What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Broncos rd 17

Thought it was a bullshit bunker call anyway. The ref sent it up as a try, there was no clear evidence of a touch (no deflection off his hands). Not enough to overturn the on field call I thought. Seriously we can’t catch a break with the bunker.
Been for captains challenge for years, exactly like cricket. But KFC wouldn't be to happy with it.
Need the ultra edge out there for finger touches. :)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I didn't see the touch. Watching on computer but still.

The hands were in the area but the ball didn’t deflect so I don’t see how it was conclusive. Also the ball was going backwards through his hands- there was no forward momentum until it came off his shin, so it’s a different situation to when a ball is dropped and kicked forward. The deflection off the legs didn’t prevent any knock on as none had happened.
It seriously bites to always be on the end of these shit bunker calls.

The hands were in the area but the ball didn’t deflect so I don’t see how it was conclusive. Also the ball was going backwards through his hands- there was no forward momentum until it came off his shin, so it’s a different situation to when a ball is dropped and kicked forward. The deflection off the legs didn’t prevent any knock on as none had happened.
It seriously bites to always be on the end of these shit bunker calls.
I don't think we will get an apology this time. Need hot spot (do they use that in cricket anymore).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Some insane player stats from that game:

RTS 334m
Hiku 224m
Maumalo 225m in 54 minutes
Tevaga 170m and 74 tackles(!)
Blair 155m and 34 tackles

Ah Mau and Paasi well up over 100m this week too.

Benek

Juniors
Quite miraculous that we nearly won a game with a completion rate around 50%. Could have dominated if we stopped the dropsies!

Penrose_11

Juniors
Not a fan of Papali’i at the moment. Yes he’s had a few good games but struggling to see how we’re relying on him to be an 70-80 min player. More often than not he has hands like feet and often dies with the ball on 6th tackle. Happened once if not twice last night. I’m thinking it’s compounded by the fact he thinks he’s a ball playing 2nd rower. Cos that he ain’t!! Papalii, Blair and Jazz must be up there with worst back row in the comp and knocking on the door with our worst ever. Zero attacking flare. Not what we want for off loads and 2nd phase.

Really missing Tohu on that right edge from last year. Unsure why SK moved both him and Hiku across, although big Ken certainly happy with it. Not so sure bout the Fus though.

Iafeta

Referee
They always rule those knock ons. If they didn’t call that Brisbane would have had every right to lose their minds.

RTS set the new NRL record for most metres in a game.

If Adam Blair plays like that week in week out then that the left edge could become potent with Kodi.

Came down to errors unfortunately. Their first try came off Ken completely ballsing a bomb. Issac dropping the ball cold in the in goal did not help. Issac and Blake’s efforts on Fifita were awful at best. Those three moments cost us the game. In that sense I felt for Kearney because for once I felt we had a well put together game plan.

Iafeta

Referee
Not a fan of Papali’i at the moment. Yes he’s had a few good games but struggling to see how we’re relying on him to be an 70-80 min player. More often than not he has hands like feet and often dies with the ball on 6th tackle. Happened once if not twice last night. I’m thinking it’s compounded by the fact he thinks he’s a ball playing 2nd rower. Cos that he ain’t!! Papalii, Blair and Jazz must be up there with worst back row in the comp and knocking on the door with our worst ever. Zero attacking flare. Not what we want for off loads and 2nd phase.

Really missing Tohu on that right edge from last year. Unsure why SK moved both him and Hiku across, although big Ken certainly happy with it. Not so sure bout the Fus though.

Would put Tohu onto the right edge and move Isaiah to the bench. Tohu is a far better right foot step to create a pass through or before the line. It all comes down to Blair. He was fantastic last night. If he’s going to play like that he’d seal the left edge easy and allow Tohu to play on the opposite side with Jazz through the middle

Big Marn

Juniors
Would put Tohu onto the right edge and move Isaiah to the bench. Tohu is a far better right foot step to create a pass through or before the line. It all comes down to Blair. He was fantastic last night. If he’s going to play like that he’d seal the left edge easy and allow Tohu to play on the opposite side with Jazz through the middle
players seem to get up when they play their old team. Warriors are haunted by ex players playing out of their skin against us. Lets see how Blair goes next week against a team he hasnt played for.

Iafeta

Referee
Oh I agree. Consistency will be the issue. 50 odd tackles and 170m v 40 tackles and 12 metres or whatever it was. Which was against one of his old mobs. It just looked much better balanced with Kodi directing traffic on that side and using his speed to draw defenders in.

Chanel I thought was also pretty good when he came out. He had a few excellent snipes from dummy half.

Blair

Coach
This thread sounds like utter bedlum once I switched off when the Broncos went 18-16 ahead!

Good on you guys though, 'if you're tired of a Warriors golden point game then you're tired of life!'*

*I can't remember whether it was Oscar Wilde or Tea Ropati who said that.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
The draw is great in the sense that, if we're still fantasizing about the eight, then our poor f/a record won't be a factor.*

*unless it comes down to us v Broncos for the last spot.

The draw is great in the sense that, if we're still fantasizing about the eight, then our poor f/a record won't be a factor.*

*unless it comes down to us v Broncos for the last spot.
Should be a draw at 80mins
We would then be another point up the ladder.

7 games golden point so far this year.
If they split points at 80mins, teams would change as follows.
Panthers -2
Manly -1
Dragons -1
Rooster -1
Bunnies +1
Knights +1
Storm +1
Cowboys +1
Warriors +1

Benek

Juniors
You'd think I was being ironic but I wasn't. I'd hardly heard his name mentioned on the radio call.

Then I log in here the next day and read he ran a mammoth 300+ metres.
Must have been bad radio callers. He was in everything.

Latest posts