What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney club association

simmo05

Bench
With all the dodgy calls going to certain teams in key markets, the wrestling bullshit, outrageous penalties for salary cap breaches that do not correspond with offences in the past, would it be feasible for all sydney clubs to form an association to deliberately flout the rules? I know some teams do already, but imagine if all the sydney clubs get together and all deliberately cheat the cap, especially poaching from brisbane and melbourne. If one club gets caught, all clubs open their books and admit what was happening. The nrl cant punish every club, because no one will watch if there is only 3 teams in the race.

I think this is the type of drastic action needed to get footy back to what it used to be, and to stop the deliberate manufacturing of results to suit whatever agenda is hot at the time at nrl hq. Them spuds need to remember who pays their bills

Someguy

First Grade
Let’s just take all the finals back to Sydney and give a wildcard entry every Sydney based team that missed the 8. Also property prices and cost of living, maybe allow Sydney teams an extra 100% cap space to allow for it. Then while we are at it why not bring back all the old failed teams from the past that existed in Sydney.

Cactus

Juniors
The OP is right.

Non Sydney teams gain an unfair advantage by virtue of the mental focus at training & the zen like state achieved away from training, all due to their (#) peaceful countryside, natural, non big city surroundings.

# excludes the following crapholes such as Melbourne, Canberra, Woollongong, Newcastle, Gold Coast, Brisbane and New Zealand.

*written and authorised by ken oath for the sydney rugby leage party, sydney

Haffa

Something similar to this was in the Parramatta board minutes a few years ago. Only two Sydney clubs were mentioned though

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Somehow I don’t think the smarter Sydney clubs would be very interested in being dragged down by the dumb ones.