What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

isaiah

Bench
Rd17
Panthers v Titans 8.5k
Knights v Bulldogs 20k
Rabbitohs v Manly 9.5k
Broncos v Warriors 34k
Storm v Sharks 23k
Roosters V Cowboys 12.5k
Wests v Eels 20k
Dragons v Raiders 9.5k

Could easily have three crowds under 10k, and four awesome crowds.
All the pages of this thread are about guessing crowds? Lol

The unknown

Juniors
This game deserves a sellout! In fact a few real good attendances coming up this weekend. (Weather permitting )

Only thing stopping benji from goat status was playing for a trash team like the tigs. Still, his highlight reels would be just about better than any player imo.

carcharias

Immortal
Only thing stopping benji from goat status was playing for a trash team like the tigs. Still, his highlight reels would be just about better than any player imo.

Ya reckon?
He won a comp at his peak with the tigers.

I will always think of him in that way

Billythekid

First Grade

I think jumping ship to a rival code probably hurt his legacy a lot more than that.

Not sure I agree either. I think helping an unsuccessful club reach a premiership really helps a players legacy. It’s why Thurston has such a strong legacy IMO.

Benji was on a team that had always been terrible and continued to be terrible after he left. Taking the tigers to a premiership was something special and that’s why it’s remembered so fondly along with Benji.

JB04

Juniors
Benji will forever be my favorite Tiger, purely for what not only he did for our team, but for what he did for the game. Ryan Matterson is my second favorite Tiger:joy:

The unknown

Juniors
I think jumping ship to a rival code probably hurt his legacy a lot more than that.

Not sure I agree either. I think helping an unsuccessful club reach a premiership really helps a players legacy. It’s why Thurston has such a strong legacy IMO.

Benji was on a team that had always been terrible and continued to be terrible after he left. Taking the tigers to a premiership was something special and that’s why it’s remembered so fondly along with Benji.

And honestly he isn't even that bad today. Obviously a heck of a lot slower but he still has the game smarts and doesn't throw the ball into row 10 every game like he used to haha

But yeah agree, he put tigers on the map

AJB1102

First Grade
Small crowds don't necessarily equal a lack of interest in the game.

I don't go to footy games anymore for the same reason I don't go to the movies or to a shopping mall - I can get a similar or better experience on my couch with unrivalled convenience. I still watch movies and buy shit.

Ikuvalu fan

Juniors
Wests v Parra on track for a sellout

Imagine Benjis 300th being a sea of yellow and blue fans haha

For all the wanking about Smith hardly a mention about Benji. You know the dude who influenced hundred of thousands of kids in junior footy trying to emulate his step and or flick pass
Wouldn't be surprised if Smith took the spotlight away from Benji and Gavin Cooper's 300th in a similar way he did to the Roosters v Dragons ANZAC day game. As good as he is he doesn't do nearly enough with his status to promote the game.

ReddFelon

Juniors

I don't go to footy games anymore for the same reason I don't go to the movies or to a shopping mall - I can get a similar or better experience on my couch with unrivalled convenience. I still watch movies and buy shit.

That sort of makes you sound like some weird recluse who doesn't go outside. Not sure that's a good argument against going to games.

AJB1102

First Grade
That sort of makes you sound like some weird recluse who doesn't go outside. Not sure that's a good argument against going to games.

No I just figure I bought a nice house and filled it with expensive shit that entertains me, why go out to watch movies with 40 chatty strangers? Pay for fox and a big telly, heating and a well stocked fridge to sit on a plastic seat eating cold hot chips and sipping a $9 mid strength rubbish beer? Forget it!

Burns

First Grade
No I just figure I bought a nice house and filled it with expensive shit that entertains me, why go out to watch movies with 40 chatty strangers? Pay for fox and a big telly, heating and a well stocked fridge to sit on a plastic seat eating cold hot chips and sipping a $9 mid strength rubbish beer? Forget it!
Do you go to any games?

Burns

First Grade
Gone to a handful since 2016 GF. None this year.
Seeing your team with 15,000+ other fans live, actually at the ground, where your support has made a difference to your players is 60 billion times better than sitting at home.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I would question that. You dont get the same experience listening to a band streaming on your iphone as you do at a concert, you dont get the same experience watching Getaway as you do visiting the Colosseum, you dont get the same highs and lows in front of a tv that you get on the edge of your seat at the stadium. I may be getting old but the multi sensory input, the anticipation, the comrade of the fans around you, none of that can be replicated at home.
Sure you can get your fave beer out of the fridge and sit on your comfy sofa with one eye on your ipad but that isnt real life, its a poor substitute. There's no investment or effort, there's little reward. Games over you flick over channels and watch the next thing on the box. But as I say I might just be getting old lol.