What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 1st Semi Final: India v New Zealand - Manchester 9/7/19 (NZ won by 18 runs)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
In all seriousness...

Are all the commentators reading this pitch way wrong??

They are all adamant that this is a great batting wicket but we are treating it like a slow sticky wicket.

The fact that Kane decided to bat first would probably say the booth is probably more on the money here..

Nah I've seen this game before.

NZ score just enough runs to make me stay up to see how they bowl in the first 10.

They take a couple early wickets just to get me to stay up that little bit longer.

They end up losing after keeping me up all night and I feel ratshit in the morning.

shiznit

Coach
Whatever happened to Roscos slogsweep?

He used to throw the motherf**ker out any chance he could...

Nah I've seen this game before.

NZ score just enough runs to make me stay up to see how they bowl in the first 10.

They take a couple early wickets just to get me to stay up that little bit longer.

They end up losing after keeping me up all night and I feel ratshit in the morning.

Aaaaah yes - the cruel lure of hope. I know it well..

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Could see that coming.

He wouldn't have been playing shots like that and forcing it if the guys at the other end were doing a half decent job.

shiznit

Coach
That was Taylor’s fault... he wouldn’t up the scoring rate so it forced Kane to play rash shots...

shiznit

Coach
Ahh f**k this... World Cup semi final or not...

I ain’t wasting more hours of sleep on this rubbish...

I’ll just roll the dice on a good sleep and peek at the scores on cricinfo in the morning....

Ahh f**k this... World Cup semi final or not...

I ain’t wasting more hours of sleep on this rubbish...

I’ll just roll the dice on a good sleep and peek at the scores on cricinfo in the morning....

Understood.... but in years to come...

Will you remember the lovely sleep you had tonight or...

Will you remember the time you watched NZ battle to a competitive total on a tricky pitch and then defend it with brilliant bowling to make a World Cup Final ...

Bazal

Post Whore

Will you remember the time you watched NZ battle to a competitive total on a tricky pitch and then defend it with brilliant bowling to make a World Cup Final ...

Foxtel IQ....por que no los dos?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Sounds like sleep because you're clearly dreaming.

Foxtel IQ....por que no los dos?

Aus vs SA 99 semi... no Foxtel iq then and no sleep either...defending a modest total at best... and stayed up to watch us win it... one of the best sporting moments I’ve experienced...

Who knows how this game turns out but for mine if the kiwis win this it will be one of the great NZ sporting moments ... it’s worth foregoing sleep on...