What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Morris feels the heat with senior players

txta2

Bench
Honestly looks like no one, there is no alpha. Moylan, Johnson, Townsend and Brailey (in that rough order) are all looking to someone else to take charge...all that uncertaity around loose balls, the passes thrown with like...60% confidence...even the outside men aren't hitting their lines the same, all out of time. Thought Uele was the only one who was really looking certain with his runs.
Well if the 7 won't take charge then it doesn't matter who they axe or replace because they will be rudderless.

Trouble is the experienced players, read all the past positive headlines how super players are, they consciously take it into each match.I'm doing my part, the others can please themselves ,and it shows.The oldies playing as individuals not as a team. This leads the younger ones to follow suit.Take the wrong options.

They either all want to score ,there seems to be a lack of building the attack ,even when they are behind.
The reading of the play at times is obnoxious.

Much as we bag the Storm, when the experienced big three were operating together, they co ordinated the attack ,probing weaknesses ,incorporating the younger players and not rushing the attack.
They defended together young and old and positioned themselves accordingly.it seems to be operating with them similarly today. Egos are thrown to the sh*thouse there.

IMO there are a couple of the old heads living on borrowed time.I agree the chopping and changing of positions by the coach,"ain't" helping.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we aren' t dark horses, but pale imitations.Beating the Storm would renew my faith.

Prior and bakuya are the old heads on borrowed time

Ads

First Grade
Time to back the young brailey. We’re already planning long term with him. Watched a bit of the replay and we aren’t exploiting the ruck anywhere near enough. Blake is much more deceptive. Attack the ruck then spread the ball. Won’t make us as predictably sideways in attack as we are.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Well like everyone I was completely apoplectic at the game on Sunday ... then just full on depressed afterwards ... but enough of this jersey burning crap, the top 4 is gone, but no need for the white flag just yet.

Against the Bulldogs it was complacency, against the Broncos it was attitude & out of sync plays & general incompetence that infected everyone. Johnny Morris has a lot of work to do, but he has to start by getting the selections right.

It starts up front - sadly Prior is done, fatherhood has ruined him. He's been a legend the past few years, but he's barely top 17 now. Our bad starts start in the middle - fix it by starting with Fifi & Uele, Woodsy off the bench. Bukuya probably in front of Prior as a middle player now (even if he's on the slide too).

Next our halves - Chad has been having a pretty good year until the past 2 weeks - he can get back on track pretty quick. SJ's form - hugely frustrating yes, but to be honest I think the criticism has been a little over the top - he is obviously still not confident with his hamstring recovery. If gets back to playing straight and skipping outside his defender, he can still be a huge weapon.

Our backs - the constant shuffling has got to stop, and I'm with Angry - it's all about Dugan's ego. Pick Xerri at left centre where he's played all his junior footy, pick Josh at right centre where he handled Inglis in his prime in SOO - and leave them there !! Doogs either plays wing or the Jets - bugger his ego. Yes Doogs always puts in effort wise, but his constant stuffups tend to be contagious.

Finally Moylan. He is our X-factor, he is by far our most threatening player in attack, when he's switched on it leads to points. But god help us his attitude & body language need an absolute rocket. After giving Moylan said rocket, Morris should just lock Chad, SJ & Moylan in a room with a slab or two, and tell them they ain't coming out until they sort their shit out.

Throw in Wadeo back from Origin, and we're still a show this year.
After we get pumped in the Cam Smith wankfest this weekend of course.

carinashark

First Grade
Sorry but I think we are F#$&*D. And Melbourne will probably rest a few players, why not? Not totally coach Morris fault ,we were travelling fine not that many games ago .

M2D2

Bench
Our backs - the constant shuffling has got to stop, and I'm with Angry - it's all about Dugan's ego. Pick Xerri at left centre where he's played all his junior footy, pick Josh at right centre where he handled Inglis in his prime in SOO - and leave them there !! Doogs either plays wing or the Jets - bugger his ego. Yes Doogs always puts in effort wise, but his constant stuffups tend to be contagious.
giphy.gif

How are so many of you so f**king dumb that you think Dugan is dictating where he plays?
Especially after defending SJ & Moylan in the same post.

And on that note, im going on holidays.

Omnishark2

Juniors
How are so many of you so f**king dumb that you think Dugan is dictating where he plays?
Because Dugan has talked about it publicly.
Because of his past sooking when's he's had to play wing.
And because it's the only explanation for the constant juggling of spots 2-5 when they actually line up each weekend.

Morris has to pick the best combination, and stick with it.
And that's Dugan on the wing, until we can offload him to Superleague (no NRL club will take him for even half of $750k).