What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin III - Wed 10 Jul - NSW 26-20 QLD @ ANZ

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
Am I really seeing people say Pearce had a good game?
Apart from his awesome final pass, I thought he was ordinary, only Maloney was worse for the Blues.
I’ve never been a fan, but before the game, as a NSW fan, I was willing him on to have a blinder.
I thought he looked very nervous throughout the whole game and found it difficult to position himself to make plays.

I sank a few beers during the game so maybe his second half was better than what I perceived.
He played solid, certainly played better than what the pundits on LU would have anyone believe.

Maroon4life

Juniors
That game up until the 70th minute went pretty much as I expected it to. Qld coming out thriving on their underdog status and looking to make a statement. Getting the first try. The forwards ripping into NSW. But then (coincidentally or not) when the refs stopped being so penalty-happy second half you could see them tiring and starting to make stupid errors, turning the ball over cheaply after a great completion rate in the first half. NSW looked like they'd really open them up and win comfortably.

That penalty on Frizzel in the 70th minute was shit. Soft as anything, the moment I saw it I went 'What a coincidence- just when Qld needed a leg-up.' I hate when the referees try to make it a close contest rather than natural attrition set in, and the commentators going on about how "Now it looks like an Origin game" after the conversion to make it a 6 point gap makes you wonder how much of the refs calls at certain points are purely coincidental?

When Papali scored I didn't feel panic set in. I had a feeling that even with the scores going level, NSW could find a way to seal the game. Qlders like to talk about this self-belief and that they can still do it. It's a testament to Freddy and the often maligned team he put together this year that I felt that similar belief in them even when they could've collapsed. So glad Fergo redeemed himself like that- and Pearce had a hand in getting the ball out to his wing in the first place too. Such an awesome finish when they could've folded and thought here we go again. Teddy you champion. McGuire and Chambers you absolute grubs- I'd hope somebody pisses in their XXXX's but that'd only make them taste better.

And to finish on a Gus note- my prediction the other month turned out to be right:

In 2005 Liverpool won the Champions League, NSW lost Game 1 in Brisbane to an intercept try, but came back to win the series.

In 2019 Liverpool win the Champions League, NSW lose Game 1 in Brisbane to an intercept try....and come back to win the series.

If you call NSW home, you have permission to walk around with the biggest smile on your face tomorrow. Suck it in and enjoy- the shield stays in its' true home. Back to Back, baby!

What's your opinion on the 5th tackle penalty which results in a try for NSW?

Lebbo73

Bench
the days of qld dominance are over and they are heading back to pre 1980s days when we used to flog them for decades.

They should be grateful.
That won’t happen unless you find a decent halves pairing.
Fittler had the better side by a margin this year and last and NSW still only fell over the line both series.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
It's just awesome seeing Freddy enjoying success as NSW coach. I remember back when he was named as the new coach. I was working in a factory at the time and when the word got around the entire floor and storeroom burst out laughing.

Who's laughing now

I know its a different game but when he won the City game with virtually an inexperienced team up against a pretty good Country team I felt confident things would change for the good.

And its paid off. He's unfairly copped a lot of flack and look what's happened.

Two in a row baby !!!!

stryker

First Grade
the days of qld dominance are over and they are heading back to pre 1980s days when we used to flog them for decades.

They should be grateful.
Dont get too far ahead of yourself. Scratchy win against a pretty dreadful QLD outfit.
Nontheless 2 in a row is a start. QLD need to do better. Not athletic enough to compete currently.

Spot On

Coach
That won’t happen unless you find a decent halves pairing.
Fittler had the better side by a margin this year and last and NSW still only fell over the line both series.

You'd want to hope we don't find a halves pairing or you won't watch at all.

Let's just keep it as it is... teasing you poor bastards for the entire series so you keep tuning in for the 3 games.

Freddie understands he needs to balance these things so Origin doesn't die.

stryker

First Grade
Btw...if Moses Mbye ever plays rep for QLD again ill go postal. The prick only just deserves first grade status.

Spot On

Coach
I know its a different game but when he won the City game with virtually an inexperienced team up against a pretty good Country team I felt confident things would change for the good.

And its paid off. He's unfairly copped a lot of flack and look what's happened.

Two in a row baby !!!!

People tried to argue that what he did last year with all those debutants wasn't a big deal.

FMD.

Simply incredible what he has done.

stryker

First Grade
You'd want to hope we don't find a halves pairing or you won't watch at all.

Let's just keep it as it is... teasing you poor bastards for the entire series so you keep tuning in for the 3 games.

Freddie understands he needs to balance these things so Origin doesn't die.
Origin died the year they banned punching...as did rugby league in general.

Latest posts