What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Butts74

Juniors
Heard the Priors are now heading back there to fund it again now they have dismantled the Blacktown Ron Massey operation, leaving them with no Shield and last in Ron Massey. Only problem is they wont pay unless Brad is coach.
Yeah they will go back there knowing that they have ran Blacktown into the ground for the past couple of seasons. Brad will most likely coach the Massey and Dan Jackson will do the shield if that’s the case. Maybe Luke Dweller might be assistant there.

imgunawin72

Juniors
Yeah they will go back there knowing that they have ran Blacktown into the ground for the past couple of seasons. Brad will most likely coach the Massey and Dan Jackson will do the shield if that’s the case. Maybe Luke Dweller might be assistant there.
Why is Prior leaving Blacktown ?

rightleftin

Juniors
There were a couple unexpected results today. Mounties are not playing as well as at the start of the season when they flogged Wests 40-4 and Wests got the money today. In the late game Asquith made several changes from last week and had their winning run stopped by Blacktown.

RMC

Wests 23 Mounties 20
St Marys 36 Brothers 20
Blacktown 16 Asquith 6

SS

St Marys 64 Brothers 18

IMO

Juniors
There were a couple unexpected results today. Mounties are not playing as well as at the start of the season when they flogged Wests 40-4 and Wests got the money today. In the late game Asquith made several changes from last week and had their winning run stopped by Blacktown.

RMC

Wests 23 Mounties 20
St Marys 36 Brothers 20
Blacktown 16 Asquith 6

SS

St Marys 64 Brothers 18
Blacktown and Asquith was apparently the grudge match of the coaches. It appears the one with allegedly no idea has tken the chocolates

Broncos93

Juniors
Blacktown out enthused Asquith today and deserved their win.

Referee did play a part though, incorrectly ruled out an intercept try with a couple of minutes to play which would have set up a grandstand finish.

Blacktown and Asquith was apparently the grudge match of the coaches. It appears the one with allegedly no idea has tken the chocolates
I was there today, Asquith were along way from their best. Having said that I thought Blacktown were pretty good. Wasn’t a great game to watch, officiating was quite ordinary, game was never allowed to flow

Oldschool

Juniors
Blacktown were good yesterday. Asquith were out enthused and struggled to make metres. Referee didn't let the game flow which suited Blacktown but they definitely deserved the win. I think Wests and Guildford are still a chance but Blacktown may have left their run a bit late.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Only as good as your last match
Must feel good to be able to say that 3 times a season.

For what it's worth I spoke to Pat this morning. He said that Blacktown were the better side by a mile and without a doubt deserved their win. He said the Li brothers and Kurt Aldridge were great for Blacktown and were the difference.

He was happy that even on a bad day Asquith only let in 16 points and said while he obviously wanted to win, he will take 7 wins in a row and a loss to Blacktown every season if it's on offer.

He said Asquiths failings were obvious whereas Blacktown will be asking why they dont perform like that every week. If they can find the answer then no one will enjoy playing them and they'll be a threat in the semis. He said he expects Magnis Stromquist, Jordon Renfrey, Pickering and Jerry Key to be back next game and said with all respect to Blacktown, Asquith will know more about how they are going after Mounties and Wenty the next 2 games but knows they need to improve.

Yes I am biased as I've been coached by Pat but you'll always get a straight answer if you ask him what he thought and if they get outplayed he will have no problem admitting it, whether it's against Blacktown or anyone else.

Waverunner29

Juniors
Must feel good to be able to say that 3 times a season.

For what it's worth I spoke to Pat this morning. He said that Blacktown were the better side by a mile and without a doubt deserved their win. He said the Li brothers and Kurt Aldridge were great for Blacktown and were the difference.

He was happy that even on a bad day Asquith only let in 16 points and said while he obviously wanted to win, he will take 7 wins in a row and a loss to Blacktown every season if it's on offer.

He said Asquiths failings were obvious whereas Blacktown will be asking why they dont perform like that every week. If they can find the answer then no one will enjoy playing them and they'll be a threat in the semis. He said he expects Magnis Stromquist, Jordon Renfrey, Pickering and Jerry Key to be back next game and said with all respect to Blacktown, Asquith will know more about how they are going after Mounties and Wenty the next 2 games but knows they need to improve.

Yes I am biased as I've been coached by Pat but you'll always get a straight answer if you ask him what he thought and if they get outplayed he will have no problem admitting it, whether it's against Blacktown or anyone else.
How would you rate Pat as a coach seems to recruit really well but hasn't been able to be overly successful

IMO

Juniors
How would you rate Pat as a coach seems to recruit really well but hasn't been able to be overly successful
Pats coaching isn't an issue. He couldn't recruit if he didn't know what he was doing. Players talk and know who can coach or not

Pantherman72

Juniors
No doubt he can coach but money talks aswell.
He had no money at Blacktown and when he got there they were getting beaten by over 50 points in both grades. Had never made the finals. He took them to the semis. When he left they were an ISP club.

Went to Asquith and they had no Ron Massey Cup team at all. Made the semis last year in both grades (Asquiths shield would barely win a game previously when they fielded a Ron Massey Cup team) and are top 4 this year.

I would say that is successful. Has never been at a big club in Ron Massey Cup and started from scratch both times.

He is too good to coach that level. Ask 99% of players who have had him and they will say the same thing.

Reactions: IMO