What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 2nd Semi Final Australia v England - Birmingham 11/7/19

Pommy

Coach
Ah yes, apologies. I forgot about the genocide that the media pretended we committed that day. What an oversight.

That doesn’t change the fact he knowingly allowed cheating to take place. You can argue the punishment was harsh but his name will always be tainted by that. You’re kidding yourself if you don’t believe that to be the case.

Pretty sure that ball did absol
Doesn't really matter what we think though does it, he will cop shit for the rest of his days, I'm afraid

It's only been a bit over a year that in happened - judging from other incidents in our sport and others, it'll die down eventually IMO.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Because England had tougher rules than what the ICC said they should be, he also had British citizenship from birth.
Nothing wrong with setting high standards... weak when they are lowered for no purpose other than to snaffle a player from another country.

Hutty1986

Immortal
That doesn’t change the fact he knowingly allowed cheating to take place. You can argue the punishment was harsh but his name will always be tainted by that. You’re kidding yourself if you don’t believe that to be the case.
Lol, if you say so. He f**ked up, did his time and will bounce back. I couldnt care less what a few mongs from the big book of British smiles shriek about after a few warm lagers.

Pommy

Coach

It's only been a bit over a year that in happened - judging from other incidents in our sport and others, it'll die down eventually IMO.

Not whilst Warner is in the sport. Smith will keep getting it whilst he’s playing.

Pommy

Coach
Lol, if you say so. He f**ked up, did his time and will bounce back. I couldnt care less what a few mongs from the big book of British smiles shriek about after a few warm lagers.

You might not care but it doesn’t mean it’s not right.

Canard

Immortal

Maybe.

Warne and Mark Waugh escaped unscathed from the bookmaker scandal, which quite frankly should have resulted in life bans.

Not whilst Warner is in the sport. Smith will keep getting it whilst he’s playing.

Highly doubt it. Think you're saying this because it's still relatively fresh.

He's copping it more than Warner because of how good he is as a player and in order to try unsettle him, even though Warner is the real wanker. If it wasn't for that, there'd barely be murmurs at this stage. That tells me it's not going to last, given it's not exactly a pure hate for what occured.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
people will be like but but but but sandpaper but it will be rather pointless. worse has been forgotten in sport. if he keeps his test average above 50 nobody will really care at the end of the day.