What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
All the media are a joke when it comes to McGregor. Ray Hadley was on the radio yesterday talking about state of origin and his career of calling rugby league. He said he doesn’t support teams but rather coaches he likes. He said he always cheers for McGregor because he is a good bloke. I can’t believe both our club and the media are so blind to this guys inept coaching ability just because he is a nice guy. I thought the nrl was a professional sport, I guess it is only for certain teams. The rest of us are just a joke making up the numbers.
Cheers for him..good bloke....does not mean he thinks he is a good coach!

Gareth67

First Grade
B0E61C06-E42C-4559-91DB-2EBEF41E4864.jpeg
“ I wonder why it is that my Dragon reps play so damn well in the SOO yet they go downhill when there playing for me ? “

“ Ah ! It’s that sky blue jumper - that’s it , I will speak to Brian about changing the Red V to sky blue - premiership here we come ! “

Last edited:
View attachment 31285
“ I wonder why it is that my Dragon reps play so damn well in the SOO , yet they go downhill when there playing for me ? “

“ Ah ! It’s the sky blue jumper - that’s it , I will speak to Brian about changing the Red V to sky blue - premiership here we come ! “

Lol

That’s a photo of Mary the day he is sacked and replaced with 500 game legend latrell Mitchell.

St Hope

Juniors
What position did the coach play ,who are continually our 2 worst defenders rushing in , rushing up and poor options in defence if the two players in the position you played are two of the worst offenders maybe it is time to rethink your position.
They can't defend their position how can the coach.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
NEWS Update- ...... and now, a word from our sponsor.

Supporting the Dragons has never been easy but now we can cut the crap.

Does our no:1 give you the number twos?

Do you get caught short commenting on a McGregor thread?

Sack McGregor, Today!

Last edited:

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
So the Titans with 1 SOO and no international players and a rookie coach 18 months into his first stint are about to sack the coach for poor performances. Meanwhile at the dragons, who have won only two more games than than the Titans, and boast 5 SOO ( including SIMS) plus two internationals - so Mary has a much better squad - are only two games better.

Titans are getting ride of their coach we at the very least will continue with our coaching squad. Also the Titans are a rabble, what does that make us?

getsmarty

Immortal
How embarrassing was the display on national TV..."The Boys come down to show their respect"

Someone pull him aside and give him a few pointers..........

gonz

Juniors
If this was posted sorry from another forum.
Nothing new really

Apparently Mary not well liked by any of the younger players he's a massive problem with too much self interest & not team interest.we have lost Garrick,Herbert,marsters,field , Lachlan timm with more to come. But we go and buy maranta because he is Korbut Simms best friend!!
Reece Robson is another one

And players don't want come because of his style / tactics + no freakish kid will come to us their managers wont allow them

Qapm

Juniors
Just saw Cameron Smith's 400. Lot of commentary on how he doesn't have to be as forceful as he once was as he has great forwards doing solid work so he can concentrate on guiding the troops around the field. Consider the long term planning and personnel management enabling the Storm to be the Storm over the years.

Imagine being Gareth Widdop. You have world class forwards on your squad, consistently picked for SOO, you have so much potential and when you're at your best, it's something else but you've laboring under a mediocre coaching regime with no idea on how to use the talent they have and all you have to show for it is a twice busted up shoulder.

Angela Smith

Juniors
I cannot believe we are not getting any negative publicity in relation to our performances this year. We won 2 games by 1 pt and a 3rd by 2 pts. We could easily be coming last. He got the players he wanted so he has no excuses. Other teams have just as many injuries and are still winning games. We have no-one coming next year so is this what we are going to get in 2020?

I love hearing the dribble that comes out of his mouth after a game. Always so positive even when we lose. Would a great coach like Bellamy be so positive? The team needs a coach, not a nice guy/friend

We can only hope the board will come to their senses and replace him for 2020.. Been supporting the dragons for 30 years.. I hate seeing them like this.. Hoping the press can start discussing this so some pressure is applied...

Round 1 - L
Cowboys 24 Dragons 12

Round 2 - L
Dragons 18 Rabbitohs 34

Round 3 - W by 1 pt
Broncos 24 Dragons 25

Round 4 - W by 1 pt
Knights 12 Dragons 13

Round 5 - W
Dragons 40 Bulldogs 4

Round 6 - W by 2 pts
Dragons 12 Sea Eagles 10