What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Vs Titans

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers Stadium, Friday 12th of July 6pm.

Everyone is already discussing it so might as well go early with the game thread.

OldPanther

Coach
My proposed team:

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Naden
4. Whare
5. To'o
6. Luai
7. Egan
8 Tamou
9. Kenny
10. JFH
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. Martin

14. Cartwright
15. RCG
16. Leota
17. Katoa

Edit: This team gives very little disruption under the circumstances. Luai played with May as 6 last year( thanks @herbert henry1908 for the reminder) Egan has filled in at 7 before and has a reasonable kicking game to take pressure off Luai. Also there's only 1 debut with Jed Cartwright who everyone here says is ready for NRL.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Nathan would probably be a better than 50% chance of returning at this game. He only ruled himself out of Origin to be on the safe side.

I think we will play Cleary and Luai in the halves. Give Jimmy a rest after doing the impossible and winning a series with Pearce involved. Although I would think both Nathan and Jimmy are named. Probably on an extended bench.

OldPanther

Coach
Nathan would probably be a better than 50% chance of returning at this game. He only ruled himself out of Origin to be on the safe side.

I think we will play Cleary and Luai in the halves. Give Jimmy a rest after doing the impossible and winning a series with Pearce involved. Although I would think both Nathan and Jimmy are named. Probably on an extended bench.

Yeah that's most likely what will happen. I just think it's a good chance to get the halves rested since this should be an easy game. We suffered from that last year.

https://www.nospam21.com/report-bre...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NRL+Gossip

Report: Brennan could face sack following review
Titans may look to replace Brennan mid-season: Read

MITCH KEATING

CONTRIBUTOR
JULY 5, 2019 - 4:10 PM
https://static.zerotackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GettyImages-931684478-696x464.jpg
A recent review into the Gold Coast Titans’ football operations could lead to the sacking of Garth Brennan, reports Brent Read.

Read told Triple M that Mal Meninga’s summary from the review could spell the end of Brennan’s tenure at the Titans, with Kevin Walters the front-runner as his replacement

“July 15 is D-Day for Garth Brennan,” Read said.

“As I understand it there is a board meeting that day where Mal Meninga will present his findings from the review he has done into the club’s football operations.

Lucky we play the Titans on July 12th. If we were playing them the following weekend, we would have to be wary as it always seems to be some sort of phenomenon that a team always wins their first game after a coach has been sacked and a new coach appointed.

Kilkenny

Coach
Really important game and it would undo a lot of good work if we don't perform to our best against the Titans.

The two points is desperately needed here to keep our momentum going and a 'shot' at least of perhaps sneaking into 7th or 8th at the end of the regular season.

We have a few games left against sides above us in the ladder so it is imperative to win the games against those who are below us as we are likely to lose a few in our run home.

OldPanther

Coach
There really are no easy games.

I'd normally argue against this but we've just seen the Sharks (top 4 contender) lose to Bulldogs and Titans (both bottom 4) so who knows.

Best to follow this advice from Frog and make sure not to get ambushed:

Approach it as if they are the Roosters. Interesting who plays in the halves if Cleary isn't fit and Jimmy doesn't back up.

Laui and Egan as Egan has covered halfback before and has a reasonable kicking game. We have Kenny on the bench for hooker.

Latest posts