What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Pathetic media

Galeforce

Bench
We have some pathetic amateur media reporters in the NRL.

Instead of focusing on the games , the players in teams , up coming players in development , announced transfers and signings ...........some think they need to get ahead of the pack and report on situations that are either made up or possible or in play with no OFFICIAL detail .

How amateur some are .

If you are negotiating for anything , be it a house , job/ salary , company or a contract move , marriage proposal the secret to any negotiation is to keep it secret until finalised. this ensures the best deal for each side in negotiated without sideline distractions.Think about your own private situation on this.

As such the media who get upset because clubs/management/coachs will not give them NEWS until deals are finalised are amateurs. Calling people LIARS because they try to close down speculation , is both disrespectful and highlights the poor business skills they have.

Take recent Roberts case.......of course Souths are not going to discuss a potential Roberts signing until it is actually closed with Bronco's and Roberts. What is surprising about that?

Take recent Gagai rumours. Maybe Gagai wants to move and maybe not. If true , he will only get a best new deal with a new club in negotiations which are kept secret and Souths would only release Gagai from his contract if they deem it best for Souths and for Gagai. No news until something officially announced as there are so many variables
.e.g. release before June 30 , release end of 2019 , no payments from Souths once released. The media reaction last night on this was PATHETIC from some.

hunters

Juniors
Completely agree. These journalists just get all pissy because they think they've missed out on an 'exclusive'.

My bosses don't run around here talking about all the signings or dismissals that haven't yet occurred, why would a football club run their business any differently and give away their hand just because a two bit journo asks a question.

gerg

Juniors
I’ve stopped watching footy shows.
They don’t talk about footy
They spend most of the show talking about off field shit

Utter pus

I've started watching Over the black dot. They do have an emphasis on Indigenous players, and there's nothing wrong with that, but they focus on all the games and little else. They run through each game played and then quickly go through the upcoming round. Just ignore the 'brah, and 100 percent' and you're good as gold.

carcharias

Immortal
I've started watching Over the black dot. They do have an emphasis on Indigenous players, and there's nothing wrong with that, but they focus on all the games and little else. They run through each game played and then quickly go through the upcoming round. Just ignore the 'brah, and 100 percent' and you're good as gold.

I must admit I have seen it a bit too.
It is very good

meltiger

First Grade
Completely agree. These journalists just get all pissy because they think they've missed out on an 'exclusive'.

Did get a chuckle out if the Benny/Gagai ‘lies’ hissy.

‘The fans deserve better’

lol... you don’t give two f**ks about the fans, the hissy is because Wayne equally has no interest in playing things out in the media.

With WB giving them nothing, there is no story. Instead they whinge, create the story and the clickbait articles are good to roll. Job done from the journos side.

Not sure why anyone seems surprised. The RL media has been filled with bottom feeding scum for 30 years. It’s the biggest scourge the game has in trying to sell and promote itself.

T-Boon

Coach
Paul Kent is an aggressive piece of shit isnt he. I like seeing someone question him, he really cannot handle it. What I don't get is, why does he always sound drunk on the Matty Johns show? He just cannot get simple sentences out. He has some kind of speech impediment.

DC_fan

Coach

Utter pus

I haven’t watched any footy show for I don’t know how long. I don’t want to waste my time listening to gossip. But in saying that it seems some people love to hear about such stories.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
As much as I hope the Gagai rumours are true lol.. I support the clubs handling these type of matters in house, same as the James Roberts recruitment. You don't do this stuff in the open. I know the Roosters are always very big on handling all negotiations quietly and in these situations, I believe Souths have done nothing wrong.

Front-Rower

First Grade
But in saying that it seems some people love to hear about such stories.

The masses love it. They believe these journos have the rock solid, inside scoops (which they may or may not have) which gives then gives them the ammo to come on forums or give it to their mates that their club is better/getting the worlds best player/in a dire situation etc etc

It’s kind of no different to watching Kardashins or whatever crap is on FTA television

T-Boon

Coach
there are too many RL shows on fox. The Matty John show is entertaining but anything with Kent, Ikin and that other fella, there is just no personality what so ever. Fox is better off running old games from the 70s, 80s, 90s.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
there are too many RL shows on fox. The Matty John show is entertaining but anything with Kent, Ikin and that other fella, there is just no personality what so ever. Fox is better off running old games from the 70s, 80s, 90s.

You ask a lot of people who have Fox League and they tell you that Matty Johns and the Fan are the best shows.

It really annoys me and probably everyone else when some of the jurnos want a grab a story on a certain player but if he keeps things quiet they crack it and try to hound other people about it, even if he has personal issues he'd rather not discuss.

mozza91

Coach
Listening to Matt Shirvington and Tim Gilbert talk football is a real in-depth insight into the greatest game of all.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Im glad the NRL has jumped into this market with an expanded NRL.com.....

They have shown that great and interesting news doesnt need to be the pathetic tabloid trash.

I think of it like the extra shit you get on a dvd about the making of a movie. It will of course be super positive but that doesnt make it boring.

I think the Telecrap is too used to reporting on politics (where positive stuff IS actually boring). Im hoping NRL.com starts scooping up viewers and forces NewsLTD to change tact.

kbw

Bench
Is that why Gould didn't tell anyone he had Bennett lined up to coach Penrith until later on, or was it just that Gould is full of shit

Brutus

Referee

Utter pus

Me too.

The only "expert" I bother watching or listening to any more is Zorba's 10 min spot on Sky Sports on a Sunday morning. I'll occassionally flick past a league show on tele. Don't repect too many of the talking heads these days.