What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Those photos were part of what stopped boatloads of people from drowning.

If Trump can learn from Morrison, then perhaps he can move towards people not drowning in the Rio Grande.

Well done putting 2 and 2 together, there, Gronk.

Gronk

Staff member
Those photos were part of what stopped boatloads of people from drowning.

If Trump can learn from Morrison, then perhaps he can move towards people not drowning in the Rio Grande.

Well done putting 2 and 2 together, there, Gronk.
I am not against stopping or turning back the boats. Best not to prejudge.

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting in the context of free speech. This cartoon was released on twitter only.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Businesses like ARU (i.e. Qantas) and this newspaper need to protect their reputations with their customers. That cartoon was definitely in poor taste, exploiting tragedy to score political points.

There's no legit scapegoats when migrants die attempting to circumvent the correct procedure. It's dangerous because people don't want them to come, but they still attempt it because others do want them to come.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Made the mistake of reading the knob headed comments on Twitter. Eat a bag of dicks you bunch of f**kwits.

Gronk

Staff member
National Treasure and part time attention seeker decides to come out now to say that the franking credits thing is a rort. This also discloses that whilst he is as rich as f**k ($500k dividends on shares must mean that he has a share portfolio of circa $50m), he pays no tax.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Best thing he ever did

Dick Smith: Travel booking ‘con’ sucking millions from local businesses
07/09/2018
RAY HADLEY

DICK SMITH
dick-smith-NEW.jpg

Entrepreneur Dick Smith has taken to social media and launched a sensational attack on American multinational companies.

He says are they’re “leeching” millions from family-owned businesses on our shores.

In a video posted to Facebook, the businessman is urging Aussies to boycott online accommodation websites such as Booking.com, Trivago and Wotif.

He says when Aussies book using the sites, “up to 30 per cent is sent to two huge American multinationals” controlled by wealthy US businessmen.

“It’s a giant con, it’s sucking like leeches hundreds of millions of dollars out of Australian family businesses and sending it to these two sites,” Dick tells Ray Hadley.

Dick tells Ray motels across regional Australia can’t afford not to use the sites because so many people access them.

“I said to the motels, ‘Why would you bother to sign up?’

“And they said, ‘Dick most Australians think it’s cheaper to go through one of these sites and so now 50 per cent do’.

“‘So that means if we don’t sign up to one of these sites, we’ll lose 50 per cent of our business and we’ll go broke’.”

Dick claims the accommodation booking sites also aren’t telling the whole truth on their platforms.

“The other thing you’ll get… is you go on to one of these sites and it says ‘last room’ at $140 and you think, ‘I’ve got to get on to that’.

“But I’ve rung the motels and there’s three or four rooms available!”

Dick is urging members of the public to avoid the major accommodation booking companies and go straight to websites of local businesses.

Click PLAY below for the full interview

https://www.4bc.com.au/dick-smith-travel-booking-con-is-sucking-millions-from-local-business/

strider

Post Whore
I was brought up to hate Dick Smith ... Cos my mum bought a clock radio from dick smith electronics that broke and got constantly f**ked around by their staff ... LOL - hence dick smith was evil in our household

Gronk

Staff member
I was brought up to hate Dick Smith ... Cos my mum bought a clock radio from dick smith electronics that broke and got constantly f**ked around by their staff ... LOL - hence dick smith was evil in our household

Haha my Dad had a similar vendetta against Philips bc of a clock radio.

He'd go the full Ted Bullpit on anyone who mentioned "that brand" in the house, even 10/20/30 years later.

13842798.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Dick Smith got rich buying cheap shit from China and re selling then banged on about buying Aussie made vegemite with his face smeared on it.