What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Eelogical

Referee
Im not saying he did nothing ... but i am gob smacked at the outrage when the others earlier this year were worse ... i think the still pic being shown is misleading .... mcguire and that raiders dude stuck their fingers in and ripped around ... burgess put straight fingers into the bone above the eye - not good and suspension worthy but different
There's other places he could have stuck his finger...........

Suitman

Post Whore
Im not saying he did nothing ... but i am gob smacked at the outrage when the others earlier this year were worse ... i think the still pic being shown is misleading .... mcguire and that raiders dude stuck their fingers in and ripped around ... burgess put straight fingers into the bone above the eye - not good and suspension worthy but different

Fair enough.

The NRL are to blame for last night's alleged gouging, (not withstanding Burgess's stupidity) for not cutting this crap out earlier this season.
I'm not sure the others earlier this season were worse, but geez mate, any eye gouge should be clamped down on with a sledge hammer and should have been earlier.
Enough is enough.
Burgess needs to serve decent time. He knew exactly what he was doing.
I'm sick of the NRL putting up with all the grubbiness that has crept into our game.
It's time to go back to the Jim Coman's style suspensions.

Eelogical

Referee
Fair enough.

The NRL are to blame for last night's gouging, (not withstanding Burgess's stupidity) for not cutting this crap out earlier this season.
I'm not sure the others earlier this season were worse, but geez mate, any eye gouge should be clamped down on with a sledge hammer and should have been earlier.
Enough is enough.
I'm sick of the NRL putting up with all the grubbiness that has crept into our game.
Alleged gouging.

strider

Post Whore
Fair enough.

The NRL are to blame for last night's alleged gouging, (not withstanding Burgess's stupidity) for not cutting this crap out earlier this season.
Enough is enough.
Yes thats basically what i am saying .... why the f**k did they do nothing earlier this year? .... they let others practically get away with it .... but now suddenly straight to the judiciary

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes thats basically what i am saying .... why the f**k did they do nothing earlier this year? .... they let others practically get away with it .... but now suddenly straight to the judiciary

Because the NRL have no clue and are reactionary with most of their decisions based on media reaction.
Our leaders have always been weak as piss.

T.S Quint

Coach
You get found guilty of eye gouging, you should cop a 10-week suspension. You don’t mess with someone’s eyesight.
What would be the suspension for someone who deliberately breaks someone’s bone in a game? Probably a f**kton of weeks, right?
Well bones heal. If you lose your eyesight, it’s gone.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm probably out of my depth here, but WTF with the Roosters claiming Drew Hutchinson to be a development player ?

IIRC he was being groomed as the next big thing for STG towards the end of 2016. Played NRL but then suffered an ACL or something similar. STG was forced to go in another direction (Benji ?) and Drew was left on his Pat Malone.

Enter Luke Keary getting injured in 2019 and the Roosters dragged him out of purgatory to play NRL which he did in Rounds 13 & 14 this year.

Now he is a development player ?

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/drew-hutchinson/summary.html

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm probably out of my depth here, but WTF with the Roosters claiming Drew Hutchinson to be a development player ?

IIRC he was being groomed as the next big thing for STG towards the end of 2016. Played NRL but then suffered an ACL or something similar. STG was forced to go in another direction (Benji ?) and Drew was left on his Pat Malone.

Enter Luke Keary getting injured in 2019 and the Roosters dragged him out of purgatory to play NRL which he did in Rounds 13 & 14 this year.

Now he is a development player ?

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/drew-hutchinson/summary.html
He’s 24 years old now so you’d have to think that would be at the very upper limit
of the eligibility criteria (which hasn’t been published anywhere from what I can find).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think that designation has any prerequisites. You can sign anyone as a development player if they're willing to take no more than $60k and require special permission to play before July.

Snoochies

First Grade
Why didn't Burgess ask the judiciary why his eye gouge was any worse than McGuires eye gouge? Is there a grading in regards to eye gouges that determine the difference between a fine and a suspension?

strider

Post Whore
Why didn't Burgess ask the judiciary why his eye gouge was any worse than McGuires eye gouge? Is there a grading in regards to eye gouges that determine the difference between a fine and a suspension?
Apparently the jokediciary dont allow any other past cases as a precident lol

How much was mcguire fined? A couple hundred?

strider

Post Whore
I cant believe Sims got done ... his hit wasnt late, contact was his chest on shoulder

Amazed!!!

But happy with the side effect of Klemmer in for the blues

84 Baby

Referee
Apparently the jokediciary dont allow any other past cases as a precident lol
TBH given some of their precedents this is probably a good thing.

Although most players probably wouldn’t be able to play the I’m Billy Slater defence

Latest posts