What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
All the best Stoney!

I wonder who will come into the top 30 now

Looks like we are taking the right steps recruitment wise. The club isn't making the same mistakes it made with Brian Smith (big public clear outs and disregarding the fans). It's slowly cutting away the dead wood and filling up the 30 with players who will add value to team immediately and in the future. Loving it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Jaydn Su’a, does he play front row or second row?
Edge backrow but can also play abit of centre.
Su'a would be a great signing in a position we don't have a lot depth in also might help us retain Ponga as they went to school together and played school rugby together so I'd imagine they'd be good mates

Yosh

Coach
The Storm signed Cooper Johns. He any good? Would have been nice to sign him for sentiment sakes.

aqua_duck

Coach
The Storm signed Cooper Johns. He any good? Would have been nice to sign him for sentiment sakes.
He's been on their books for a few years now on a junior deal or scholarship arrangement, pretty sure they've just upgraded him.

Bartwah

Juniors
I don’t think they ever announce signings on weekends, so if there’s any last minute signings before June 30, today is the day

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Noop, that kid should stay away from the Knights for ever and ever....

Knights fans deify and put pressure on young guys like no other club. Imagine if another Johns tried to come through.

Nah, i hope he maybe comes to the club when he is like 30. THat is a good age for nostalgia signings.

Frederick

Staff member
Fermor and Crossland have been added to the 30 man squad

Full 2019 squad and development players list
Author
Newcastle Knights
Timestamp
Sun 30 Jun 2019, 10:47 AM
Share on social media
The nib Newcastle Knights' 2019 roster is complete.

Under NRL guidelines, clubs needed to finalise their Top 30 NRL squad by June 30.

Clubs can also sign as many as six players as part of the club's Development squad.

Beau Fermor and Phoenix Crossland started the year in the development list but have been promoted into the Top 30.

Crossland has come through the Club's Elite Academy and is a junior NSW representative halfback.

crosslandp-1gp_1035.jpg

Fermor is a Queensland under 20s State of Origin representative backrower.

In addition to the upgrades, three players have been awarded development contracts.

They are all graduates of the Knights' Elite Academy.

ccnsw090319-pb413.jpg

Tex Hoy, Jirah Momoisea and Chris Randall join Starford To'a and Brayden Musgrove on development deals.

Hoy is a versatile back or half, Momoisea is a front rower and Randall is a hooker-half.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/06/30/full-2019-squad-and-development-players-list/