What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benji Marshall....

The Bye

Juniors
Lol herp derp. He was arguably better in 09, 10 and 11 than his 05 form. Inbetween those years he was cruelled with injury
Perhaps in the eyes of rusted on tigers supporters. But unlikely in the eyes of impartial footy fans with even just half a clue. Have never quite seen a player ride the hype of 1-2 good seasons for as long as Benji has.

The unknown

Juniors
Perhaps in the eyes of rusted on tigers supporters. But unlikely in the eyes of impartial footy fans with even just half a clue. Have never quite seen a player ride the hype of 1-2 good seasons for as long as Benji has.

Yeah. I think you're trying too hard

Or maybe in the eyes of the 100s of thousands of kids who look up to him?

DeeJ

Bench
I've always enjoyed watching Marshall play, even in his small stint at the Broncos.

A true entertainer of the game, he's matured into a respectable play maker and conducts himself well off the field.

Fangs

Coach
Great player. His career was over by the time he left to Union. He came back and re-invented himself at the Dragons. Not an easy thing to do when you have the highlights reel he has. Special player.

The Bye

Juniors
Yeah. I think you're trying too hard

Or maybe in the eyes of the 100s of thousands of kids who look up to him?
That’s a bit of a stretch IMO. Sure after 05, there were a couple of kids practicing his step and flick pass to Pat Richards. Like his career, the hype soon died off as the likes of JT, Slater etc emerged as genuine superstars of our game that kids wanted to replicate.

300 games is a wonderful achievement, especially for somebody that had such a rapid decline in form, but he won’t go down as one of the greats of the game.

unforgiven

Bench
That’s a bit of a stretch IMO. Sure after 05, there were a couple of kids practicing his step and flick pass to Pat Richards. Like his career, the hype soon died off as the likes of JT, Slater etc emerged as genuine superstars of our game that kids wanted to replicate.

300 games is a wonderful achievement, especially for somebody that had such a rapid decline in form, but he won’t go down as one of the greats of the game.

and this alt wont go down as one of the better alts of the forum!

The unknown

Juniors

I don't think anyone was saying he was the greatest

You can have an impact on the game without being the best player

I was a casual follower until he burst onto the scene. Now Id say I'm a pretty hardcore fan largely due to watching him and I know many others in the same boat

Perth Tiger

Bench
He was a frustrating player to follow. I wished I had a dollar for every second or third tackle kick that went dead.

But when he was on, there was no more fun player to watch.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic player and about as entertaining a player as there has ever been. Seems like a good bloke too which seems to be rarer and rarer these days. Feel like there was some missed oppurtunity in his career, constantly crueled by injury and wasted a year or 2 in union. Wish he had been a tiger for life.

Also got so close to winning a 2nd premiership with the tigers, that was the one that got away.

The Bye

Juniors
Ha great one!!!

Ya may as well use all your good material before you change to your next username ey?
Not sure why there’s accusations of being an alt account. Happy for the administration team to check my IP address or email address.

Latest posts