What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Pomoz

Bench
The Cubs program starts at Under 12's.
Wow, that really is investing in the future. Maybe that's why we are starting to see so many good players in the juniors. People keep saying we always have produced good juniors but this seems to be exceptional at the moment.

Last edited:

ashton

Juniors
Not yet but I am looking forward to it.
Can you check with your inside contact whether Penrith will bring in about 3 to 4 external players for next years Harold Matthews 2020?
IMO Donovan Boney is our best prospect.........best kicking game you will ever see for a kid his age.

OldPanther

Coach
Wow, that really is investing in the future. Maybe that's why we are starting to see so many good players in the juniors. People keep saying we always have reduced good juniors but this seems to be exceptional at the moment.

This is the generation @franklin2323 said is starting to come through so maybe we will start seeing an increase in quality of our juniors.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Can you check with your inside contact whether Penrith will bring in about 3 to 4 external players for next years Harold Matthews 2020?
IMO Donovan Boney is our best prospect.........best kicking game you will ever see for a kid his age.

I will try and ask tomorrow.

Boney had the best kicking game I've ever seen at Harold Matts level. I think I've mentioned that before on here.

DrStange

Juniors
I will try and ask tomorrow.

Boney had the best kicking game I've ever seen at Harold Matts level. I think I've mentioned that before on here.
I think they are of the opinion that this years 15s from western rams academy aren't as good as the talent in this age but I could be wrong

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I noticed that Ryley Smith won the Harold Matts Player of the Year this season.

That kid has a difficult decision to make in a couple of years. Outstanding in two sports...

ashton

Juniors
Australian under 15 schoolboy championship- NSWCCC 22 defeat NSWCHS- 12
Latrelle Leota scored a try and Katoa kicked 3 goal for the winning side.

ashton

Juniors
CHS team been disappointing Ashton I thought there were some players that didn't make that team that should have
Dr Strange - It's hard for me to comment as I don't live in Sydney. However I was lucky enough to watch a number of Penrith Andrew Johns Cup games live stream this year.
I was very impressed with what I saw from the whole side, but as I said before Bunting, Leota and Elisara caught myself eye. Esera Goshe has plenty of pace and the hooker belts the oposition with his tackling. Overall a very strong side. I also watched Laurie Daley cup games - Connor Mason and the Fijian flyer fullbackwere my pick. Braith Alexander is too small and too slow IMO....hope he proves me wrong.
Panther Daz would be able to comment more than what I would, as he watches plenty of junior league games in the Penrith District

Latest posts