What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lebanon players to protest against governing body against Fiji

adamkungl

Immortal
One of the governing body’s either RLIF or RLEF we’re going to get involved and see what was going on there was a statement, I don’t think they have reported any finding yet.
If LRLF is the shit show as is claimed then them saying anything isn’t worth much.
What were the sports ministry looking at? Just that it was a free vote or did they check to see if these people voting should have even had a vote in the first place?
There’s a lot of questions to be answered and there’s big questions over what both sides are saying.
Some people are casting doubt on Farah just because it’s Farah and they already dislike the guy.

He does have form but it's not exactly it.
I'm casting doubt because I have found the LRLFs public statements to be fairly open,
while the playing groups public statements to me lack any substance or supporting evidence.

Ultimately it is on the accuser to provide evidence of their claims. The only established fact is that the domestic club competition has currently been halted, which the governing body has openly stated.
It is unclear who the boycotters are actually representing (all of the Lebanese players? Some? A disgruntled handful?).
It is unclear whether they have made any attempt to open a reasonable dialogue in good faith before publicly protesting.
It is unclear why they have demanded 2 successive boards to resign rather than trying to work to any other kind of compromise.
It is unclear why Brad Fittler, representing as coach in 2017, is quoted as saying the NRL players are unhappy with the pay they received for the tournament, if the boycott is indeed about the domestic competition.

Pommy

Coach
He does have form but it's not exactly it.
I'm casting doubt because I have found the LRLFs public statements to be fairly open,
while the playing groups public statements to me lack any substance or supporting evidence.

Ultimately it is on the accuser to provide evidence of their claims. The only established fact is that the domestic club competition has currently been halted, which the governing body has openly stated.
It is unclear who the boycotters are actually representing (all of the Lebanese players? Some? A disgruntled handful?).
It is unclear whether they have made any attempt to open a reasonable dialogue in good faith before publicly protesting.
It is unclear why they have demanded 2 successive boards to resign rather than trying to work to any other kind of compromise.
It is unclear why Brad Fittler, representing as coach in 2017, is quoted as saying the NRL players are unhappy with the pay they received for the tournament, if the boycott is indeed about the domestic competition.

At the moment you have to ask how are Lebanon going compete in the 9s World Cup this year?
They’ve just sacked their heritage players and they haven’t run a senior comp for years. This isn’t the behaviour of a board that’s acting in the best interests of the game.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
July 1st, 2019

Further to media enquires the RLIF has issued the following statement:

The Rugby League International Federation (RLIF) has been approached by its member, the Lebanese Rugby League Federation (LRLF) to suggest independent and suitably qualified people who could participate in their disciplinary panel. This is to strengthen further the independence and rigour of the process.

The RLIF has agreed to supply a list of three potential independent panellists from outside of rugby league from which the LRLF can make their choice.

ENDS

http://www.rlif.com/article/8663/ru...e-rugby-league-federation-misconduct-charges-

That is unusually professional for rugby league lol

RedVee

First Grade
Tele saying that they are in danger of being axed from the world 9s & that Josh Mansour considering stepping aside from his ambassador role

italoromano68

Juniors
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...g-body-in-fiji-test/pu0465qfy8pi1gqi8rhmjnjxc

High-profile Lebanon players will lead a protest against the Lebanese Rugby League Federation (LRLF) in Saturday's Test match against Fiji, according to reports.

Robbie Farah, Josh Mansour and Mitchell Moses will be among several high-profile NRL stars to run out for the Cedars against the Bati at Leichhardt Oval.

But as first reported by News Limited, they will tape over the governing body's logo on their jerseys as part of a protest against the current LRLF board.

The controversial move is also a gesture of solidarity with the Cedars' domestic players, amid allegations the incumbent five-person LRLF board was not democratically elected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought this had all sorted? What a mess to be honest. This is their first match since the RLWC 2017; when will they even play again?

Also:

I still try to realise what is going on? Is it just money issue or it has to do also with the administration?

langpark

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/14/mansour-adamant-cedars-will-boycott-nines-if-pushed/

Mansour "We've got players in Lebanon paying for full registration and getting old gear in return, just little things like that."

Wow.. huge if true. Damning allegation. The board must step down and put Robbie in charge.
Definitely worth tanking a game and potentially a World Cup for

:eek:
You seem to be in serious denial that there is a real problem in Lebanon. This stuff going on in Lebanon is not pleasant for any of us to read, but closing our eyes to it or pretending there is not a problem isn't going to help anyone. And all the sarcastic comments you want to make from your armchair in Sydney certainly won't help in any way either.

adamkungl

Immortal
You seem to be in serious denial that there is a real problem in Lebanon. This stuff going on in Lebanon is not pleasant for any of us to read, but closing our eyes to it or pretending there is not a problem isn't going to help anyone. And all the sarcastic comments you want to make from your armchair in Sydney certainly won't help in any way either.

Sorry I'm not finding anything of substance in any of the NRL players statements. IMO this is little more than an opportunistic takeover attempt.

I don't doubt the LRLF has some issues, it's an amateur Rugby League organisation in a country where the sport is in its infancy. It's par for the course. But where's the evidence of actual misconduct people seem to be accepting as a sure thing?

Burns

First Grade
If the Australian Lebanon players can show ‘something’ of substance, then yeah sure.

Til then, Lol @ Farah.

langpark

First Grade
Sorry I'm not finding anything of substance in any of the NRL players statements. IMO this is little more than an opportunistic takeover attempt.

I don't doubt the LRLF has some issues, it's an amateur Rugby League organisation in a country where the sport is in its infancy. It's par for the course. But where's the evidence of actual misconduct people seem to be accepting as a sure thing?
Sorry for being abrupt mate. I would agree with you, if I hadn't seen so many things on social media from local Lebanese teams and players complaining about this sort of behaviour from their federation, for close to the last 2 years now. It seemed to get brushed under the carpet for a very long time, and has now come to the surface now that some high profile NRL players got involved. I do not believe it's an Aussie-led takeover attempt, I believe they got involved after the local Lebanese sought their help (and probably delayed doing this for a very long time). These NRL guys do not have anything really to gain by doing this. I think keeping quiet and continuing to play the Lebanon matches and in the next WC would have been the easiest thing. But they seem to have risked that all to help fix the situation in Lebanon.

Again, I don't know the facts 100%, but this is what I believe to be true.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sorry for being abrupt mate. I would agree with you, if I hadn't seen so many things on social media from local Lebanese teams and players complaining about this sort of behaviour from their federation, for close to the last 2 years now. It seemed to get brushed under the carpet for a very long time, and has now come to the surface now that some high profile NRL players got involved. I do not believe it's an Aussie-led takeover attempt, I believe they got involved after the local Lebanese sought their help (and probably delayed doing this for a very long time). These NRL guys do not have anything really to gain by doing this. I think keeping quiet and continuing to play the Lebanon matches and in the next WC would have been the easiest thing. But they seem to have risked that all to help fix the situation in Lebanon.

Again, I don't know the facts 100%, but this is what I believe to be true.

No worries. It's ok to disgaree - there's a severe lack of real information and journalism on this issue and I'm happy to have my mind changed.