What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have heard some whispers we are close to signing a young gun from a rival club, no name was given but if it is the player I think it might be our goal kicking woes will be solved. The player I am thinking of can play no1 or in the centres

I’m guessing it’s Zac Lomax? As terrible as McGregor is I can’t see him releasing Lomax

simmo1

First Grade
I have heard some whispers we are close to signing a young gun from a rival club, no name was given but if it is the player I think it might be our goal kicking woes will be solved. The player I am thinking of can play no1 or in the centres

Garrick?

super_coach

First Grade
Guys I don’t know who it is but Iam thinking a guy who has a big red v on his jumperwho was a tragic tigers supporter as a kid. Might be a 100% wrong but the whispers come from a guy with a good strike rate

The unknown

Juniors
Yeah sounds like Lomax, But as if dragons would be looking to get rid of him when they've been talking him up as the next Gasiner

Tiger05

First Grade
Also says we are deep in discussion with Liddle to retain him for a further 2yrs.

I really hope we lock this one up. After that I think we are good as far as retention goes. We may keep some more but if Liddle re-signs we've signed the players who look likely to help us going forward.

WA Tiger

Bench
IMO, this should be the guidelines to all sports contracts.

According to Weidler, Pearce, instead of getting a payday from the Knights for making the Blues for the first time since 2017, will instead earn a bonus sum up to six figures if his club make the top eight which will increase further if they finish top four.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/22cb41575535c811a226c2d848309133
More than likely he thought he had zero chance of getting picked for blues like everyone else but very good point and the reason he ended up being picked in the end ..I read he never owned the team at the roosters

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
For so long now, think Galloway for starters, I have thought that our props first though't was,
gee, I hope they don't hurt me !!

I know I'm wrong, I know it takes plenty to play 1st grade it's just that we have all seen our powder puff guys just, 'take it up'.

I use to love watching Fuifui Moimoi when we had Galloway.

Happy with our current guys, would like to see them 'hurt' the defenders.
Or worse hitting the line with their back...I remember when Blair was with the tigers he was one of those powder puffs that hit the line with his back but then he went to the Broncos and and suddenly he was feared..Just ran at the line like there was no one there.It was like he was screamed at before every match...Bennett did/said something to him...Props can pass but they are there to hit the line hard so the tacklers don’t want to tackle them..

Last edited:

OldSchoolTiger

Juniors
IMO, this should be the guidelines to all sports contracts.

According to Weidler, Pearce, instead of getting a payday from the Knights for making the Blues for the first time since 2017, will instead earn a bonus sum up to six figures if his club make the top eight which will increase further if they finish top four.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/22cb41575535c811a226c2d848309133
Origin match payments are 30k per game and most players would be worth at least 30k more a year if they are origin players. Very very few players give up over 100k for mothing. So with that in mind the chances are outstanding that he has that money coming to him in another way.

WA Tiger

Bench
Did anyone watch Mbye kick goals at the Dogs?! He's, believe it or not, slightly shitter than Marsters.
It’s not possible...Anyone in the team can kick better than masters ...And it has to be affecting his game..How can someone be so good as an attacking centre and then be so bad...does he kick for NZ

tiger102

Juniors
The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly’s Brad Parker
Wests Tigers are attempting to poach arguably the most improved player in the NRL this season: Manly centre Brad Parker.

Parker was just of a run-of-the-mill performer in a disappointing Manly team last year and is on a bargain basement contract.

But he has been one of the big success stories of Des Hasler’s resurgent Sea Eagles this season and is playing great attacking football for Manly, scoring tries and setting up his outside men.

His defence has also improved and the Tigers are prepared to offer him good money to switch camps.

The powerful centre is happy at Manly - but the club will need to find more money if they want to keep him.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...n-french/57aceafd-a606-48d8-997d-c677a2359b72

Trollhammaren

Juniors
The Mole: Wests Tigers circling Manly’s Brad Parker
Wests Tigers are attempting to poach arguably the most improved player in the NRL this season: Manly centre Brad Parker.

Parker was just of a run-of-the-mill performer in a disappointing Manly team last year and is on a bargain basement contract.

But he has been one of the big success stories of Des Hasler’s resurgent Sea Eagles this season and is playing great attacking football for Manly, scoring tries and setting up his outside men.

His defence has also improved and the Tigers are prepared to offer him good money to switch camps.

The powerful centre is happy at Manly - but the club will need to find more money if they want to keep him.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...n-french/57aceafd-a606-48d8-997d-c677a2359b72

Sounds like a textbook Wests Tigers signing.

The unknown

Juniors
Lol brad Parker, when he is joked about on just about every nrl meme page you know he's shit

We may aswell try and bring Keith Lulia back while we're at it