What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
Suggest the Storm officials are ok with tonight's crowd but not over the moon! It was a very special promotion that involved plenty of publicity and functions leading into it. So was good but not outstanding. Think the West Tigers v Parramatta Eels game in daylight hours on a sunny day should draw close to capacity.

Slater1

Juniors
Suggest the Storm officials are ok with tonight's crowd but not over the moon! It was a very special promotion that involved plenty of publicity and functions leading into it. So was good but not outstanding. Think the West Tigers v Parramatta Eels game in daylight hours on a sunny day should draw close to capacity.

When's the last time the North Sydney Bears draw a crowd of 22,737 Pony??

I think the Storm would be VERY happy with the crowd tonight considering it was a 'General Admission Sell Out', the weather in Melbourne has been horrible the past few days, it's the last weekend of the school holidays and there's a ton of works on the public transport network.

I think this crowd should be celebrated as a success for the code in an expansion market, not criticised by Sydney siders who think expansion is putting another team into Sydney.

sempmrh

Juniors
It’s the seventh highest regular season crowd at AAMI Park.

BlueandGold

Juniors

If the Tigers show up that is.

By the looks of available seating at Bankwest this game will struggle to crack 20k.

To many seats available, going to need a huge walk up.

The unknown

Juniors
If the Tigers show up that is.

By the looks of available seating at Bankwest this game will struggle to crack 20k.

To many seats available, going to need a huge walk up.

If we got 20k odd last year against the titans of all teams in robbies return game last year, surely the same fans can make the slight trek to Parramatta celebrating Benjis 300th.

But I wouldn't be surprised, some fans are still rusted on LO / Cambo and don't see Bankwest as a true home venue, especially against your mob

BlueandGold

Juniors
If we got 20k odd last year against the titans of all teams in robbies return game last year, surely the same fans can make the slight trek to Parramatta celebrating Benjis 300th.

But I wouldn't be surprised, some fans are still rusted on LO / Cambo and don't see Bankwest as a true home venue, especially against your mob

Yeah you would think the Tigers fans would want to celebrate Benji's 300th at the very least.

Also an opportunity to win against the Eels at our home venue.

Rusted on fans don't want to support the Bankwest move and i can understand the reasons why.

Lets hope it cracks 20k.

Rooster8

Juniors

I think the Storm would be VERY happy with the crowd tonight considering it was a 'General Admission Sell Out', the weather in Melbourne has been horrible the past few days, it's the last weekend of the school holidays and there's a ton of works on the public transport network.

I think this crowd should be celebrated as a success for the code in an expansion market, not criticised by Sydney siders who think expansion is putting another team into Sydney.
Anymore excuses? The trams were running slow? The Essendon was too much competition?

I really hope Mitch Pearce plays 400, or a player from Brisbane/NQ/Penrith does additionally, that place would be sold out in advance.

Stallion

First Grade

Still some dummies on the site. If you read it correctly I'm suggesting the Melbourne Storm people are high achievers and that crowd was less than they expected. I see dummies are still trolling on the site! And I'm a supporter of the Melbourne Storm in the NRL. Just thnk the whiteanting of the code in Sydney is not necessary. The 1997 agreement to reduce the number of clubs was disastrous. Northern Sydney is being taken over by the very ugly union code to the detriment of rugby league . If you think thats good for this code:? Have a nice day tough guy! BTW. The Bears hosted 20000 plus crowds during the 1990s at Bear Park.

Last edited:

Zadar

Juniors

Time to stop flogging off Melbourne as an “expansion” market after 20yrs of numerous grand finals and minor premierships, with the salary cap dispensations and detriment to the game they have caused, they have been given enough leg ups as they need, the crowds they are getting are great.

Wouldn’t like to see what a couple of lean years may do to them.

AJB1102

First Grade
Hey Pete,
Why don't you tweet when we get BS crowds on Thursday night and Friday 6pm games?

Because you lack integrity, that's why. Just like when you were Qld Premier, you grubby turd.

Yeah, I dunno why more CEOs and Chairmen don't publicly criticise their company's product and performance, especially when it could upset their major partners.

The unknown

Juniors
Yeah you would think the Tigers fans would want to celebrate Benji's 300th at the very least.

Also an opportunity to win against the Eels at our home venue.

Rusted on fans don't want to support the Bankwest move and i can understand the reasons why.

Lets hope it cracks 20k.

I reckon it will easily. Usually the ticket sites are never a proper indicator, most of the time they are just inept and it doesn't paint the full picture

Latest posts