What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

T-Boon

Coach
I reckon Manly have a healthier away crowd when they play in Melbourne than at ANZ.

Manly should shift to central coast stadium with maybe 3 home games at Brookvale. I mean one omen is that Osprey that nests at central coast stadium (look it up it is in the papers). Ospreys arent exactly sea eagles but they are pretty close and anyway dumb punters would not know the difference between a sea eagle and an osprey. Either way it is a super cool little marketing thingo.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Good crowd in Gosford Absolutely underwhelming crowd at Parramatta! So dissapointing. Both sides deserved a better attendance.

mave

Coach
More to the point: "f**k rugby league in northern Sydney! " That's the logic going on here .

Well the Bears aren't North Sydney anymore are they ?
By choice, as far as I can tell.

That ambulance chaser Florimo is all over the media wanting to buy into any club that happens to be going through a financial tough patch.

From memory he has been in the media for the Sharks, Titans, potential new bids in Gosford and Gold Coast, and more recently Manly....and I've probably forgotten a few.

Not a lot of northern Sydney action for Florimos vision of the Bears these days.

No-one cares about the Canterbury Cup either.

Stallion

First Grade
Well the Bears aren't North Sydney anymore are they ?
By choice, as far as I can tell.

That ambulance chaser Florimo is all over the media wanting to buy into any club that happens to be going through a financial tough patch.

From memory he has been in the media for the Sharks, Titans, potential new bids in Gosford and Gold Coast, and more recently Manly....and I've probably forgotten a few.

Not a lot of northern Sydney action for Florimos vision of the Bears these days.

No-one cares about the Canterbury Cup either.

Agree with your comment on their tact. It's rugby league that's losing out in northern Sydney. Should be two top flight clubs: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and Central Coast Bears. This would gain back fans and not have an isolated top flight club north of the Harbour bridge. Too much logic and money to be made from that tact!

Slater1

Juniors
Still some dummies on the site. If you read it correctly I'm suggesting the Melbourne Storm people are high achievers and that crowd was less than they expected. I see dummies are still trolling on the site! And I'm a supporter of the Melbourne Storm in the NRL. Just thnk the whiteanting of the code in Sydney is not necessary. The 1997 agreement to reduce the number of clubs was disastrous. Northern Sydney is being taken over by the very ugly union code to the detriment of rugby league . If you think thats good for this code:? Have a nice day tough guy! BTW. The Bears hosted 20000 plus crowds during the 1990s at Bear Park.

How is the crowd less than expected?? General Admission seats SOLD OUT!

There was long lines to get into the ground last night-- to buy food, drinks, coffee etc. because of the crowd size.

Pony--you need to stop being so negative about the Melbourne Storm and the growth of the game. The game isn't going to grow if you just put ANOTHER team within the same catchment area as half of the teams that already exist.

Time to stop flogging off Melbourne as an “expansion” market after 20yrs of numerous grand finals and minor premierships, with the salary cap dispensations and detriment to the game they have caused, they have been given enough leg ups as they need, the crowds they are getting are great.

Wouldn’t like to see what a couple of lean years may do to them.

The Melbourne Storm is still an "expansion" market team because they are the only NRL team that's based outside of traditional 'NRL territory'. They face significantly different challenges to attract crowds and members compared to the rest of the competition.

But it's obvious you are just upset that the Storm are better than your team (as seen by the bolded comment in your post).

Stallion

First Grade
How is the crowd less than expected?? General Admission seats SOLD OUT!

There was long lines to get into the ground last night-- to buy food, drinks, coffee etc. because of the crowd size.

Pony--you need to stop being so negative about the Melbourne Storm and the growth of the game. The game isn't going to grow if you just put ANOTHER team within the same catchment area as half of the teams that already exist.

The Melbourne Storm is still an "expansion" market team because they are the only NRL team that's based outside of traditional 'NRL territory'. They face significantly different challenges to attract crowds and members compared to the rest of the competition.

But it's obvious you are just upset that the Storm are better than your team (as seen by the bolded comment in your post).

You need to read in context correctly! And the Storms CEO was expecting their biggest crowd of the season by plenty. Not my assessment. The Storms CEO's assessment on ABC sports Radio last Sunday afternoon.