What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Cricket World Cup 2019

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That’s a Warriors attitude fellas, done what we needed to, qualified for the big games, and we have a sniff

Massive underdogs works nicely for us, and in 1 day cricket it only takes 2-3 guys to have a good day and you spring an upset

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
That’s a Warriors attitude fellas, done what we needed to, qualified for the big games, and we have a sniff

Massive underdogs works nicely for us, and in 1 day cricket it only takes 2-3 guys to have a good day and you spring an upset

Outside of Boult, Williamson and potentially Taylor...I can't really see anyone who can win the game for us.
Ferguson has done well overall but enough to win games against India, Aus and England.

Now is the time we need Guptill to do something, anything. And his partner

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Outside of Boult, Williamson and potentially Taylor...I can't really see anyone who can win the game for us.
Ferguson has done well overall but enough to win games against India, Aus and England.

Now is the time we need Guptill to do something, anything. And his partner

Guptill is the key, he has scored big runs in the past against all opposition and can change a game quickly when he is in. Basically the blueprint for a big score from us is 2 of Guppy, Williamson and Taylor getting 75+ while the likes of Neesh and colin chip in with cameos

Bowling wise Boult is the obvious, and if we get Aussie something which could work for us is that are ego players who like to dominate and might trip over against lesser names

Going back in time, we didn’t get the W, but 96 quarter final we took a punt and Germon and Harry put Warne and McGrath around the park

2011 no chance v the Yarpies and we tipped them out is in my mind too

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Guptill is the key, he has scored big runs in the past against all opposition and can change a game quickly when he is in. Basically the blueprint for a big score from us is 2 of Guppy, Williamson and Taylor getting 75+ while the likes of Neesh and colin chip in with cameos

Bowling wise Boult is the obvious, and if we get Aussie something which could work for us is that are ego players who like to dominate and might trip over against lesser names

Going back in time, we didn’t get the W, but 96 quarter final we took a punt and Germon and Harry put Warne and McGrath around the park

2011 no chance v the Yarpies and we tipped them out is in my mind too

It's all pretty exciting, despite our form dip. That '96 Quarter, I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, after the brilliant work by Germon and Harry, bloody Chris Cairns needed to come out and really plunder another 40-50 runs, really put the Aussies to the sword. But he didn't. In the end, our biggish total of about 280+ wasn't enough.

I've heard the Pakis have no chance of changing the course of the semis? That's a shame, as I think if the Black Caps had a nervous wait, and then a result went their way, then that would give them a boost mentality.

JJ

Immortal
Gotta win two games either way... but need a big turnaround in form

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bugger. Or is it?

It isfor me, India were my pick pre tournament and I’ve seen nothing to change it, they are the most complete team at the cup by a mile

However it only take a couple of guys to have a big day and you can win an ODI

Rohit Sharma 5 tons in the tournament, hopefully he has run out of runs for the semi

Blair

Coach
It isfor me, India were my pick pre tournament and I’ve seen nothing to change it, they are the most complete team at the cup by a mile

However it only take a couple of guys to have a big day and you can win an ODI

Rohit Sharma 5 tons in the tournament, hopefully he has run out of runs for the semi

And Guptil fires.

That Bumrah looks a nightmare though.

vvvrulz

Coach
Bumrah will absolutely own Guptill.

Same ol story unfortunately, we depend almost entirely on Kane and Ross. Our best hope is for our bowlers to nip out their big guns and expose the middle order for a lowish chase. Don’t see us putting up a good target.

TheDMC

Bench
I'm stoked we are playing India.
Win, likely a rematch versus Australia in the final, which would be great fun to watch (until Starc skittles us)
We haven't played (been beaten by) India in this tourney yet, so no mental scars.
Bring it on!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'm stoked we are playing India.
Win, likely a rematch versus Australia in the final, which would be great fun to watch (until Starc skittles us)
We haven't played (been beaten by) India in this tourney yet, so no mental scars.
Bring it on!

I reckon the Poms will roll the Aussies

TheDMC

Bench
I reckon the Poms will roll the Aussies

I can't predict the winner of this one. Aussies on a role and England brittle against quality bowling if the pitch offers a bit. But looks like Oz will be without Khawaja now. How awesome will it be in NZ pull an upset over India. Old Trafford is a belter, so I think we may as well roll the dice and chuck Munro back in as opener, a quick 40 even would be gold. Nichols has dudded out. Hope Ferguson's groin strain has settled down, without him we are toast. Time for Guptil to shine. And f**k it all I will be in the middle of nowhere in Caucasus mountains while the game is on....poor arrangements on my side.

Blair

Coach
Quite excited today. Interesting night ahead, surely we bat first? Otherwise India could slam us out of the game.

Latest posts