What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Return of the Sledge

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Last night Joshua “Moose” McGuire, who was recently labelled the Human grub, gave the mother of old sprays to Blacob Ferguson.

In a game where rival players seem to laugh and carry on with eachother, it was good to see some genuine feeling back in the game. Apparently Klemmer and Ferg almost knocked Moose’s block off - cool stuff!

Is the sledge back?

Does anyone know the content of the sledge?

What are some of the all time great sledges?

beave

Coach
Last night Joshua “Moose” McGuire, who was recently labelled the Human grub, gave the mother of old sprays to Blacob Ferguson.

In a game where rival players seem to laugh and carry on with eachother, it was good to see some genuine feeling back in the game. Apparently Klemmer and Ferg almost knocked Moose’s block off - cool stuff!

Is the sledge back?

Does anyone know the content of the sledge?

What are some of the all time great sledges?

Google would be your friend. Ferguson has a chequered past off the field, I’d say a particular incident would be the focus of the ‘sledge’.

For the record, Mcguire might play for my club side but he is an A grade dickhead.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Given the way the media (particularly the News Corp blokes) are dodging saying what McGuire allegedly said, I wonder if it was a racial slur.

Munted

Bench
Maguire is the grubbiest merkin out there. Thank f**k he has league to support himself otherwise he would be bashing merkins for 20 outside Hoyts.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Best sledge I ever heard was Canterbury Berries halfback Terry Reynolds bait the Eels forward pack back in about 1970.

He said to a particular Parra prop something on the lines of "Geez ya missus and daughter both have tight merkins".

One second later BOOM! Both packs broke into an all in brawl. Glorious.

Last edited:
I like sledging.

I noticed Michael Morgan got gobby at Blake as half time started.

Later Morgan caught the karma bus.

Given the way the media (particularly the News Corp blokes) are dodging saying what McGuire allegedly said, I wonder if it was a racial slur.

On NRL 360 both Rothfield and Kent described the comment as "defamatory" which was why they could not say it on air.

no name

Coach
Best sledge I ever heard was Canterbury Berries halfback Terry Reynolds bait the Eels forward pack back in about 1970.

He said to a particular Parra prop something on the lines of "Geez ya missus and daughter both have tight merkins".

One second later BOOM! Both packs broke into an all in brawl. Glorious.
The great sledges are usually clever and/or funny.
That was neither.

The Bye

Juniors
Apparently it carried on later in the match, with Blake ‘Dennis’ Ferguson saying if he said the sledge again he was going to clock Moose. Which is a baffling attempted threat given we’ve all bared witness to Ferguson’s ability to punch on after getting bashed by a bum they dragged out of a pub in Goulburn for his one and only ‘professional’ fight.

How could anybody hate Morgan. He's probably the nicest guy unlucky enough to finish last in the grubfest that is NRL.
Morgan comes across as a likeable, normal guy.

He is also the poster-boy for conjunctivitis. If Visine or Clear Eyes haven’t offered him a TPA already, they need a new marketing team.

Latest posts