What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Run Home

snickers007

Juniors
I honestly think 26 points will make the 8 this year. Whether we can make it on 26 points depends on how well we claw back our F/A.

For what it's worth though, I think we can finish on 28 (30 if we can roll Canberra).

I also think we have the best run home of pretty much every team. We should make it - but one unexpected loss could snowball and cruel us.

OldPanther

Coach
The Titans tonight is a banana peel game.

A what?

giphy.gif

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
A top 8 team today could playing like a bottom 4 team in 3 weeks. I don't much stock in the whole easy/hard draw thing. The only thing I can say with confidence is Storm at Melbourne is the type of hard game you want right before finals.

Fangs

Coach
Well I imagine everyone is content with yesterday's result. Sure there were more points on offer but we rarely pass the 20 mark anyway.

Dragons with Maloney/Cleary I can see us winning. Raiders I expect a loss but we can get them too. The next opportunity to really pile on points is the Dogs game. We should be better in attack by then you'd think having been tested by better sides. Centres/halves settled in, more consistency. Dogs showing a lot more fight than the Titans but it's still a 13+ game for top 8 sides.

Fangs

Coach
Didn't work out that way for the Knights - or is that your point?

Unlike the Titans they won't be easy beats. But if our team is serious then we should still beat them comfortably.

The Knights were very disappointing against them. Probably needed a wake up call post Origin.

OldPanther

Coach
Unlike the Titans they won't be easy beats. But if our team is serious then we should still beat them comfortably.

The Knights were very disappointing against them. Probably needed a wake up call post Origin.

Missing Ponga hurts them as he's their main point of attack.

OldPanther

Coach
Can we still make top 4? We are now only 2 points behind Manly and Raiders, 4 behind Rooster. Some depending on results of course.

Can we still make top 4? We are now only 2 points behind Manly and Raiders, 4 behind Rooster. Some depending on results of course.

Looks like it’s still a possibility. With Manly losing today, it certainly makes things very interesting.

We just have to keep on winning. The next two games at home are absolutely crucial for us to win to have a shot at the Top 4.

Still hard to bloody believe that we’re even in this position, given our horror start to the season.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well I imagine everyone is content with yesterday's result. Sure there were more points on offer but we rarely pass the 20 mark anyway.

Dragons with Maloney/Cleary I can see us winning. Raiders I expect a loss but we can get them too. The next opportunity to really pile on points is the Dogs game. We should be better in attack by then you'd think having been tested by better sides. Centres/halves settled in, more consistency. Dogs showing a lot more fight than the Titans but it's still a 13+ game for top 8 sides.

Still don't see us making the 8 but good to atleast be a chance going into the backend of the season.

OldPanther

Coach
Looks like it’s still a possibility. With Manly losing today, it certainly makes things very interesting.

We just have to keep on winning. The next two games at home are absolutely crucial for us to win to have a shot at the Top 4.

Still hard to bloody believe that we’re even in this position, given our horror start to the season.

Yeah it's hard to imagine that we would be in this position. I'm pretty hyped for the rest of the season.

For and against will be the killer

A few more 20 point wins and we will get it sorted.

TheFrog

Coach
Raiders yet to play but they've got the Dragons in Wollongong, far from a fait accompli. Since we seem to be having a golden run not only with wins but also with results going our way, I'll put in my order for a desperate struggle going down to the death with the Dragons getting up after defending repeated assaults on their line throughout the entire second half.

age.s

First Grade
A few more 20 point wins and we will get it sorted.

A few more 20 point wins and well be bumping up against teams with a +60-80 f/a.

I think we need to accept that our f/a is shot this year. We'll just need to win more games than anyone we need to finish on top of. Big wins are nice but aren't really going to be more impactful than close ones.

Latest posts