What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dce

Did anyone else notice that DCE has no defence. He just runs along side of the opposing player and looks for a team mate to make the first move.

He also seems to kick the ball when it is not needed.

Not sure what the coach was thinking but Munster should of been Captain for sure, he reads.the game alot better than DCE.

Queensland need to shape the game around Munster like they did with Thurston or Smith.

I posted on the Manly Sea Eagles Forum in 2017 stating that DCE should hang his head in shame for his defence in a first grade game for the Eagles. I said that I never want to see him in a QLD jersey ever again after that game for the Sea Eagles.

Now there is a tackle he assisted in Game 1 2019 in Brisbane where he saved a try. It is very hard to stop Tedesco close to the line and DCE was crucial in stopping that try. OK that's the good bit.

He like the rest of the team went missing in Perth. Defensively the entire team was shithouse in Perth. Perth was where we lost the series. We learnt some of the lessons from Perth, but not all of them. We have to learn from our mistakes. Last night's game had elements of a perfect game for QLD. However, our attack was second rate. Our support game could have been better as could our communication. If we tighten up our defense, support breaks better and communicate a bit more, we have a good chance.

I will give credit to NSW. Barring Pearce, they have the core of a decent team. Things have changed. We have to be better than this lot to beat them. Previously they found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Totally agree with what has been said.
The biggeat issue with Queensland is that they have not brought the young talent through early enough.

I have to give it to Brad it seems that he lit a fire under the NSW team by dropping a few players, which in turn mad the rest seem to play to keep there spot in the future.

I have always said that this is what the game needed as it would bring back the intensity of the past.

If you watch the half time footage in the locker rooms, NSW are always sitting together focused on what the coach is saying and I assume working on a strategy for the 2nd half.
It is a far cry from QLD as they a spread out all over the place.

It may seem to some people that Kev is coming across as just one of the boys and not a coach.
There needs to be more respect with both parties to ensure the game plan is being adhered too or if it needs to be changed to suit the situation at hand.

davi

Juniors
He so thought he had his defining moment, and a great pass it was to Pap.

Then Fergo got it back to Teddy.

2 series lost.

Nobody on this thread has flat out said it but if anyone is blaming Cherry-Evans for not taking a field goal at the end of the game then forget it. Moses Mbye screwed up the last play trying to milk a penalty and whining to the ref instead of getting a quick play the ball away. NSW had time to set up their defence and rush out to prevent a field goal attempt so Cherry-Evans was forced to put up a bomb. It was Mbye who flubbed it plain and simple.

Queensland did not loss the game through not setting early enough for a feild goal or due to a single player, it was from a lack of leadership on and off the feild.

Spot On

Coach
Did anyone else notice that DCE has no defence. He just runs along side of the opposing player and looks for a team mate to make the first move.

He also seems to kick the ball when it is not needed.

Not sure what the coach was thinking but Munster should of been Captain for sure, he reads.the game alot better than DCE.

Queensland need to shape the game around Munster like they did with Thurston or Smith.

I'm not going to bag DCE rather the QLD heirachy who have lost their way over the years drowning in their own mantras, propaganda, silly selection agendas and now hypocracy of the highest order.

DCE couldn't get a gig in the side for yrs and then they make him captain??? WTF???

Walters hires a bloke who telks him that he should concentrate on preparing his team and never mention the name of the opposition???? And gives him a shit load of $$$ for it. FFS.

Moses Mby is selected in the centres for QLD. WTF???

Have a look where NSW attacked QLD and tell me there are not glaring problems with their outside backs. Dane Gagai can not tackle - at all.

DCE is far from their biggest problem.

Reflector

Juniors
I'm not going to bag DCE rather the QLD heirachy who have lost their way over the years drowning in their own mantras, propaganda, silly selection agendas and now hypocracy of the highest order.

DCE couldn't get a gig in the side for yrs and then they make him captain??? WTF???

Walters hires a bloke who telks him that he should concentrate on preparing his team and never mention the name of the opposition???? And gives him a shit load of $$$ for it. FFS.

Moses Mby is selected in the centres for QLD. WTF???

Have a look where NSW attacked QLD and tell me there are not glaring problems with their outside backs. Dane Gagai can not tackle - at all.

DCE is far from their biggest problem.

Hiring The Coach Whisperer was unconventional, but so were Freddy's methods when he took over last year. If Qld win the series then it'd be hailed a genius move and The Courier Mail would be telling its' readers to never mention us by name again.

The issue with Qld is they've promoted this notion that being critical of selections or changing your team line-up is a cardinal sin. Even though virtually every other team in world sport does it whether you're talking team officials or the supporters. This worked great for them when they had the SuperSpine, but it's not going to work for them now. They laughed at NSW fans and officials for years for how "faithless" we were- but this is why is happened. When you can't automatically assume that Lockyer/ Smith or Slater are going to cover for any weaknesses in your team you've got to make the harsh calls and prepare for backlash- as happened to Freddy this series.

Spot On

Coach
Hiring The Coach Whisperer was unconventional, but so were Freddy's methods when he took over last year. If Qld win the series then it'd be hailed a genius move and The Courier Mail would be telling its' readers to never mention us by name again.

But it didn't.

Those gimmicky, silly, nonsense ideas like the bloke Walters spent money on only helps to erode any culture and confidence they thought they had.

May it continue!!!