What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
you obviously aren’t aware of how supercoach awards points. 1 try will usually get you 30 points.
If you score a try where you crash over the line (like forwards often do) even when it’s not a clean line break they reward it as such and you usually get about 30 points: try 18, line break 10, hitup 2. Most tries get this. A tackle bust thrown in there will get you 32.
If you score a try from a kick (usually least amount of points)you only get 18 or 20 depending how you regathered and scored.
As I have been saying all along (which you don’t seem to get) it is def not ‘flattering’ or ‘loves’ tackles. It is completely flattering to and loves attack.
ffs strider! ... i knew this supercoach shit was crap

Ok it aint flattering for defenders .... tho i stand by the fact Teps gonna rack up more points playing in the middle all the times

TheRam

Coach
All true but for the SuperCoach point where you've misquoted me. SuperCoach is a good indicator of relative form, and Moeroa's form was a lot better than when he played longer minutes and spent time out wide.

Three line breaks per season is infinitely more than zero.

Look mate, the fact is he is a shit NRL player and always has been considering the potential and hype.

Period.

T.S Quint

Coach
What kind of non-American douche says “period” to finish their point?

We say full stop. Not period. You’ve been watching too many movies.
Idiots.

Glenneel

Bench
Tepai is only outside the 17 because Gower is in terrific form. Your assertion that he has been offered a reduced salary is made up in an attempt to strengthen your argument. He is still only 23 and has played 101 FG games FFS. You can't manufacture that experience and there would few on the market who could equal it.

It IS possible that the Eels are taking a cautious approach with his head injuries and the length of his next contract could be impacted with this approach.

If he can continue to play at a high level and not be hampered by concussion, then he would continue to be a great addition to our squad IMHO.
You have info then that he is offered the same or more? From what I have read I think he is on around $500k as he wanted as much as the St Geo forward that went to Penruff and now in SL (can't remember his name) and he wanted $700k.

Glenneel

Bench
It’s certainly possible. Tep is a good fill in for injuries and that’s about it. You want most of your backups less than $200k but I concede he has experience and could do a job short term in the middle or edge. Perhaps $250k at an absolute stretch but he offers less than a 35 year old in Gower who would be on less than that.
I like the way the R & R Committee have developed this hard edge in negotiations with players. Only willing to pay what they are worth. For too long now we have been screwed by players and their managers. As such our roster was full of overpaid nuffies and our performance on the field reflected that. Our offer to Gutho reflected this new mindset and we didn't buckle with the amount or length of time even tho his manager tried all the dirty tricks. Tells all managers now that we'll not be screwed by them. Now for a good cleanout to rid ourselves of these nuffies to be replaced by juniors and decent players remunerated accordingly to their skillset.

Hopefully now we can assemble a good roster under the cap that'll be competitive and finally give their supporters hope for another premiership, especially before I die.

Glenneel

Bench
This isn’t the only year he hasn’t made a line break. The most he has made in a single year is 3!!!!

That’s horrendous
For someone his size and the speed he runs at he should be making at least 1 linebreak each match. Trouble is he runs at players not at the holes between players and has always done this. Smart players run at the holes.

lingard

Coach
I like the way the R & R Committee have developed this hard edge in negotiations with players. Only willing to pay what they are worth. For too long now we have been screwed by players and their managers. As such our roster was full of overpaid nuffies and our performance on the field reflected that. Our offer to Gutho reflected this new mindset and we didn't buckle with the amount or length of time even tho his manager tried all the dirty tricks. Tells all managers now that we'll not be screwed by them. Now for a good cleanout to rid ourselves of these nuffies to be replaced by juniors and decent players remunerated accordingly to their skillset.

Hopefully now we can assemble a good roster under the cap that'll be competitive and finally give their supporters hope for another premiership, especially before I die.

How long you got to go, d'you reckon? (Could be important.)

Stevie

Bench
I’m dead set no expert but one thing I notice with Tep when I watch him at the actual stadium is that he does a lot of the first contact hard hit stuff.
I’d love to hear opposition players opinions but for a spectator point of view when he hits someone they seem to stay hit.
He is no superstar in attack but he is a very reliable defender and for the right price I hope he does stay.