What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I’m personally glad to see the back of Tep. Wish him nothing but the best but he’s not improved at all in recent seasons. You could argue he’s actually gone backwards. Looking forward to seeing who we go after to replace him and Mau.

It’s all about replacing him with a better player. Same goes with Manu.

So as much as both players have either plateaued or even commenced their decline, the whole process will be for nothing if they don’t replace them with better players.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s all about replacing him with a better player. Same goes with Manu.

So as much as both players have either plateaued or even commenced their decline, the whole process will be for nothing if they don’t replace them with better players.

And better players being available and wanting to come.
We may even replace them with worse players

Pazza

First Grade
Very very skinny in that edge back row position atm.

Wonder if taka re signs or Salmon spends some time there off the bench?

Glenneel

Bench

We have Fainga'a and also Salmon who could play back row atm but will obviously need more. Do we go to the shops or bring juniors in? Also Kaufusi and Stefeno to come into middle with maybe Welch and who to come as additional middles.

Bazal

Post Whore

Off contract is skinny too around the NRL. Interesting to see how we replace Ma'u in particular. Corey Oates was on our radar last year and he still wants to platy second row allegedly, but beyond that and a few old bastards you're looking at probably Joel Thompson as the best option. Grim

Lane and Niukore were both playing 80 mins early in the year but you still need some depth...

hindy111

Post Whore
As it stands Lane and Nikuore are our only 2 contracted wide forwards.
We need to sign 2 more. Taka would be handy at right price. Great utlitly

Bazal

Post Whore
Alex Glenn?

Reckon he's past it, personally. Could be an ok addition off the bench I guess, he's certainly a leader.

If we did go for that sort of player I'd much rather Maubusson myself.

Of course there are probably a few shifts to occur with teams letting loose on contract players too. Interesting.

Anyone but f**king Taka, please...lol

chiefy1

Juniors
He’d be a decent depth signing for Wenty.

The eels are done with the Frichard, Williams and choc Watmough moments. We either sign players with future potential and/or players who will make a difference. Glenn is on the downslope and will offer nothing we don't already have.

Pazza

First Grade
The eels are done with the Frichard, Williams and choc Watmough moments. We either sign players with future potential and/or players who will make a difference. Glenn is on the downslope and will offer nothing we don't already have.

Like Kane Evans?

chiefy1

Juniors
Like Kane Evans?

I believe evans was signed before the big change that came during the early part of the 2018 season. A massive wake up call for Gurr.

Luckily, Evans is now putting in, but 3 years was definitely way over the top.

Since then we've signed Ferguson, Waqa, Sivo, Lane, Jnr + Welch :wink:.