What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

I’ve been loving Tamou’s work as of late. When does his contract finish with us?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing him finish his career with us, if his intention is to play on.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’ve been loving Tamou’s work as of late. When does his contract finish with us?

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing him finish his career with us, if his intention is to play on.

The interesting thing about James Tamou is he is actually a highly respected clubman, family man, father and leader even if he is a very quiet and reserved personality.

I think in his first season with the Panthers he took time to find his feet. It was a really big change for him moving from the relative obscurity of North Queensland to a new environment in the Western Suburbs of Sydney.

Maybe he is no longer considered to be in the top half a dozen or so front rowers in the NRL but yes I agree he has been earning his pay cheque and is clearly our number 1 front rower even if earning less than than one of our other front rowers who shall remain nameless.

I think he is pretty settled here in Penrith and I would be thinking he will be doing all he can to get a one or two year extension to his current deal even if it is going to be on less money than he is currently on.

martielang

Bench
That’s either a mini tablet or he has huge hands! One of my favorite players. Everybody always said he was nothing without Weare feeding him assists. Then he left and our tries dried up on the wing. Funny that.

Probably one of (if not) the best positional winger we've ever had both in attack & defence.

age.s

First Grade
That’s either a mini tablet or he has huge hands! One of my favorite players. Everybody always said he was nothing without Weare feeding him assists. Then he left and our tries dried up on the wing. Funny that.

Sharks fans still love him too.

When two sets of fan bases love you it doesn't matter that much what the casual thinks of you.

The limo was a very underrated player.

Great achievement to reach 200 NRL games and scored over a 100 tries 49 of which were for the Panthers.

Just a great human being really.

I remember when he was first signed up that there wasn’t much fanfare and excitement, I guess mainly due to the fact that all the other ex-Sharks players we signed up over the years didn’t exactly set the world on fire (with the exception of Martin Lang and Preston Campbell).

Not only did he turn out to be an astute purchase, he played well above his contract value and probably performed stronger than some of our more illustrious, cashed-up players at the time.

He deserved his “Player of the Year” award.

Latest posts