What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Raiders - Post Game Chat

natheel

Coach
Raiders melted in the heat and humidity after 30 mins.

Great job to hang in there by our guys!
It was clear their strategy was to blow us off the park early as the fatigue from the heat would make it a real shit fight later in the game if they hadn’t got a big lead. 16 isn’t enough in today’s game.

We actually looked slick in our plays while Canberra were on top apart from being able to ice them off. Our defence on the line needs to improve but I liked that we got into the fight and didn’t roll over.

Dylan brown is a great little player. Some of his plays were sloppy and a couple of errors but his defence is excellent for the most part (got rolled once) but what he brings to that left edge is a level of calmness and direction. No coincidence Lane had one of his good games last night. Ran hard and for over 100m.

Can’t wait for Waqa Blake to come into our backline.

hindy111

Post Whore
Every team still has to play one of their home games in a town where the is no NRL team. So, it's not as if we can just play at Bankwest.

I feel like the game you take away should be arranged so that side also takes their home game against you away.
Otherwise id take the Warriors game away.
However our record in Darwin is excellent.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I feel like the game you take away should be arranged so that side also takes their home game against you away.
Otherwise id take the Warriors game away.
However our record in Darwin is excellent.
Darwin should have to take their game away at some point.

Wighton? Seriously? We had a team full of Wightons in the first half.

Even in that first half we were holding our own, despite that and despite the scoreline. We were making metres, but we were just backing that up with stupid errors and handing the ball over once we got in their half.

BA said it at half time - patience was all we needed. We had actually found that just before halftime and our efforts started translating into points.

Make no mistake, we are a decent team. Not great, but we can believe in a win against anyone except the Roosters and Storm, I think, and even those aren't out of reach if we're on the ball for the full 80.

hindy111

Post Whore

Even in that first half we were holding our own, despite that and despite the scoreline. We were making metres, but we were just backing that up with stupid errors and handing the ball over once we got in their half.

BA said it at half time - patience was all we needed. We had actually found that just before halftime and our efforts started translating into points.

Make no mistake, we are a decent team. Not great, but we can believe in a win against anyone except the Roosters and Storm, I think, and even those aren't out of reach if we're on the ball for the full 80.

Let's hope they get some injuries a d MJ and Blake fire.
Very open competition a d no stand out side....I still like Sharks if fit. Still plenty of footy to be played and we are yet to have a full strength side.

Soto

Bench

Going for the miracle plays when there is more than 40 minutes to go is just downright stupid. The more composed Moses and Brown remain the better this team will become.
When Maloney hangs up the boots i would be getting him in as a halves coach asap. Need them to believe they can win without all the unforced errors.
It was great to see them come back from 16 down. Need to also have a plan B and C for field goals when trying to ice the game. Admittedly the roiders were offside for both attempts but a switch to another player needs to be there to slot the field goal over.
You would hope that Dylan Brown and Guth are capable at also slotting them over as its blatantly obvious its always heading to Moses.
Maybe even Mahoney dummies and runs instead...

Gronk

Staff member
Going for the miracle plays when there is more than 40 minutes to go is just downright stupid. The more composed Moses and Brown remain the better this team will become.
When Maloney hangs up the boots i would be getting him in as a halves coach asap. Need them to believe they can win without all the unforced errors.
It was great to see them come back from 16 down. Need to also have a plan B and C for field goals when trying to ice the game. Admittedly the roiders were offside for both attempts but a switch to another player needs to be there to slot the field goal over.
You would hope that Dylan Brown and Guth are capable at also slotting them over as its blatantly obvious its always heading to Moses.
Maybe even Mahoney dummies and runs instead...
Gutho takes the line dropouts, so he knows how to hit em.

Soto

Bench
Gutho takes the line dropouts, so he knows how to hit em.
Taking line dropouts doesn't mean he can slot them between the posts. I think he actually shanked 1 or 2 line dropouts.
In any case im ecstatic we won and showed ticker to beat pricky and the roiders. Most certainly the conditions helped us more than them