What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 2nd Semi Final Australia v England - Birmingham 11/7/19

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well done UN, far too good, been the best team for a long time it’s yours to lose.

And for Aus when you pick so many brain dead idiots like we do you deserve to get flogged, coached by a bloke who belongs in the twilight zone. Time to totally revamp the side and find some young batsman.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Absolutely humiliated. What an embarrassment for a nation with 5 World Cups. The pissweak batting line up was always going to be shown up at some point.

Well don’t forget we were 5/90 agai st both Winidies and NZ before they both bottled it.

Our batting hasn’t been up to scratch in this tournament and we have been lucky the opposition on most occasions has been worse.

shiznit

Coach
6394-BA78-416-F-4-B5-E-83-C0-14-FF2-BD7-DF91.jpg

vvvrulz

Coach
Stoinis.

Don’t ever darken this door again merkin!

Stoinis absolutely shits me.

Maxwell is riling everyone up too, and fair enough, but I can sort of understand the point of Maxwell. Aussie aren't starved with middle order options and Maxi is your Jadeja / Harris / Afridi type player who has a shit record but by default fields brilliantly, gives you a few overs and once a while hammers a brilliant innings. He hasn't delivered in a while and is hopeless when he needs to graft, but at least you get intent and know what to expect.

Maybe it's just the smug body language, but Stoinplod just pisses me off especially when he thinks he's earned the right to block and leave when it's time to smash. I hate Dhoni as much as the next guy but at least Dhoni has a proven history of making that approach work.

TLDR Stoin and Max both suck, you can only have one (if any) and Max is better imo

Timbo

Staff member
Whatever drugs that the selectors were taking at the meeting where they decided Stoinis was a triple-threat, must pick, option in all three formats; I want some. They must be spectacular.

vvvrulz

Coach
Stoinis is just the latest in the long line of the selectors' idiotic quest for our own Freddy Flintoff. When are they going to give up on it?

I love it when Freddie gets brought up, because it's always conveniently forgotten that he was a mostly mediocre cricketer who relished on two or three massive spikes including those famous Ashes. He was here next Ashes too remember, and the World Cup after that, and was mostly dog shit.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Stoinis absolutely shits me.

Maxwell is riling everyone up too, and fair enough, but I can sort of understand the point of Maxwell. Aussie aren't starved with middle order options and Maxi is your Jadeja / Harris / Afridi type player who has a shit record but by default fields brilliantly, gives you a few overs and once a while hammers a brilliant innings. He hasn't delivered in a while and is hopeless when he needs to graft, but at least you get intent and know what to expect.

Maybe it's just the smug body language, but Stoinplod just pisses me off especially when he thinks he's earned the right to block and leave when it's time to smash. I hate Dhoni as much as the next guy but at least Dhoni has a proven history of making that approach work.

TLDR Stoin and Max both suck, you can only have one (if any) and Max is better imo

Think of the 'sheer delight' us aussie fans will have if Stoinis makes the test side :p

The better team won and bravo to England.

Considering there was a thought we'd make up the numbers at this World Cup makes it pleasing we were 2 on table and lost to the eventual champions in a semi.

Again, Australian cricket needs to look at what they wish to achieve in all 3 formats and plan and groom accordingly. England have worked on this for four years. Australia have rambled on. That Stoinis was ever a legit option tells you much about CAs thinking processes.

Anyway. You can't win em all. It's been a satisfying WC. Let's hope the Final is a blast.

Showtime

Juniors
Whatever drugs that the selectors were taking at the meeting where they decided Stoinis was a triple-threat, must pick, option in all three formats; I want some. They must be spectacular.

Seriously good drugs because they thought having Finch, Maxwell and Stoinis in their top 6 would give Australia a chance. I know Finch had a decent WC but his failure at the important end was almost predictable.

As for Stoinis we’ll that just shows you how bare the cupboard is.

Latest posts