What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The unknown

Juniors
Just saw the eye gauge, that has to go down as one of the worst things I've seen on a footy field, it was deliberate and looked like he put a ton of pressure on his eye

If the shit merkin doesn't get atleast 6 weeks the NRL is f**ked

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just saw the eye gauge, that has to go down as one of the worst things I've seen on a footy field, it was deliberate and looked like he put a ton of pressure on his eye

What annoys me most is the referee clearly saw it, he said as much to Farah. It should have been an instant send off. Sure, it meant we got two points but no advantage from foul play like the teams that play South over the next 4 or 6 weeks will get from his suspension. It was foul play, it was witnessed by the referee, it is a send off....pure and simple.

Ron's_Mate

Bench

It was identical to his gouge of DWZ in the World Cup, so he is a repeat offender at trying to blind opponents. Should be gone for the rest of the season.

WA Tiger

Bench
Souths had our attack pretty well covered, fortunately the WT can compete with most teams for the 2 points if the game turns into a scrap.
Two in a row where we are definitely going to lose then we win..yes we won the scrap.We play the full 80. that’s belief. That’s what Madge has been drumming into them. He would have loved that win and Pascoe

Last edited:

Choiboi

Juniors
I don’t think he is slow I think he is down on confidence. He needs to aim up!! He scored 19 tries last year but has barely crossed the line for us. He obviously has ability.

Possibly but he was outside of GI last yr who would have made scoring easy for him...

Vozzy

Juniors
Difference tonight was the forwards worked hard in defense especially around the ruck. Didn't let the likes of Cook run free like against Canberra. Attack still needs better execution. Twal, Matterson, Eisenhuth and Mikele ran for over 100. Clark ran for 95 hr can only get better.

Pezz70

Juniors
Gee I thought I was negative..mate do you ever post a positive thought

They stayed in the scrap and got the chocolates, but execution and ball security was off. I don’t think they’re too far off doing something good. Brooks starting is starting to look really good, some of the shapes they were throwing at Souths in the attacking zone looked dangerous and a bit different to what other sides offer. They get the timing and execution right on some
Of those plays they start scoring tries.

WA Tiger

Bench
Two things about Thompson although I’ve only watched game on phone while walking coz I had to...1 That high ball he took when we hit the lead was a pressure catch when greasy..2 he fit between the gap for the try ..maybe small is better...He’s my equal favourite ..he’ll grow on y’all

magpie_man

Juniors
Two things about Thompson although I’ve only watched game on phone while walking coz I had to...1 That high ball he took when we hit the lead was a pressure catch when greasy..2 he fit between the gap for the try ..maybe small is better...He’s my equal favourite ..he’ll grow on y’all

I agree, I said a few weeks ago (after he dropped more bombs than the blitzkrieg) that he's worth persisting with at the back. He's deceptively quick and seems to have a good footy brain.

The unknown

Juniors
Difference tonight was the forwards worked hard in defense especially around the ruck. Didn't let the likes of Cook run free like against Canberra. Attack still needs better execution. Twal, Matterson, Eisenhuth and Mikele ran for over 100. Clark ran for 95 hr can only get better.

Got to watch the game finally and Huth was impressive, probably his best game for us

They stayed in the scrap and got the chocolates, but execution and ball security was off. I don’t think they’re too far off doing something good. Brooks starting is starting to look really good, some of the shapes they were throwing at Souths in the attacking zone looked dangerous and a bit different to what other sides offer. They get the timing and execution right on some
Of those plays they start scoring tries.

I agree. Their guile kept them in the game, they didn't give up, even when Souths slotted the FG.

Pretty dour affair all round to be honest, both sides were dropping plenty of ball so it's fair to say that it was rather greasy out there which affected the overall quality of the game. Could have been a very different outcome if it were a dry track.

Just glad we got the chocolates purely for the fact that Souths should have been playing a man down for 70+ minutes.

Das Hassler

Bench
What annoys me most is the referee clearly saw it, he said as much to Farah. It should have been an instant send off. Sure, it meant we got two points but no advantage from foul play like the teams that play South over the next 4 or 6 weeks will get from his suspension. It was foul play, it was witnessed by the referee, it is a send off....pure and simple.

He absolutely should have been marched. ..the bunker had more than enough time to make the call. ..while we did get the win we probably would have repaired our F/A by at least another 20 points playing against 12 men from the 7th minute...Souths wouldnt have held up...no chance.