What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2019

gUt

Coach
I just don't get why we shift Munster, who has been our most dangerous individual player this series.

typicalfan

Coach
I think its it's because Norman isn't a good fullback but Munster is good at both. Big risk playing Munster in a position he hasn't trained in for ages.

big hit!

Bench
the changes make sense. munster is a dynamic ball runner, just the bloke you want getting his hands on the pill after every kick, as well as chiming into the line inside chambers and morgan. will do some damage.

the problem QLD still have is at acting half. they needed to bite the bullet and bring in a recognised #9 (i.e., Granville). Hunt's service was awful in Game 1 but they still won so this ridiculous mentality in rugby league of not changing a winning team seems to hold sway. furthermore, I just dont see how he can be effective with all the defence he has to get through in the middle. Granville starting and Hunt on the bench as a pinch hitter would be so much more effective. Can leave Mbye out of the squad completely then. Don't really see what he brings.

Big Pete

Referee
Queensland Maroons Game III Side
1. Cameron Munster (Melbourne Storm)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
4. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
5. Dane Gagai (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
6. Corey Norman (St George Illawarra Dragons)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)
8. Joe Ofahengaue (Brisbane Broncos)
9. Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
10. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
11. Felise Kaufusi (Melbourne Storm)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (North Queensland Cowboys)

14. Moses Mbye (Wests Tigers)
15. Christian Welch (Melbourne Storm)
16. Tim Glasby (Newcastle Knights)
17. David Fifita (Brisbane Broncos)

18. Ethan Lowe (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Legion

Juniors
Chin up lads, NSW’s have thrown us a bone and picked Pearce again

Lol. Lots of Blues fans aren't happy. I'm not sure what to think.
Considering his form, logic would say that he should have a blinder. But ......

At least he can tackle.

MightyMoo

Juniors
the changes make sense. munster is a dynamic ball runner, just the bloke you want getting his hands on the pill after every kick, as well as chiming into the line inside chambers and morgan. will do some damage.

the problem QLD still have is at acting half. they needed to bite the bullet and bring in a recognised #9 (i.e., Granville). Hunt's service was awful in Game 1 but they still won so this ridiculous mentality in rugby league of not changing a winning team seems to hold sway. furthermore, I just dont see how he can be effective with all the defence he has to get through in the middle. Granville starting and Hunt on the bench as a pinch hitter would be so much more effective. Can leave Mbye out of the squad completely then. Don't really see what he brings.
No, just no. He's only just starting to find a little form again. His service is still quite poor. No 2 passes are the same.

gUt

Coach
Hate to say it but that side reads like a slight above average first grade team

lockyno1

Post Whore
That team looks better without Napa and Wallace

It couldn't look worse! Exactly how drunk were they when they picked Wallace last time? Napa I'll give them a pass, hasn't worked though. He's not a starting prop though to be fair.

MightyMoo

Juniors
It couldn't look worse! Exactly how drunk were they when they picked Wallace last time? Napa I'll give them a pass, hasn't worked though. He's not a starting prop though to be fair.

Once Arrow got injured, along with Joe O. Knew we were cactus for game 2.

Big Pete

Referee
Exactly how drunk were they when they picked Wallace last time?

He was the form option and the Maroons were down on troops. He deserved a shot at redemption and didn't take it. Hardly the most shocking decision and I fail to see how Christian Welch would have improved the Maroons.

In fact, I still don't like that balance off the bench. Would prefer to keep Napa over Glasby for that 20 minute 'just run hard and tackle hard' spot.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He was the form option and the Maroons were down on troops. He deserved a shot at redemption and didn't take it. Hardly the most shocking decision and I fail to see how Christian Welch would have improved the Maroons.

In fact, I still don't like that balance off the bench. Would prefer to keep Napa over Glasby for that 20 minute 'just run hard and tackle hard' spot.

Form option please tell me you are having a laugh..Welch is a hell of a lot better player. Heck if he wasn’t deemed match fit, Korbin Sims is available

Big Pete

Referee
Form option please tell me you are having a laugh..Welch is a hell of a lot better player. Heck if he wasn’t deemed match fit, Korbin Sims is available

6 Weeks Prior to Origin II
Jarrod Wallace - 6 Games, 54.8 Mins Avg, 19.8 Avg Runs, 193.8m Avg, 12 TB, 9 Offloads, 25.3 Tackles Avg, 1.6 Missed Tackles Avg, 6 Errors, 3 Penalties

Christian Welch - 4 Games, 37.25 Mins Avg, 13.25 Runs Avg, 115.25m Avg, 5 TB, 7 Offloads, 19.5 Tackles Avg, 1.5 Missed Tackles Avg, 1 Ineffective Tackle Avg, 1 Error, 2 Penalties

Korbin Sims - 3 Games, 41 Mins Avg, 9.3 Runs Avg, 80.3m Avg, 1 Offload, 23 Tackles Avg, 2.3 Missed Tackles Avg, 2 Ineffective Tackles Avg, 2 Errors, 1 Penalty

I'm not a huge fan of Wallace, but he was producing more than any other Queensland forward at that time.

isaiah

Bench
If mbye breaks down with another mystery reaction that needs an epi-pen, can we drag the 399 game man into camp, even if kicking and screaming?