What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Vs Titans

betcats

Referee
He’s still cordners man, you defend inside out, it’s pretty simple. Maloney’s actions meant he couldn’t help Cordner, but they had an over lap any way. He was caught in a shit spot.

He would of been inside him had Jimmy been where he should've. He read the play wrong and came out looking for Munster to get it leaving a gaping hole for Papali to walk through, Cordner is tackling the ball carrier DCE when he passes it, how can Papali be his man?

Jimmys had this problem his entire career, he was a metre in front on Cordner when Mcguire scored also, they both still should of made that tackle though.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Cordner is tackling the ball carrier DCE when he passes it, how can Papali be his man?

That’s the mistake that let the try in. Cordner should have slid off and let his inside man cover DCE, I think it was Cook, but he didn’t, he jammed in on DCE and let Paps stroll through.

snickers007

Juniors
Lol, number one in Goofs

We're also #1 in Line speed, a stat which probably has a big flow on effect with our penalties against, and missed tackles.

We've kind of had this perception over the past 5 years that teams save their worst games of the year for when the play us - mostly due to the high error and penalty rates in our games. I think the reality is that we play a fast and aggressive game in defence that we force a lot of errors, and we frustrate the opposition.

So while our missed tackle count is high, and our tackle efficiency is low, I don't think it's reflected in our line breaks conceded, or even tries conceded. We don't always stick our tackles, but we do knock the wind out of them. Lot's of teams need to kick behind the line to score tries against us - they're not just brushing us aside.

Having said that, our ball handling is absolute ass (across the board), and we have a terrible relationship with the refs. In the past, I think the club and us fans have swept this under the rug, and tried to justify it as "we're a young team. they'll learn from their mistakes etc". But I think for some players, it has unfortunately become habit. This was especially true for Dallin and Waqa, so it will be interesting to see how they go with other clubs and their different preparations and expectations.

Anyway, up the Panthers. f**k I hope we give it to the Titans tonight. Nothing worse than losing winnable games on a Friday night. Ruins the whole weekend.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Cook didn’t even attempt a tackle on dce

Yep, that’s where the problem started, if he had of taken DCE, Cordner slides out and hits Paps and Jimmy can then help if needed.
Cordner stopped sliding which left the massive hole.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not for a second suggesting that Maloney isn’t a shit defender, he is, but that try wasn’t his fault.

betcats

Referee
Yep, that’s where the problem started, if he had of taken DCE, Cordner slides out and hits Paps and Jimmy can then help if needed.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not for a second suggesting that Maloney isn’t a shit defender, he is, but that try wasn’t his fault.

I disagree. Papali runs straight where Jimmy should be. You don’t push out and leave a gap like that you move together with the man inside you, Jimmy gets Caught like that often.

TheFrog

Coach

The one before as well, was 75% Cordner and 25% Maloney. Maguire slipped both their tackles, and beat 2 more as well. You just know Maloney isn't going to stop big hulking forwards, he is there for his ball play, but Cordner is expected to. Fittler will not have missed either one.

OldPanther

Coach
Final team out yet?

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. James MALONEY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Hertz
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
15. Frank WINTERSTEIN - sponsored by Chemtools
12. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Bidfood
19. Jed CARTWRIGHT - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/07/12/piazza-doro-late-mail-round-17/

kinghippo

Juniors
Decent looking team, good balance on the bench. I am glad they didn’t rush Nathan back and hopefully luai continues to improve.

Latest posts