What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

JJ

Immortal
You don't understand. It is all about personal connections. Brad Fittler is an old team mate of Ivan Cleary. That is why he has promoted Ivan's son, Nathan. Brad Fittler also is a mate of Mitchell Pearce. That is one reason (there are others) why he has replaced Nathan Cleary with the supremely talented Mitchell Pearce.
lol - sure it is... I'm expecting Bryce and Jed Cartwright to be there soon - it's all about the connections

Fangs

Coach
Well done Mitchell 'Clutch' Pearce. A wonderful ball at the end to set up our right edge.

Showed once again which state wants it more. NSW.

Xcalibre

Juniors
When he let that ball sail, I thought it was his final nail, but good on him for having the cahones to throw it because it paid off.

Happy for him but it doesn’t erase the fact he was average to terrible in many series before. Even tonight he made a few poor plays. Overall he was good though.

Noname36

First Grade
When he let that ball sail, I thought it was his final nail, but good on him for having the cahones to throw it because it paid off.

Happy for him but it doesn’t erase the fact he was average to terrible in many series before. Even tonight he made a few poor plays. Overall he was good though.

You’re clearly not lol

no name

Coach
I thought he very ordinary until that final pass which was awesome.
That pass lead to the winning try so good on him.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Pearce played pretty well, and the cahones on the guy to throw that pass in that situation to clinch the game and the series. As someone who has endlessly bagged him, I have to give him credit where it is due. He was there backing up on the inside in case Teddy needed him too. I am genuinely happy for the bloke too. The photo of him and his dad embracing in the tunnel after the game is reminiscent of Dean and Craig Young embracing in 2010. A great moment and a great image for our game. And a great f**king day to have been born and raised in New South Wales.

Sphagnum

Coach
There weren't enough Englishman, Frenchman or svandanavians in that origin decider to consider rugby league an international sport.

They should all f**k off back to downerstown where they belong

TheDalek079

Bench
Mitchell Pearce. 2013 NRL Premiership Winner. 2019 State of Origin Winner. Arguably the best halfback in the Rugby League currently. Whilst I am sad that he decided to leave my favourite club last season, I do admit that he will be a Roosters champ so I am happy to see him become a State of Origin Hero for New South Wales

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Still had some Pearce moments.

Thought he played better than Maloney though who almost dragged QLD back into the game with his defense alone (A nice assist from Cordner on that front), and poor option taking when up by 12.

ram raid

Bench
I'm good and happy for Mitch. I'm glad he's got the monkey off his back, put the demons to sleep, beheaded the gremlins, whatever. I was sick to death of the Pierce-hating when he was last playing Origin. I've hated the absorbing speculation about his possible return, and now I'm already sick of the redemption narrative. It's not fair to the rest of the team really, He knows it too. Did you see Joey trying trying to rile him up in that post-game interview? As if Pearce was going to say "ÿeah shove that up your arse you Ben Hunts!" The poor guy looked like he wanted to climb in a hole.

Quicksilver

Bench
Not much from shown from any of the halves in the game really.

I don’t think a set in the first half made it past the second tackle without the whistle being blown though.

Bit hard to find a rhythm.