What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Pearce had a jersey handed to him n wouldn't step up for game 2 when NSW where underdogs but jumps on the bandwagon when the blue are favourites.
He should be thanking teddy, cook, turbo etc because he was flat average again

mxlegend99

Referee
Never been a Pearce fan in Origin but for I am happy for him to play part in a winning series. I think it would hurt more for Queensland to lose to him in a way. If nothing else it proves the tables have well and truly turned now.

Hard to believe we won a series with a different halves combination in all 3 games... one including Pearce. Having dropped both our centres after Game 1 and instead option for a fullback and half in the centres. Running only 2 front rowers etc. Freddy looked like a mad man with many of his decisions but ultimately all paid off even if a bit of luck got him there.

I can see Pearce partnering Keary in 2020 now. One win has earned him another decades worth of chances... and Keary was to be the first half picked before being ruled out.

adamkungl

Immortal
How good will it be next year when we get to see Cleary and Pearce in the halves

Let’s just pray Tedesco and particularly Cook don’t get injured

Hard to say which direction they'll go on Pearce. Maloney too.

If Keary can go a few weeks without getting knocked out it's hard to see him not getting a look in, especially if he plays for the Kangaroos again.

Maybe they'll give Cleary a year or two back from Origin to work on the finer points of his game?

Then there's Reynolds and Walker who will at least demand consideration.

My thinking is Keary and Cleary will be the long term 6 and 7.
But with the monkey finally off Pearce's back, and a strong chance that he continues as the form NSW halfback of the NRL, maybe they rely on his experience for another couple of years?

It seems to be the eternal NSW struggle post-Joey and Freddy. Always any number of halves choices, but none of them true greats of the game that pick themselves.

King hit

Coach
Was super stoked to see Pearce get a win last night. He has really grown as a player since going to Newcastle. Even better knowing that he was the one who saw Tommy Turbo and Addo Carr with space in the last minute whilst others would've gone for the safe play.

TheFrog

Coach
Kept his head in the desperate last minutes and threw a terrific ball that led to the winning try. Apart from that he was fairly average.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My favourite part is when Cook is going over, Teddy and Jake T just have these massive smiles as they push up in support.

Gold shot, that one.

Kayo mini 17:27 check it out.