What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to Brent Naden?

Panther Stu

Juniors
Was talking to a fellow Panther fan today and his name came up. Haven't been able to find out what happened to him.

Does anyone know where he is playing these days? I assume Panthers didn't sign him after u20's as his profile isn't on the website

Kilkenny

Coach
Apparently he behaved less than professionally when asked to leave an area of the new academy set aside for first grade squad/players. Doesn't sound much in itself so I assume he may have been subject to other disciplinary warnings and perhaps this incident was the last straw.

GongPanther

Referee
Apparently he behaved less than professionally when asked to leave an area of the new academy set aside for first grade squad/players. Doesn't sound much in itself so I assume he may have been subject to other disciplinary warnings and perhaps this incident was the last straw.

Wonder if he had feelers from another club,but couldn't get out of his current deal unless he was given the shaft.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wonder if he had feelers from another club,but couldn't get out of his current deal unless he was given the shaft.

I can't answer that, but he would have only been on a modest second tier cap deal.

He is playing for Mounties who have an arrangement with the Canberra Raiders so whether he is being paid by the Raiders or by Mounties I am not sure.

Another example of another high quality kid in the juniors, hundreds of them, but only a very small percentage are good enough, or lucky enough, to get a break which sees them play in the NRL.

OldPanther

Coach
What happened to him?

giphy.gif

Kilkenny

Coach
His original indiscretion was as I understand it (see above) was relatively minor in the scheme of things and he left the club. When he was without a club after his deal with the Knights ran out Gus happily took him back and again I think it demonstrates the measure of the man that Naden was without a club and perhaps unlikely to get one and Gus took him back with open arms and no ill will. He made have had his faults but I think Gus will be sorely missed and we may not find out how much for a few years.

Vicpanther

Juniors
His original indiscretion was as I understand it (see above) was relatively minor in the scheme of things and he left the club. When he was without a club after his deal with the Knights ran out Gus happily took him back and again I think it demonstrates the measure of the man that Naden was without a club and perhaps unlikely to get one and Gus took him back with open arms and no ill will. He made have had his faults but I think Gus will be sorely missed and we may not find out how much for a few years.
Sadly people only seem to see his faults and not the good he did.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our rookies tend to love playing Warriors. Seem to have a lot of breakout games against them.

Naden this year. Luai last year. 2017 we had Cleary bag a hat trick while his halves partner Tyrone May was on debut... also bagging a try.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sadly people only seem to see his faults and not the good he did.

It doesn’t get a big mention but Gus establishing academy’s and development pathways in the Central West has served us very well. I fear now he has gone this may be an area that may be neglected and not built upon. Gus was all about the big picture in term’s of junior development and now the power base is predominately in the hands of the head coach these pathways are going to fall by the wayside.

Latest posts