What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

getsmarty

Immortal
I cannot believe we are not getting any negative publicity in relation to our performances this year. We won 2 games by 1 pt and a 3rd by 2 pts. We could easily be coming last. He got the players he wanted so he has no excuses. Other teams have just as many injuries and are still winning games. We have no-one coming next year so is this what we are going to get in 2020?

I love hearing the dribble that comes out of his mouth after a game. Always so positive even when we lose. Would a great coach like Bellamy be so positive? The team needs a coach, not a nice guy/friend

We can only hope the board will come to their senses and replace him for 2020.. Been supporting the dragons for 30 years.. I hate seeing them like this.. Hoping the press can start discussing this so some pressure is applied...

Round 1 - L
Cowboys 24 Dragons 12

Round 2 - L
Dragons 18 Rabbitohs 34

Round 3 - W by 1 pt
Broncos 24 Dragons 25

Round 4 - W by 1 pt
Knights 12 Dragons 13

Round 5 - W
Dragons 40 Bulldogs 4

Round 6 - W by 2 pts
Dragons 12 Sea Eagles 10

Round 7 - L
Roosters 20 Dragons 10

Round 8 - L
Eels 32 Dragons 18

Round 9 - L
Warriors 26 Dragons 18

Round 10 - L
Dragons 12 Knights 45

Round 11 - L
Dragons 9 Sharks 22

Round 12
Bye

Round 13 - W
Bulldogs 12 Dragons 36

Round 14 - L
Sea Eagles 34 Dragons 14

Round 15 - W
Dragons 22 Cowboys 14

Round 16 - L
Dragons 14 Storm 16

Press love Mary....he will be here in 2020....Injuries have given him a " Free Pass " for this year.

The Big PROBLEM is the Board....they have set up a structure which is doomed to fail...already discussed elsewhere so I won't go over it again except to state that Nothing will really change...

Exit McGregor enter another "Old Boy'....more than likely Barrett.

Last edited:

gonz

Juniors
I cannot believe we are not getting any negative publicity in relation to our performances this year. We won 2 games by 1 pt and a 3rd by 2 pts. We could easily be coming last. He got the players he wanted so he has no excuses. Other teams have just as many injuries and are still winning games. We have no-one coming next year so is this what we are going to get in 2020?

I love hearing the dribble that comes out of his mouth after a game. Always so positive even when we lose. Would a great coach like Bellamy be so positive? The team needs a coach, not a nice guy/friend

We can only hope the board will come to their senses and replace him for 2020.. Been supporting the dragons for 30 years.. I hate seeing them like this.. Hoping the press can start discussing this so some pressure is applied...

Round 1 - L
Cowboys 24 Dragons 12

Round 2 - L
Dragons 18 Rabbitohs 34

Round 3 - W by 1 pt
Broncos 24 Dragons 25

Round 4 - W by 1 pt
Knights 12 Dragons 13

Round 5 - W
Dragons 40 Bulldogs 4

Round 6 - W by 2 pts
Dragons 12 Sea Eagles 10

Round 7 - L
Roosters 20 Dragons 10

Round 8 - L
Eels 32 Dragons 18

Round 9 - L
Warriors 26 Dragons 18

Round 10 - L
Dragons 12 Knights 45

Round 11 - L
Dragons 9 Sharks 22

Round 12
Bye

Round 13 - W
Bulldogs 12 Dragons 36

Round 14 - L
Sea Eagles 34 Dragons 14

Round 15 - W
Dragons 22 Cowboys 14

Round 16 - L
Dragons 14 Storm 16
Spot on ! The press love it as they know his headed for failure each year means more writing material

getsmarty

Immortal
Spot on ! The press love it as they know his headed for failure each year means more writing material

Yet they only write positively about him...any negativity is about the fans expecting too much....lol

Is it asking too much to just be competitive week after week ? With a decent coach our squad would I.M.H.O be sitting 6 - 8 taking into account the injuries....

getsmarty

Immortal
Titans part ways with Brennan: Position 'untenable', says chairman
Author
Michael Chammas Chief Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 14 Jul 2019, 01:49 PM
chammas-michael-head.png

The Gold Coast Titans have parted ways with coach Garth Brennan, effective immediately.

The Titans, who sit at the bottom of the ladder after 17 rounds, will begin their search for a new coach, however, the club’s assistant coaches Luke Burt and Craig Hodges will take over for the rest of the season.

Titans head of performance and culture, Mal Meninga was due to present his findings from an internal review at a board meeting on Monday morning, however, the Titans have acted on Sunday.

It is believed Queensland coach Kevin Walters and St Helens coach Justin Holbrook are the early frontrunners for the job vacated by Brennan’s departure.

Gold Coast have issued a statement with executive chairman Dennis Watt confirming the move.

"No one at this organisation, or anyone involved in rugby league, wanted Garth’s time as head coach of the Titans to end this way,” Watt said.

"However, the results the club has achieved on the field this season have not met expectations, and the team’s performance in recent weeks has fallen to a level that is unacceptable to the board, our members, fans, sponsors and partners.

"Unfortunately, that has left the club in a situation where Garth remaining in the position of head coach has become untenable."

Watt paid tribute to Brennan for his service and commitment to the Titans, where he has been coach since the end of 2017.

Garth remaining in the position of head coach has become untenable.

Dennis Watt
"While the on-field results have not been what we hoped for, Garth will still leave a tremendous legacy for this club with his contribution to the creation of our development systems and pathways," Watt said.

"These will ensure the Titans’ future will be built around the best young players growing up on the Gold Coast and northern NSW.

"Along the way, Garth has handed NRL debuts to players like AJ Brimson, Moeaki Fotuaika and Jai Whitbread – players who will be at the core of this club for the years ahead.

"Garth, his wife Rachael and their family have made real sacrifices in moving to the Coast, and Garth has dedicated himself to connecting with Titans members, fans, local leagues and the wider community.

"Garth has been tireless in promoting the club and the game. He is a decent and genuine rugby league man, and everyone at this club wishes him and his family nothing but the best for the future."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/14/titans-and-coach-garth-brennan-to-part-ways/

Wonder what it will take to make our position untenable ?

merahputih

Juniors

Round 1 - L
Cowboys 24 Dragons 12

Round 2 - L
Dragons 18 Rabbitohs 34

Round 3 - W by 1 pt
Broncos 24 Dragons 25

Round 4 - W by 1 pt
Knights 12 Dragons 13

Round 5 - W
Dragons 40 Bulldogs 4

Round 6 - W by 2 pts
Dragons 12 Sea Eagles 10

Round 7 - L
Roosters 20 Dragons 10

Round 8 - L
Eels 32 Dragons 18

Round 9 - L
Warriors 26 Dragons 18

Round 10 - L
Dragons 12 Knights 45

Round 11 - L
Dragons 9 Sharks 22

Round 12
Bye

Round 13 - W
Bulldogs 12 Dragons 36

Round 14 - L
Sea Eagles 34 Dragons 14

Round 15 - W
Dragons 22 Cowboys 14

Round 16 - L
Dragons 14 Storm 16
Welcome AS! Good first post and spot on. Unfortunately it is futile to compare the Mcgregor Mediocrity Machine with other clubs as our fearless organisation is unique in the world of professional sport.

rednwhites

Juniors
I know I am preaching to the converted here but this is why so many of us blew up at the time of the extension.

We are in free fall with absolutely no hope of ever leaving a dent on the competition and we are stuck here until his contract runs its course.