What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Some stupid prick decided we should have a separate post game thread.

It really is a shockingly shit idea.

I tell you why it isn't.

If your not reading and posting during the game then you do not have any idea where it starts before the games finished. So you do not have to read live game posts. Helps people who do not post during a game. And do not want to search through pages of bitching or yahhoos.

I mean how hard is it? You click the back arrow and then one more click. 2 clicks. Less then a second of effort.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't agree it's on the staff. Well, not the FG staff

Tepai has been the biggest, baddest mother in his age group since always. He ran over blokes at will. Stuff like that becomes habit, he never had to run a line. Someone in the lower grades should have corrected that IMO.

That said he was fantastic off the bench tonight.

He also had an offload that has gone away. I bought up that in Wenty he seemed to do limited tackles and a lot of running. Perhaps coaching staff asked him to work on that. By memory he made 16 tackles in 80 mins one game but ran for 150 off mtrs.

84 Baby

Referee
I tell you why it isn't.

If your not reading and posting during the game then you do not have any idea where it starts before the games finished. So you do not have to read live game posts. Helps people who do not post during a game. And do not want to search through pages of bitching or yahhoos.

I mean how hard is it? You click the back arrow and then one more click. 2 clicks. Less then a second of effort.
I think @emjaycee showed why the game thread should stay open. People can’t quote discussion points so there’s no reference point for the post game “this is why we are good/shit”.
Next game why don’t we start a post game thread, but also leave the game thread and see which works better

T.S Quint

Coach
I think @emjaycee showed why the game thread should stay open. People can’t quote discussion points so there’s no reference point for the post game “this is why we are good/shit”.
Next game why don’t we start a post game thread, but also leave the game thread and see which works better

Yeah, this.
I don’t see the need for an extra thread but if it must exist then can we not lock the game thread please?

Soto

Bench
Peni Terepo will miss 3 matches with an early guilty plea. 4 if he fights it
Source - Maquarie Sports.
Don't get me wrong the tackle was bad however it was not closed fist and you can see he is coming across to wrap him up. His head unfortunately drops a little so the impact is far worse than if he was upright. I think 3-4 weeks is a very harsh penalty. 1 or 2 games for being careless.
End of section.

Soto

Bench
Replace a prop with a backrower?
Well hopefully u have noticed and been watching recent games when Nuikore has been playing off the bench he has been playing as a middle fwd. In any case we have Gower and Moeroa playing middle so will be good to have a player who is and can play edge and middle.

chiefy1

Juniors
Don't get me wrong the tackle was bad however it was not closed fist and you can see he is coming across to wrap him up. His head unfortunately drops a little so the impact is far worse than if he was upright. I think 3-4 weeks is a very harsh penalty. 1 or 2 games for being careless.
End of section.

I agree 2 games would have been fair. It depends on his prior loading also

Gronk

Staff member
Well hopefully u have noticed and been watching recent games when Nuikore has been playing off the bench he has been playing as a middle fwd. In any case we have Gower and Moeroa playing middle so will be good to have a player who is and can play edge and middle.
He has been playing in the middle as has Gower. But I don’t see Marata in the role of prop. You want him running from the back fence like Peni ? No you need a mad merkin prop for that.

Soto

Bench
He has been playing in the middle as has Gower. But I don’t see Marata in the role of prop. You want him running from the back fence like Peni ? No you need a mad merkin prop for that.
Not necessarily if he can make 10m a hitup, poke his head through the line and get a quick play the ball.
In saying all that i would not be dissapointed if Timmy, Oregan, Marata or Stefano played. Not sure why Marata was out yday but if he's fit then he should probably come back in against the tuggers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not necessarily if he can make 10m a hitup, poke his head through the line and get a quick play the ball.
In saying all that i would not be dissapointed if Timmy, Oregan, Marata or Stefano played. Not sure why Marata was out yday but if he's fit then he should probably come back in against the tuggers
He's starting in the second roe for Wenty right now, so like Moeroa is probably getting some match fitness and/or confidence.

Also, Alvaro just scored. Bring him straight into the NRL starting lineup.