What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

69-05-41

Juniors
Tomic was fined his first round match payment for tanking lol.

Not a fan of Tomic, but what qualifies the referee/mind-reader/psychic to determine whether he performed to the "required professional standard"? Based on this precedent should Stosur be fined her entire career prize money?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not a fan of Tomic, but what qualifies the referee/mind-reader/psychic to determine whether he performed to the "required professional standard"? Based on this precedent should Stosur be fined her entire career prize money?

Don’t even mention Stosurs name in the same breath as Tomic. Stosur singles form might have been terrible especially in the last few years but she has never gone out and not tried in any match, Tomic doesn’t even try anymore, he is just happy to go out and tank a first round game and pick up a decent pay check for not even trying, so glad he got fined for this time for not even trying.
Stosur won the US Open singles final and was a finalist at the French Open and has won both women’s and mixed doubles grand slam titles and probably would have won a few more titles barring injury at critical times of her career , Tomics trophy cabinet is pretty bare.

Last edited:

LatK7

First Grade
We're edging closer to a Federer/Nadal semi. Nadal has been playing well enough to win. Still not sure about Fed's form...he's warming up but not clear if his game is where it needs to be. Still struggling with the speed of the court, possibly. Too few free points on serve (a tragedy on grass!).

Either way, hard to see either getting past Djokovic in the final. Has the legs over Fed and the mental edge over Nadal, at least off clay.

LatK7

First Grade
Fedal is on again. I think Nadal will take it in 4 sets, but Fed could snatch it if he ups his game another notch.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think Fed wins in 4 sets.

The highest seeded opponent Nadal has faced is like 45th lol Pretty standard for him tbh.

The only tough match he's had was against Nick, who could have beaten him. And Fed is much much better than Kygrios.

So whilst Rafa is playing well I think his form is being overstated because he's faced a plethora of mugs, and no one bashes mugs better than Rafa.

Roger will be 10 classes above what he's faced and on grass I expect Roger to continue his non clay utter dominance of Rafa.

The final will be a different story because Novak is the Immovable Object and may be unbeatable.

LatK7

First Grade
I think Fed wins in 4 sets.

The highest seeded opponent Nadal has faced is like 45th lol Pretty standard for him tbh.

The only tough match he's had was against Nick, who could have beaten him. And Fed is much much better than Kygrios.

So whilst Rafa is playing well I think his form is being overstated because he's faced a plethora of mugs, and no one bashes mugs better than Rafa.

Roger will be 10 classes above what he's faced and on grass I expect Roger to continue his non clay utter dominance of Rafa.

The final will be a different story because Novak is the Immovable Object and may be unbeatable.

That could happen but Fed’s form isn’t up to what he produced in 2017 and I’d say Nadal, or at least Nadal’s serve is looking better than that year.

It will probably come down to Fed’s serve as everything else clicks when it’s on. The very slow grass will give Nadal a decent shot of making returns...despite his ridiculous return position for this surface.

I thought Fed played Nadal well recently at RG, but just couldn’t hit through the court or rob Nadal of time. A different story here if Fed can start well and find his range.

And agreed regarding Djokovic. Both are toast against him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I still can't forget the Aus Open 2019 final.

Rafa made all six of his previous opponents look like school children; and then Novak proceeds to make Rafa himself look like Anna Kournikova.

I mean how the hell do you do that to Rafa?!

Styles truly make fights. Rafa has made a career destroying backhands with his savage lefty top spin forehand.

It's the shot that has defined the Fedal match up.

But Novak is armed with the greatest and most indestructible backhand in history.

So for Novak he just flat bats anything that Rafa throws at him straight back across the net with force, often a few inches from the baseline.

He makes Rafa look impotent away from clay and I can't see how it wouldn't happen again if they meet in the final.

Can't see Djokovic losing this match or the final. Big Federer fan but agree in thinking that he or Nadal are little chance against him - he's got too much weaponry on everything but clay for Nadal and Fed doesn't have his grit or athleticism.

That he still doesn't get the praise of the other two and get mentioned as often in GOAT conversations is ridiculous - he is better than both of them IMO.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Roger!!!!!

What a performance at 37 years of age!

Once again I feel as though Nadal's unparalleled ability to ruthlessly dispose of mugs who can't rally or return made him look invincible hence most people were tipping him.

But Jesus Fed made an appearance in sets 1, 3 and 4 which is simply too much for Rafa these days away from the red mud.

Amazing fight from Rafa. Those last couple of games were legendary.

But as a Federer fan I couldn't be more amazed at that performance in the clutch moments.

And now on to the challenge of facing the T-1000 in the final. It's not impossible, but pretty bloody close to it.

LatK7

First Grade
Well...I shouldn't have doubted the GOAT in this one. Superb play against a very good Nadal. A tactical masterclass. Fed's still got him completely worked out off the Paris dirt.

That was a special one for the fans & nice to return the favour after the RG SF.

As for the final, I don't think Fed's anywhere near a chance. He's spent after that one & Djokovic has had the perfect prep. A 12th Wimbledon final at (almost) 38 years of age is absolutely astonishing & will do fine for his fans.

That match in quality was an order of magnitude greater than anyone outside of the Big Three can produce. It's as if they're playing a different game altogether. They're so far ahead of the trailing pack that any comparisons are simply pointless - and it doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon.

It'll be a sad day once they do eventually put the raquets away, and shit merkins like Kyrgios may finally breathe a bit easier because they'll finally be given a chance since the tour will become like what the WTA is now.

axl rose

Bench
Well played Halep. :D terribly one sided but when that involves wiping the floor with Serena who cares.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Feds takes the 4th.

Federer is up 24-19 in games won, but Djoker is just hanging in with tie breakers.

It would seem drastically unfair for this match to be decided by a tie breaker in the 5th

Latest posts