What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 17 V raiders.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Graham named on an extended bench.If not back this week definitely the week after
Hope all our origin guys back up,so Nicholls, lats Robson and Kerr will drop out.

Jeff
Jimmy Graham has to get the doctors ok then pass a fitness test so he may not make it.

Old Timer

Coach
Now it’s Leilua at 13what an absolute joke of a club we are.
This just exemplifies the inconsistency of all things relating to our team whether that be selections, tactics, positions, bench, captains etc etc etc
We buy Kaufusi and don’t use him properly just like so many others before him so why did we bother signing him?
Allgood & Kerr were shit loads better than Lats but back to reggies they go.
This is like having a general anaesthetic and being conscious but paralysed during brain surgery and the Dr saying this is a hopeless case, close it up the cancer is everywhere.
A nightmare of unparalleled proportions and we can do nothing to change it.

kit66

Bench
To be fair to Field, it did look as though that was a directive from the coach.

That's pretty depressing. Inside the opposition 10 or 20, on the attack with a centre and winger outside you on the last and your coach thinks better to die with the ball than risk a kick. That's as bad as it gets. Dumb coach, unreliable / untrustworthy players.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I agree OT it gets depressing the way our team is managed. As i said get rid of all the coaching staff. Allgood Latimoe Dufty Field and Aitkin should be let go and not be picked for first grade.

Walpole

Juniors
Interesting contrast to the named teams. Canberra have selected their Origin players (Wighton and Papalii) in their usual positions and not bothered to hide Cotric in the reserves, instead naming him in the position he'll run out in.

We have named a team that looks like it was put together by a 6 year old on an internet forum. Got an Origin player as your halfback? I know, hide him on the bench in no.21 and stick the 7 on a 30 year old bloke with 2 NRL games. Ricky will never know what's going on...

Carlton

Juniors
Time to ditch pathways and just buy the best juniors then put them in your Ball/Jersey flegg side like the Rorters do ? We invest but get nothing back from the NRL so what is the point ? It is not as if they grow a leg when as a local junior they have any passion for the club.

Unfortunately, this is exactly right. Its a numbers game, you need to have as many of the "potential" stars coming through as possible. Be ruthless, make early calls and only keep those there is no doubt about, let the others go and recruit more. "Juniors" now are anyone at your club, under 20 yet to play first grade no matter where they grew up. The purchase of juniors does not fall within the cap and the roosters brown paper bags are nothing compared to the money they spend on buying young talent.

We need to build a production line and roll them through, part of our problem seems to be we are actually too loyal to "juniors". I agree we dont blood the really good ones effectively but we generally hang onto them too long hoping they will suddenly show signs of becoming an immortal.

BLM01

First Grade
Interesting contrast to the named teams. Canberra have selected their Origin players (Wighton and Papalii) in their usual positions and not bothered to hide Cotric in the reserves, instead naming him in the position he'll run out in.

We have named a team that looks like it was put together by a 6 year old on an internet forum. Got an Origin player as your halfback? I know, hide him on the bench in no.21 and stick the 7 on a 30 year old bloke with 2 NRL games. Ricky will never know what's going on...
I think Ben Hunt will be sitting out this game. Thats why. He is 1 and the only SOO player for us that may be suffering a bit od fatigue post tonight. And we wont make the 8 anyway so does not matter if we run a bunch of 6 years olds out there anyway.

BLM01

First Grade
Unfortunately, this is exactly right. Its a numbers game, you need to have as many of the "potential" stars coming through as possible. Be ruthless, make early calls and only keep those there is no doubt about, let the others go and recruit more. "Juniors" now are anyone at your club, under 20 yet to play first grade no matter where they grew up. The purchase of juniors does not fall within the cap and the roosters brown paper bags are nothing compared to the money they spend on buying young talent.

We need to build a production line and roll them through, part of our problem seems to be we are actually too loyal to "juniors". I agree we dont blood the really good ones effectively but we generally hang onto them too long hoping they will suddenly show signs of becoming an immortal.
What you got to factor in Carlton the way the NRL is going and the money flowing.....Junior numbers are also dwindling everywhere. Less Juniors means Less Seniors..and then result will be a smaller Super League comp spread across the nation and eventually Pacific Island nations.....and then we will have reggies / pub or park footballers next step fown where our supporters loyalties will eventually lie again..and so the wheel turns full circle.
Except the womens participation in the game is growing at all levels. At our CRL club we have more open registered women players then we do 1st graders as at June 30

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I think Ben Hunt will be sitting out this game. Thats why. He is 1 and the only SOO player for us that may be suffering a bit od fatigue post tonight. And we wont make the 8 anyway so does not matter if we run a bunch of 6 years olds out there anyway.
I think you might be right here.

Trying to think like Mary (dangerous, I know) he was probably happy with the right side defence against the storm. So he will probably keep that intact if Hunt is showing signs of fatigue.

Walpole

Juniors
I think you might be right here.

Trying to think like Mary (dangerous, I know) he was probably happy with the right side defence against the storm. So he will probably keep that intact if Hunt is showing signs of fatigue.
Maybe the plan is to give Nicholls a game every week until he gets a win. You know, because Mary's a good bloke and all.

Carlton

Juniors
What you got to factor in Carlton the way the NRL is going and the money flowing.....Junior numbers are also dwindling everywhere. Less Juniors means Less Seniors..and then result will be a smaller Super League comp spread across the nation and eventually Pacific Island nations.....and then we will have reggies / pub or park footballers next step fown where our supporters loyalties will eventually lie again..and so the wheel turns full circle.
Except the womens participation in the game is growing at all levels. At our CRL club we have more open registered women players then we do 1st graders as at June 30

I agree 100% with what you are saying, this is separate to the first grade NRL clubs. League has gotten away from its roots and what was exciting and addictive about it.

I think we should be promoting women but the thing that I find hard to understand is the lack of focus from the NRL on CRL and Park football. There should be a pathway from CRL/Park to grade in the NRL. Part of the problem lies with the structure of U20 and Canterbury Cup. There should be genuine 3rd and reserve grades, older players drop down and younger ones come in underneath and then progress through the grades.

SGMax

Juniors
Cheers,

I will give Jai a chance a little longer before I judge him. I remember full well the term " turnstile" being used about Matt. Still is.

Personally, I have no preference, but since Dufty has been given a few seasons, I would like Field to be given at least half.

Agree re last game, Dufty was much better and Field was poor. However thats one game. Enjoy your night.

Just to add my thoughts....
Don't forget that Field was playing in a very understrength and inexperienced side.

On the last occasion he was caught on the last tackle, he ran at the defence with a step /swerve in what looked like an attempt to put Kaufusi through a gap.
Kaufusi wasn't aware or fast enough to be in position and Jai took the tackle.
If Kaufusi or someone had run with Field, there definitely would have been a break through the defence.

I hope it is a matter of Field needing to develop combinations with the others or at least communicate better as he has the basic talent and abilities to be a good 5/8.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree 100% with what you are saying, this is separate to the first grade NRL clubs. League has gotten away from its roots and what was exciting and addictive about it.

I think we should be promoting women but the thing that I find hard to understand is the lack of focus from the NRL on CRL and Park football. There should be a pathway from CRL/Park to grade in the NRL. Part of the problem lies with the structure of U20 and Canterbury Cup. There should be genuine 3rd and reserve grades, older players drop down and younger ones come in underneath and then progress through the grades.
Dont start me Carlton..(oh well you have now) but the problem also is with the mentality of lets say young men and grade players of today (not all but most) compared to my days of playing is that they want everything for doing nothing and a good salary too...even turning up a training 2-3 times a week has a book of excuses longer than Mary's!..Why?..because clubs are so desperate for players and success just like the NRL If it gets to hard go elsewhere for equal or more pay...or play another sport
Women cant get paid at CRL level yet but have to pay the same rego fees and are a pleasure to work with in regards to helping the volunteers running a CRL club.

You are right we all watch the media over do the reporting of what happens re money, moving / walking out of clubs and the glowing lights on stage at the NRL of today...but it filters down.
Park footballers dont see how a lot of the NRL clubs players have got to do their bit behind the scenes for the club they play for.

In regards to women in league..whilst it is growing and should be supported I agree... again it is done at a high level only....and it is at the expense of as you say CRL and park football.
Everyone wants a part of and will push and fund the Elite.including the womens game..forget the rest

BLM01

First Grade
Just to add my thoughts....
Don't forget that Field was playing in a very understrength and inexperienced side.

On the last occasion he was caught on the last tackle, he ran at the defence with a step /swerve in what looked like an attempt to put Kaufusi through a gap.
Kaufusi wasn't aware or fast enough to be in position and Jai took the tackle.
If Kaufusi or someone had run with Field, there definitely would have been a break through the defence.

I hope it is a matter of Field needing to develop combinations with the others or at least communicate better as he has the basic talent and abilities to be a good 5/8.
The only defence I will go into bat for Field and happens a lot through reggies it is hard to develop combos when you are playing with different forwards, different positions chopping and changing from 1sts to reserves each week. He will never be able to run a team in the halves position and has too many errors in him including the good stuff..but he is behind Dufty in regards to a fullback for our club

Latest posts