What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s beginning to look like a three horse race for the premiership

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
The Sharks are definitely flying under the radar right now. They're a scary prospect when they get everyone back. Missing arguably their 3 best players in Johnson, Moylan and Graham.

Moylan goes alright but the other two are bog standard.

wibble

Bench
The Sharks are definitely flying under the radar right now. They're a scary prospect when they get everyone back. Missing arguably their 3 best players in Johnson, Moylan and Graham.

Fifita is in our top 3, but these guys are certainly big name players for the team. But even accounting for them missing we have been very up and down. Hopefully we will be one of those teams that gels at the end and makes a run. I think we can.

Interestingly, despite only having lost 2 games, Storm are already being dismissed as one of the dominant 3 teams since the thread was started. They really had a bit of luck this month and could easily be at 4 wins and 4 losses. It shows that calling premierships early is a tough thing to do.

This time last year Roosters weren't in the conversation and Dragons were the team to beat (they flogged the Roosters on ANZAC day).

Billythekid

First Grade
Too soon to put a line through the bunnies?

Yes. It’s funny after reading the same dribble that gets posted on here every single year about how it’s the least competitive in history I feel like there are more teams with a chance of winning this year than there has been in about 10 years.

wibble

Bench
Yes. It’s funny after reading the same dribble that gets posted on here every single year about how it’s the least competitive in history I feel like there are more teams with a chance of winning this year than there has been in about 10 years.

It might have looked like a three horse race for the May premiership, but definitely seems open now. Storm look like romping home in the minor premiership, but that doesn't give them a particularly big boost in the finals compared to the other top 4 teams, and they don't look so unbeatable this year.

If ever a year looks like a 5th to 8th team could win, this is it. The difference between 1st and 8th seems small at the moment.

The only thing I'm pretty confident on is there won't be any horses winning it this year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
South’s have only had 2 wins against top 8 sides :flushed:

They’ve benefited from a very lopsided draw so far

If they Both get to the finals fully fit I find it difficult to see anything other then a repeat of last years GF. I honestly think the team most likely to upset that is Manly

Lambretta

First Grade
Cronulla are on the rise
The Storm are strong
If the Roosters get their best team on the park they will improve
Manly are as good as anyone with their team at full strength
The Raiders have talent in their team and are a danger to anyone

This season is wide open

DC_fan

Coach
The grand final will be won by one of three teams. The Storm, Roosters or Rabbitohs. Once we get passes the origin period things will settle and these teams will again dominate

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
The Raiders shouldn't be dismissed so quickly they have the second best defense in the competition at this point in time. They also have the 4th best attack despite not really hitting their straps in attack yet.

They can beat any team on their day unfortunately they don't have the same level of big game experience like the big sides. However, players like Bateman who has won the premiership in the uk has brought a winning attitude and much needed grit to the team.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The grand final will be won by one of three teams. The Storm, Roosters or Rabbitohs. Once we get passes the origin period things will settle and these teams will again dominate
Pretty interesting having 3 teams on the field at the same time.

This isn't Topball you know.

Card Shark

Immortal

Ok, so you started the thread 3 months premature!

Latest posts