What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Cricket World Cup 2019

vvvrulz

Coach
Woke up in disbelief around 1am seeing we’d blown away the top order. Was an extremely nervous time when Jadeja was playing that inspired knock but thanks to Dhoni and us not losing our shit we got it done.

Felt a lot like the 2015 semi, that was just epic.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Dhoni always digs them a big hole with his style and happy that he couldn’t get it done, and that won’t be reflected in those stats they trot out

Often I think his knocks are poor, and when you need 42 from 4 overs and he pats it round and has the arrogance to leave the ball as well, he effectively made the call that it’s me the hero because it was asking too much of guys coming in

Big Marn

Juniors
Dhoni always digs them a big hole with his style and happy that he couldn’t get it done, and that won’t be reflected in those stats they trot out

Often I think his knocks are poor, and when you need 42 from 4 overs and he pats it round and has the arrogance to leave the ball as well, he effectively made the call that it’s me the hero because it was asking too much of guys coming in
Yet who didn't think he was about to launch,knowing we had hidden Neesham till the last over. Nothing short of a direct hit would have effected that run out. Amazing play with one stump to look at.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors
A few disgruntled Indians complaining about the illegal field setting when Dhoni was run out. Apparently umpires missed it. Only allowed 5 outside the circle in last 10 and Ferguson had changed it to 6 for that ball. :wink:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
What a ruddy result!
I was watching it until about 12.30, when Jadeja had come .

I even had a dream we'd lost by one wicket.

Woke up and was elated it was just a dream!

I'm predicting a big score from Guppy on Sunday night. He is due, and I think that run out will have given him a boost

Blair

Coach
It's great being Kiwi!

I went to sleep at 85-5, knowing we needed Dhoni out.

A workmate told me we'd eventually won, after a bit of a scare.

Epic times.

Iafeta

Referee
A few disgruntled Indians complaining about the illegal field setting when Dhoni was run out. Apparently umpires missed it. Only allowed 5 outside the circle in last 10 and Ferguson had changed it to 6 for that ball. :wink:

Irrelevant. You can still be run out off a no ball.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

They're complaining about a graphic that showed 6 men out, that then went away before Williamson brought third man up into the circle.

What a win.
England or Australia?
Hard one.

England at home and beat us by more than Aussie this tournament, but our record against is better. NZ 43 England 41

Aussie, neutral ground, a few injuries, but mentally all over us, NZ 39 Aussie 91

Edit: Boult wants Aussie for revenge.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
de Grandhomme was already at backward point by graphic. So not sure where 3rd man could have gone.

Up inside the circle like all third men do when brought up.There was a man at point, and an off side sweeper.

It was clear from the field the plan was to bounce Dhoni which is why it was so leg side heavy.

Latest posts