What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Knights

Meth

Staff member
3- Maumalo
2- Paasi
1- Lisone

HM-
Hiku and Green. Great in the second half after pissing me off in the first half.

Ah Mau was good. Burr looked good when he came on

Iafeta

Referee
3 Hiku
2 Maumalo
1 Green (first half he had -6383893, hell of a second half though)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
3-Maumalo (by rights that was a hat trick)
2- Green (for the second half)
1- Hiku (good on attack and defence did once)

Minus points for the refs who did their best to shaft us this week. Still, maybe that’s what we needed as we actually won!

Hawks

Juniors
3 Ken
2 Hikau
1 Green (for his second half comeback)
HM Blair Passi Ah Mau
Minus points for Papalii.. dropping the ball trying to do a fast play the ball when we are trying to chew the clock down . Seen nothing from this guy that suggests hes a regular first grader

vvvrulz

Coach
“Maumalo not a winger” lol

Cute, but Ken was a garbage winger for a good while whether anyone likes it or not.

He’s definitely sorted now, and not having Kata by him has been instrumental. Still can’t believe it took years to figure that out.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Ken
2. Kakariki - where has this been?
1. Hiku

-3 Papalii - just wtf, started with so much promise and now this.

It was an extremely mediocre performance bar 10 very good minutes

Rich102

Staff member
10. To me for sitting through till the end.

3. Ken. The guy really makes an effort.
2. Green. Plays surrounded by average.
1. Hiku.

The referees need sorting. They are ruining the game.

vvvrulz

Coach
Nope he was just a young player getting to grips with the NRL standard and the position and apart from some inconsistency early on has been on a very impressive trajectory of improvement.

Agree on the improvement, but early on he was exposed very badly with defensive positioning, couldn’t handle the high ball, had poor finishing and crappy hands. The hitups was his entire game and this saved him, he was really struggling out wide.

I will say that he had a piss poor environment to deal with and a selfish as f**k centre. Considering that + where he’s got to means all is forgiven and glad he was persisted with.

Too bad we didn’t give CNK a similar shot but that’s another story.

Benek

Juniors
3 Ken
2 Green’s second half
1 Hiku

Papali’i was bad, but let’s not forget the Jazz penalty fest either. Both -1.

jaseg

Juniors
3 Maumalo
2 Hiku
1 Green (only gets 1 after showing up for 1 half of footy)

Nope he was just a young player getting to grips with the NRL standard and the position and apart from some inconsistency early on has been on a very impressive trajectory of improvement.

Nah, he was a garbage winger. Had none of the skills required. It's a huge credit to him that he has developed them while so many have stagnated from better starting points, skill wise.

That said, anyone still talking about him not being a winger is just being silly. It was clear last year that he has very much started to become a good winger, and has continued even moreso this year, away from Kata.

Blair

Coach
3. Ken. I think Vossy's in love!
2. Green - just like when he hit form last year, when Green's good, we're good.
1. Paasi - an effective 'power forward'. I wanted to give half points here, but Meth has instructed us not to. The other half would've gone to Hiku.

Interestingly, as touched on, when it was tight at 12-all, the four penalties conceded by the Warriors were all Scrappy-Do's fault. I suppose, with a nickname like that, he can get away with it.

Oh, and Voss, great commentator. He's so much fun.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
3. Ken "NOT a winger" Maumalo (the guys a yardage weapon not a 100 metre try scorer, no aerial assault, no individual brilliance tries but thats ok, just not a winger, Lomu/Vainikolo/Manu KILLS Ken. Thats what Im sure of like Im sure he was the MOTM and no-ones going to tell me otherwise).
2. Paasi
1. Hiku

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Ken Maumalo

Maumalo 35
Green 15
Hiku 14

Paasi 7
Lisone 1

12 voted