplayed his hand a bit. He looked a little lost close to the line and did some really dumb shit in that area with poor passes and kicks. No doubt he's been impacted by Origin but we need him back at his best.

Knight: I thought Liam was actually pretty good. ran with a hell of a lot of vigor and gained a decent amout of meters as a result. He also had a great work ethic and was able to slip a few classy offloads away, was a real forward leader in that game.

Sutton: Wasn't great to be honest. Did have some nice runs with that cheeky little left step of his catching a few defenders out throughout the game and had a hand in the wonderful set up for our only try of the match but apart from that, he kind of went missing. I honestly can't remember him having many runs so he needs to lift.

Lowe: Not too much to say. Wasn't badand he did his job outh ther on the right edge with some solid runs that had good post-conteact meters, made no errors and he did his job in defence.

Murray: Not much to say really which is extremely disappoiting for Murray. Origin has obviously impacted him too but he just seemed to disappear for a lot of that game. The odd decent run but that was it, not good enough from Cam. I think that may be the first time this year I've properly critised him.

callmack1

Staff member
Tatola: Junior was really good. I'm gonna come out and say it, he was our best last night easily. His runs were just awesome as he'd run as hard as he could yet still keep those legs pumping to make massive amounts of post-contact meters. He was the forward leader out there, just a shame no one really folled him apart from maybe Knight. Not many guys had a great game last night but Tatola certainly did!

Nicholls: Not much to say really, not much to report on but as we have come to expect from Mark, he just did his job and that's all we can ask for.

Britt: Britty was okay. he did provide great impact when he came on with some very aggressive run. I would say that he had a good game if it weren't for the large amount of penalties he conceded through poor dicipline.

Turner: Not an awful lot to say as he didn't get a great deal of minutes but he made his solid runs and most of his tackles. There was just the one shitty moment were he clocked off in defence and also maissed a tackle on Chee-Kam through a bit of laziness. That cost us the game so I was disappointed in that area.

I must say, I am kind of appauled and am starting to worry. That's four losses in a row now which is just not good enough for a top team, it really isn't. We're in a real hole at the moment. Yes, it's because of Origin but at the end of the day, four losses is four losses and losing can start to become a habit, just as winning did for us earlier in the year. We really need to break of of this or such a promising year is going to go to shit in no time. Continue like this and we can kiss top four goodbye.

Still, I know we have a real side here. A side that is capable of winning the Premiership if we play to our best and get lucky with injury. Hopefully this period is just an overcast phase and we will hit our straps in the run home. that's what we're all hoping but no doubt we have a lot to work on.

Sixteen days to fix it now and the bye Round will be a great chance for the boys to rest up and get ready for a big back end of the Season.

assess5

Juniors
Tatola: Junior was really good. I'm gonna come out and say it, he was our best last night easily. His runs were just awesome as he'd run as hard as he could yet still keep those legs

Still, I know we have a real side here. A side that is capable of winning the Premiership if we play to our best and get lucky with injury. Hopefully this period is just an overcast phase and we will hit our straps in the run home. that's what we're all hoping but no doubt we have a lot to work on.

Sixteen days to fix it now and the bye Round will be a great chance for the boys to rest up and get ready for a big back end of the Season.

Did we watch the same game? I thought Sutton was the best Souths player on the field, tried his guts out. I thought Knight had a poor game, same as Lowe, they both take the ball up with serious mediocrity. Turner, in the centre had his worst game, just ineffective. Walker was rocks and diamonds, mainly rocks. G Burgess, bye bye I think! I thought Mark Nichols defended well, thought both Reynolds and Burns had great returns from injury ( you can't expect to much from Burns in particular, being away so long) Not impressed with Allan, perhaps not Gagai's greatest game but he and Cook and Murry were all backing up from a very hard SOO. Just my thoughts.

Crowe

Juniors
I am not surprised our 3 origin players coming back from Perth all struggled last night.
What is the deal with Graham?
He is a major liability this year.
We have not won a game since Roberts joined us.
I’m not blaming Roberts for our losses but something just not right about our team at the moment.

AA190923-2ACB-4FE0-B55C-B608128C9EF9.jpeg
This is from the last play.

The main issues with the play was that there were not enough attacking players in the vicinity of the target area, the players who were there such as Kyle Turner are not noted game breakers, the kick was too low and short and the defence had half an hour to catch it.

At this time, most of the Souths side were hanging around the middle looking bored or uninterested unless it was a decoy thing.

Wtf is Turner doing chasing after a game winning ball with the likes of jimmy, cody, cook and Graham in the squad?

Badly planned, poorly executed nonsense play.

May as well have thrown the ball over the touch line.

Tough night for the bunnies faithful.

Of course the tigers, we tried hard to loose it many times as well.

Latest posts