What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Stats.

TheDMC

Bench
Correction - I meant tackle breaks, not line breaks. Line breaks can be credited to you when you go past the line or cross the try line. Ken has scored a lot of our tries this year and so this is how he has been credited with 4th on the line breaks category. However, I've been talking about a bit of both tackle breaks resulting in a clean line break as we have seen guys like Fergusson, Cotric, Rapana etc do.

We criticised earlier this year Kens inability to beat his man so it's funny to go from that to now calling him a line breaker.

The stats definition of line breaker was a little different from mine, as I dont count try scoring as line breaking as is the criteria for the NRL stats.

Line Break - Ball carrier breaks the defensive line in open play or when player crosses the try line and successfully scores a Try

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/official-stats-definitions/

Oh you were talking about tackle breaks the whole time....

Ken has the forth most tackle breaks out of NRL wingers this year. Only SKD, Periera, and Addo-Carr have more.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Oh you were talking about tackle breaks the whole time....

Ken has the forth most tackle breaks out of NRL wingers this year. Only SKD, Periera, and Addo-Carr have more.
Look I'll just KO you with this one ok and so you can sit there and hush like I've done to you before.

Here are the stats. Ken is not coming "forth" like you claim.

RTS breaks tackles quite regularly, that's a no brainer. Does Ken do the same? Hell no. To say yes is to know NOTHING about the Warriors. Anyway, RTS is coming third and SKD in at fourth. Make like me and just admit you were wrong and you're now correcting like I just did in my post you replied to but it ended up backfiring on you.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/players/?competition=111&season=2019&stat=29

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Correction - I meant tackle breaks, not line breaks. Line breaks can be credited to you when you go past the line or cross the try line. Ken has scored a lot of our tries this year and so this is how he has been credited with 4th on the line breaks category. However, I've been talking about a bit of both tackle breaks resulting in a clean line break as we have seen guys like Fergusson, Cotric, Rapana etc do.

We criticised earlier this year Kens inability to beat his man so it's funny to go from that to now calling him a line breaker.

The stats definition of line breaker was a little different from mine, as I dont count try scoring as line breaking as is the criteria for the NRL stats.

Line Break - Ball carrier breaks the defensive line in open play or when player crosses the try line and successfully scores a Try

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/official-stats-definitions/

You completely contradict yourself.
You say he is not a line breaker and then provide us with a definition that defines a line break as crossing the try line and scoring a try.
Ken does this often. Therefore by your supplied defenition is a linebreaker.
Voila.

JJ

Immortal
A stats thread on almost any other Warrior would be worthy of much more criticism TBH

TheDMC

Bench
Look I'll just KO you with this one ok and so you can sit there and hush like I've done to you before.

Here are the stats. Ken is not coming "forth" like you claim.

RTS breaks tackles quite regularly, that's a no brainer. Does Ken do the same? Hell no. To say yes is to know NOTHING about the Warriors. Anyway, RTS is coming third and SKD in at fourth. Make like me and just admit you were wrong and you're now correcting like I just did in my post you replied to but it ended up backfiring on you.

https://www.nrl.com/stats/players/?competition=111&season=2019&stat=29

Nice try on the KO, but you gave yourself an uppercut.

Read my post again and take note of this bit: "out of NRL wingers"

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Stats look nice, but again most of his tackle breaks are bumping off defenders.

Numbers are nice, but when it comes down to context he just doesn't break tackles or the line the way I like to see my wingers do it.

What he does he does very well, but the best wingers have more to their game.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
You completely contradict yourself.
You say he is not a line breaker and then provide us with a definition that defines a line break as crossing the try line and scoring a try.
Ken does this often. Therefore by your supplied defenition is a linebreaker.
Voila.
Scoring tries isn't my definition of a line breaker. That's the NRL stats definition.

Look just stick to 'Ken does it all on his own, his insides dont do nothing'. Stick to that.

At least I correct myself when I'm wrong. You? You never bring yourself to do that when up against me. Anyway I wasn't really all that wrong. The NRL stats have a different definition to line breaks then I do. Scoring tries whilst well and truly tackled and not beating anyone in the process, isn't my definition of line breaks so I stand by that.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Nice try on the KO, but you gave yourself an uppercut.

Read my post again and take note of this bit: "out of NRL wingers"
Ok fair enough, you got me on that one. But he ain't no tackle buster or line breaker in the definition that most people know it as. Scoring tries shouldn't be a line breaker IMO. Hes NOT a line breaker despite the NRL stats saying you could get TACKLED in the act of scoring tries and they call that a line break?? Pfft.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Hiku gets a lot of shit for bad defending but is it a coincidence that 2 years straight he plays inside the top tryscorer in the comp?

TheDMC

Bench
Hiku gets a lot of shit for bad defending but is it a coincidence that 2 years straight he plays inside the top tryscorer in the comp?

Hiku is really good on attack. This year his defence has seemed a lot better, at least recently anyway.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hiku is really good on attack. This year his defence has seemed a lot better, at least recently anyway.

Was thinking that today. His defence was excellent and he’s always been a great attacking centre. We need to get rid of handbrake Beale on the other side.

Rich102

Staff member
Scoring tries isn't my definition of a line breaker. That's the NRL stats definition.

Look just stick to 'Ken does it all on his own, his insides dont do nothing'. Stick to that.

At least I correct myself when I'm wrong. You? You never bring yourself to do that when up against me. Anyway I wasn't really all that wrong. The NRL stats have a different definition to line breaks then I do. Scoring tries whilst well and truly tackled and not beating anyone in the process, isn't my definition of line breaks so I stand by that.

Dream on. Noddy.