What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
NSW Pioneers is a team made up of Ron Massey and Newcastle Rangers players. They play QLD on 30 June. We got a few.

NSWRL Pioneers team

1 Sam Kennan (Rebels)

2 Maliko Filino (RMC)

3 Jordan Renfrey (RMC)

4 Blake Andrews (Rebels)

5 Mao Uta (Rebels)

6 Chad O’Donnell (Rebels)

7 Ryan Walsh (Rebels)

8 Antonio Pelesasa (RMC)

9 Alex Langbridge (Rebels)

10 Tama Koopu (Rebels)

11 Pat Hollis (RMC)

12 Pat Mata’utia (Rebels)

13 Mitch Cullen (Rebels)

14 Nick Kassis (RMC)

15 Jack Morris (RMC)

16 Piki Rogers (RMC)

17 Jarom Haines (Rebels)

18 Luke Higgins (Rebels)

Coach: Matt Lantry

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/06/26/nswrl-pioneers-team-named-to-face-queensland-rangers/

Gronk

Staff member
Probably would have been another Finucane at Melbourne
FMD any chance to sledge BA, your ears prick up. Nothing to do with the player's level of commitment or perhaps the rest of his cohort caught up and passed him in physicality and in ability. Gotta be the coach. Nothing surer.

hindy111

Post Whore
FMD any chance to sledge BA, your ears prick up. Nothing to do with the player's level of commitment or perhaps the rest of his cohort caught up and passed him in physicality and in ability. Gotta be the coach. Nothing surer.

Like many jnrs they are over rated by their fans.
Heck look at Brisbanes pack. The best kids ever and all worth over 500k.
Penis Hands and Gower gave them a smack.

I remember him being touted as the next big thing. Along with Tanginoa and N.Davis.
I don't think he was ever the 'next big thing'....just one of the players from his particularly crop whose style might have suggested that he had a chance of making the top grade. Very few do.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think he was ever the 'next big thing'....just one of the players from his particularly crop whose style might have suggested that he had a chance of making the top grade. Very few do.

I just cleary remember Ram saying none of these guys will make it.
Along with Tepai. I agreed with all bar Tepai who I assumed would be a star.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep. Merkins don't realise how rare a genuine first grader is out of a crop of juniors. If a bloke is talked up as a potential first grader it doesn't mean anyone thinks he'll play Origin.

Noise

Coach
Yep. Merkins don't realise how rare a genuine first grader is out of a crop of juniors. If a bloke is talked up as a potential first grader it doesn't mean anyone thinks he'll play Origin.

A few merkins were talking up Tepai and his origin chances. The guy has always been very average. Hindy111 has made several posts in the past about him playing origin. Stagger did too. So did this guy:
Davis turns 19 this year and is only in his first year of NYC. Elite backs are usually in NYC the year they turn 18 and play first grade while still eligible for under 20s.

He looks like he'll probably become a first grader but I doubt he'll ever be elite.

Moeroa looks a good chance to play Origin though.

Happy MEel

First Grade
A few merkins were talking up Tepai and his origin chances. The guy has always been very average. Hindy111 has made several posts in the past about him playing origin. Stagger did too. So did this guy:
Pipe down merkin...He’s an outside chance to play the Reggie’s Origin if he stays with the club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He did at the time, and still might. You're going to write off a 23 year old with 100 NRL games under his belt?

Or is this like 2018 where all our out-of-form players were suddenly not good enough for first grade?

Noise

Coach
He did at the time, and still might. You're going to write off a 23 year old with 100 NRL games under his belt?

Or is this like 2018 where all our out-of-form players were suddenly not good enough for first grade?

I was responding to your statement that no one was saying he might play origin. You said he’s a good chance to.
But since you asked, Yes I am writing him off. The merkin has never improved. Can’t run a good line. Makes poor first contact and gets lost in the ruck. Is currently a reserve grader and is a good chance of leaving the game. Will never play origin. Probably won’t even play too much more first grade.
Actually I wrote him off a long time ago. I have always criticized his hit and stick , inability to get to marker and his ability to run good lines.