What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eel01s

Bench
Happy for Mau to go at this stage of his career. Yes he would probably be value for another year but I think now is the right time.

Very good player who has given great service to the Eels.

Gronk

Staff member
He’s a solid player but very replaceable. Good to see us move him on a year early rather than a year to late.

Hopefully for him he’s picked up a decent contract to set up his young family. A true gentleman of the game that turned his life around when it could of gone the other way.

Agree but not sure about him being "very" replaceable. The time is right for his departure however as his body seems to be in decline. I will miss him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Man, i'm gonna miss Manu.

Still playing good footy. But better to go a year early then a year late.
Looks like
Manu,Gower,Mannah, will all be gone. Maybe Alvaro and Taka also.
I still feel Taka and Hoffman at the right price are worth being in our 18-25 man side of the squad.

I'd imagine Stefano and Kafusi will play some role in the NRL side and Stone will also have a larger role. I am sure we will sign 2 genuine NRL players. Unsure what quality. And also I imagine a depth player.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree but not sure about him being "very" replaceable. The time is right for his departure however as his body seems to be in decline. I will miss him.

Tepai might be worth holding onto now with all the departures.
I still do not think we need to go and sign superstar forwards. Our backline is huge and takes load off the props.
Unsure if we have any other forwards who might be ready for NRL debuts next season bar Stefano.
Is Salesi NRL quality?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
He’s a solid player but very replaceable. Good to see us move him on a year early rather than a year to late.

Hopefully for him he’s picked up a decent contract to set up his young family. A true gentleman of the game that turned his life around when it could of gone the other way.

Agreed. He's been a great player and clubman, i wish him all the best.

I have always loved his style of play, his aggression and passion. I also made him laugh once, which is still probably my biggest claim to fame lol.

Gronk

Staff member

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So reports are Mannah, Gower won’t be here next year and Manu is gone.

Yet reports are Alvaro is staying and we are trying to extend his contract and we have offered Moeroa a contract.

Appears to be a common theme here, we are trying to keep the younger players.

Glenneel

Bench
Agree 100%
You need a bit of flair along with structure. I feel like NRL is played like a game of chess most the time and that is the reason these structured half backs can keep a team in the game. But at some point they must break it open and go for the Queen or King.

Moses would make teams nervous but a lot of teams are aware if play smart we will implode as he makes errors and goes for glory. Hence why we get blown away occassionally and it can happen in the first 20mins.....
Moses has 16 try assists to his game so far, the highest in the league, and sits top five in linebreak assists (4th), points (5th), goals (4th) and kick metres (2nd).
BUT
Parra have the second most missed tackles (behind Penrith) and may have plenty of points in them but are far from clinical, ranking third in both total errors and handling errors. Fix those and we are finals bound. And just think what Blake might bring with his speed and evasion in the lead up to the finals. I'm getting excited (unfortunately will be away during finals).

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So reports are Mannah, Gower won’t be here next year and Manu is gone.

Yet reports are Alvaro is staying and we are trying to extend his contract and we have offered Moeroa a contract.

Appears to be a common theme here, we are trying to keep the younger players.

We'll need to bring some experience in. I'm a big fan of making sure we have spots for the juniors to come through but as we've seen with the broncos this year you can't go with an all-youth team. Bringing in some experienced players will help the squad.

hindy111

Post Whore
We'll need to bring some experience in. I'm a big fan of making sure we have spots for the juniors to come through but as we've seen with the broncos this year you can't go with an all-youth team. Bringing in some experienced players will help the squad.

Have you been able to watch Stefano AMD Kafusi in lower grades?

Also how has young Schneider progressed?